Check your account email address ×

Clinton foundation rating by charity watch

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

The fact is Charity Watch is no different than the IRS.   It simply see's the top level financials yet does not know any of the details of them.

For example.   The foundation can put travel expense's or salaries of it's top people into a category of direct aid even if they haven't done anything directly related to the aid itself.   Without an audit nobody know's anything different.

I can move the accounting designation of people on my staff from administrative to direct labor anytime I want.   To the IRS it makes no difference at all because either way they are equal expenses.  A charity can do this and it pumps up how much is directly related to their work instead of administrative costs.  Most Charity ranking is done completely on what the charity itself releases as these costs.   The same for a private business the IRS could give 2 shits if its administrative expenses or direct expenses. 

:lies:  errr, wait....I mean :goodpost:

Got my signs all mixed up.

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The fact is Charity Watch is no different than the IRS.   It simply see's the top level financials yet does not know any of the details of them.

For example.   The foundation can put travel expense's or salaries of it's top people into a category of direct aid even if they haven't done anything directly related to the aid itself.   Without an audit nobody know's anything different.

I can move the accounting designation of people on my staff from administrative to direct labor anytime I want.   To the IRS it makes no difference at all because either way they are equal expenses.  A charity can do this and it pumps up how much is directly related to their work instead of administrative costs.  Most Charity ranking is done completely on what the charity itself releases as these costs.   The same for a private business the IRS could give 2 shits if its administrative expenses or direct expenses. 

This had to be how the conversation went between Bernie and hillary when she was explaining how Bernie should start his current non-profit.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, racer254 said:

This had to be how the conversation went between Bernie and hillary when she was explaining how Bernie should start his current non-profit.

Accounting can simply put costs wherever it wants to make a charity look great or like crap.   Basically the only thing that you cannot hide is advertising expense.   That is why this is often the main focus on a charities rating.