Check your account email address ×

Trump tells Lester Holt: Don’t fact-check debates

What do you folks think Trump is afraid of? :dunno: 

Trump tells Lester Holt: Don’t fact-check debates

Donald Trump says NBC's Lester Holt should not correct his or Hillary Clinton's facts while moderating the first presidential debate.

"I think he has to be a moderator," Trump said on "Fox & Friends" Thursday.

"I mean, if you're debating somebody and if she makes a mistake or I make a mistake ... we'll take each other on," he added. "But I certainly don't think you want Candy Crowley again."

Crowley interjected during an October 2012 debate between President Obama and Mitt Romney, after Romney said it took Obama two weeks to refer to the Benghazi, Libya, attacks as terrorism.

"He did call it an act of terror," Crowley told Romney, though she added that he was "correct" that it took that long for the White House to acknowledge the attack was not related to an anti-Islamic video.

Trump on Thursday ripped Crowley's handling of the incident, urging Holt not to follow suit.

"She turned out to be wrong," he said. "I really don't think you want that. That was a very pivotal moment in that debate. And it really threw the debate off and it was unfair. No, I think you have to have somebody that's just - let them argue it out."

Holt will moderate the debate between Trump and Clinton this Monday at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-tells-lester-holt-don’t-fact-check-debates/ar-BBwuhSL

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Trump is prolly fucking with those guys. He knows they have some "gotcha" questions lined up for him...

Yeah, I tend to agree.  Who knows what the fuck is really going on.  Trump knows they are going to play against him.  We'll see.

And I love how the headline is debunked right with the first sentence of the article.  Again....our wonderful tabloid news.

Why would Trump be afraid of Hillary?  OMG.  Wait...unless he's considering suicide. :sad:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I tend to agree.  Who knows what the fuck is really going on.  Trump knows they are going to play against him.  We'll see.

And I love how the headline is debunked right with the first sentence of the article.  Again....our wonderful tabloid news.

Why would Trump be afraid of Hillary?  OMG.  Wait...unless he's considering suicide. :sad:

Trump is too in love with himself to commit suicide, everybody knows that.

But they are definitely trying to stack the deck on him. Can't wait to see it. 

Just now, Anler said:

Trump is too in love with himself to commit suicide, everybody knows that.

But they are definitely trying to stack the deck on him. Can't wait to see it. 

I think he should bail...give more of a chance for Johnson to get in them.  Johnson will pull more votes from Hillary than Trump.  Still, he's got no chance at winning.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I think he should bail...give more of a chance for Johnson to get in them.  Johnson will pull more votes from Hillary than Trump.  Still, he's got no chance at winning.

I would like to hear Johnson talk. They are really trying hard to ignore him. 

It would be awesome if Trump cancelled. They would be sooo pissed... :lol:

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Did you type that with a straight face? :lol: 

"I mean, if you're debating somebody and if she makes a mistake or I make a mistake ... we'll take each other on," he added. "But I certainly don't think you want Candy Crowley again."

Just now, Anler said:

A lot of people would.  And it's not fair they are trying to stop it.  Is three really too much to ask for in a debate?  No.  But again, he will pull votes from the liberal side of the Dem voting base....and really pull the Bernie supporters.  In a race this close, it could mean the election.

And indeed, I think he should cancel and delay.  Fuck them (media).  And canceling or delaying won't hurt him a bit.  In fact, I think it would be good for him.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

$100.00 I got Clinton and you got Trump, are we on?:news: 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

It would be awesome for Clinton, so why do you think Trump is afraid of being fact checked at the debate?

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

A lot of people would.  And it's not fair they are trying to stop it.  Is three really too much to ask for in a debate?  No.  But again, he will pull votes from the liberal side of the Dem voting base....and really pull the Bernie supporters.  In a race this close, it could mean the election.

And indeed, I think he should cancel and delay.  Fuck them (media).  And canceling or delaying won't hurt him a bit.  In fact, I think it would be good for him.

He will attract more conservatives than liberals. Libertarians are about less govt and personal responsibility. Liberals don't like that shit. They like programs...

If he can present himself as a rational, trustworthy and intelligent candidate he will be the best and most qualified candidate. 

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Did you type that with a straight face? :lol: 

Well, not exactly...I had a smirk and was shaking my head.  You see that there are no quotations on the first two lines right?  You ever heard of "libel"?  Look it up....

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, Anler said:

Trump is prolly fucking with those guys. He knows they have some "gotcha" questions lined up for him...

Oh for sure they do and hopefully for Hillary as well 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

He will attract more conservatives than liberals. Libertarians are about less govt and personal responsibility. Liberals don't like that shit. They like programs...

If he can present himself as a rational, trustworthy and intelligent candidate he will be the best and most qualified candidate. 

Not from what I've been reading.  I kinda thought that too at first.  Bernie folks will make the difference.

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It would be awesome for Clinton, so why do you think Trump is afraid of being fact checked at the debate?

Because the media is as crooked as your cunt candidate. :lol:

Edited by Snake

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, not exactly...I had a smirk and was shaking my head.  You see that there are no quotations on the first two lines right?  You ever heard of "libel"?  Look it up....

Go look yourself at the 7:45 mark when Trump is asked moderator or fact checker, so much for the libel :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Well, watched from 7;45 on....still didn't see the headline.  And if its spoken its slander not libel.  9th grade level stuff.

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's $100.00 chump change, what are you afraid of?

Why would I bet?  I'm not confident in it...never said I was.  And I don't bet on elections unless I get something for a possible loss.

Grow up....do we need to explain to you how odds work again......:lol2: