Check your account email address ×

Ford Bronco coming back

Doos

Hopefully they don't screw it up. Would love a 4 door with a removable top and the new 3.5L EB.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/03/ford-bronco-coming-back-michigan-america-official/

You can credit (or blame) Donald Trump for this one. The presidential candidate has been relentless in attacking Ford for moving jobs to Mexico throughout his campaign. Ford has fired back, both with CEO Mark Fields on CNN, and on Twitter during the first debate, citing massive investment and job growth here in the United States. And now, because of this fight, we just got confirmation that the Bronco is coming back. Whether or not it looks at all like the rendering above remains to be seen.

Ford announced earlier this year that it will add four SUVs to the lineup, and it was widely assumed the Bronco would be one of those four. The theory stems from the latest contract between the UAW and Ford, and what happens to the Michigan Assembly Plant when the Focus and C-Max production move south of the border.

"We hate to see the products go to Mexico, but with the Ranger and the Bronco coming to Michigan Assembly that absolutely secures the future for our people a lot more than the Focus does."

Confirmation comes from Bill Johnson, chairman of UAW local 900, speaking to the Detroit Free Press last week. "We hate to see the products go to Mexico, but with the Ranger and the Bronco coming to Michigan Assembly that absolutely secures the future for our people a lot more than the Focus does."

Yes, he did just say that. The Bronco is coming to Michigan Assembly. Which means the Bronco is coming back. Whether you live in a Giant Douche or Turd Sandwich household, this is one thing America can come together on.

American cars are as subject to bloat as Americans are.

The U.S. military used to use "Jeeps", the M151-A1 & A2 (the A1 was better).

They're gone. They use HumVees now. Too bad. Those Jeeps were fantastic little machines.

On the Bronco:

The Bronco II was a cute little SUV. 2 door iirc. A few decades ago my friend had a new one, and four of us loaded it up with beer coolers and camping equipment and took it to New Berlin ("Unadilla"), NY for the motocross races. We drove up Rt. 17, which is paved like a ratchet. It's mile after mile of -ker klump, ker klump, ker klump, ker klump ...-, in many cars on the road.

But in the Bronco II, it was like a magic carpet. W/ four grown men and over 100 lbs of gear it was a quiet, comfortable breeze.

It's too bad so many consumers have allowed themselves to be seduced by the notion that bigger is better.

The Suzuki Sidekick was a cute little 4WD. Might be fun to sport around in that. If you want a yacht, put it in the ocean.

6 minutes ago, sear said:

They're gone. They use HumVees now. Too bad. Those Jeeps were fantastic little machines.

On the Bronco:

The Bronco II was a cute little SUV. 2 door iirc. A few decades ago my friend had a new one, and four of us loaded it up with beer coolers and camping equipment and took it to New Berlin ("Unadilla"), NY for the motocross races. We drove up Rt. 17, which is paved like a ratchet. It's mile after mile of -ker klump, ker klump, ker klump, ker klump ...-, in many cars on the road.

But in the Bronco II, it was like a magic carpet. W/ four grown men and over 100 lbs of gear it was a quiet, comfortable breeze.

It's too bad so many consumers have allowed themselves to be seduced by the notion that bigger is better.

The Suzuki Sidekick was a cute little 4WD. Might be fun to sport around in that. If you want a yacht, put it in the ocean.

Jesus, what a bunch of gibberish. 

Incredible that you can take an announcement of a new vehicle we know nothing about, and spin it into the military should have kept the their common utility vehicles smaller.

• Like 1

Mc #5

Years ago Jay Leno worked into his monologue the news that a particular brand of SUV was being recalled, because they'd spontaneously combust.

It might have been the Explorer.

His punchline:

- When you drive it to work it's an Explorer. When you drive it home it's a blazer.

- rock it Jay ! -

31 minutes ago, Doos said:

Jesus, what a bunch of gibberish. 

Incredible that you can take an announcement of a new vehicle we know nothing about, and spin it into the military should have kept the their common utility vehicles smaller.

Ignore is the best approach for this dupe faggot :guzzle: 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

I just have that feeling its going to be way overpriced with an ecoboost. 

My 84 Bronco with the 351 4 speed was a beast. Never ever ran into anything it couldn't go over/through.

A buddy had a bronco II in highschool....  looking back im not sure how we survived to make it through graduation.

I remember 1 instant of jumping it on a forest service road...  it was like landing on a big trampoline...

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

A buddy had a bronco II in highschool....  looking back im not sure how we survived to make it through graduation.

I remember 1 instant of jumping it on a forest service road...  it was like landing on a big trampoline...

Yup mine was fullsize big beast and i had the softop on the back with the rear benchseat. I actually towed a minivan through a swamp with it :lol: Ended up ripping the rear end out of the van. Ran over many medium sized trees with it too. No problemo

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, sear said:

On the Bronco:

Stick to your Prius, Smart Cars and Nissan Leafs then and stop bloating all over this topic

• Like 1

a) Thanks for reminding us that the size of automobiles is immaterial.

b) My car is a Honda Civic.

c) At least my post you quoted was about automobiles. Your #13 is about my post.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

40 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Ignore is the best approach for this dupe faggot :guzzle: 

I don't think he's a dupe, just someone with a liberal agenda that stumbled across this site.  You would think a granola munching civic driver would be hanging out at motherearth.com rather than a snowmobile site, but whatever.

1 minute ago, Doos said:

I don't think he's a dupe, just someone with a liberal agenda that stumbled across this site.  You would think a granola munching civic driver would be hanging out at motherearth.com rather than a snowmobile site, but whatever.

Yah just stumbled :lol: 

" just someone with a liberal agenda " #17

By the most literal definition of the word, it's a CONSERVATIVE agenda.

"Words mean things." Rush Limbaugh

I'm conservative.

The root word of "conservative" is "conserve". And I'm conservative about dress, energy consumption, natural resource consumption, etc.

I keep my commercial electric bill around $30.oo / month.

My motorcycle has one cylinder.

My car has four cylinders.

My diesel tractor has 3 cylinders.

I don't need a 3 ton behemoth to drive to the store for a loaf of bread.

• Platinum Contributing Member

^^^^ This guy is on a sled forum. Maybe try talking less and see if it impacts GW in a positive way. In fact, maybe just hold your breath and conserve oxygen