Check your account email address ×

Mitch McConnell Calls to Cut Social Security, Medicare

19 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well I hope its a good plan.

I'll likely go for another 10 years (62) slowing down along the way.

Well I'm ramping up. Got 12 years to go. 

22 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

If you love what you are doing, it isn't really working.

One of my long term connections was in sales and still quite active at 75.  I asked him when he was gonna retire, his answer was I can't golf every day, so I gotta do something. 

I have an estimator/sales guy working for me who is 74 years old, he's been the president and VP of some very successful firms, he thought he was ready for retirement and after a year off and he was climbing the walls, he came on board a year ago and is just one hell of a producer, it's the action that keeps some us going.

17 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I can retire in 6 months with max pension @ just under 57 but I think Im gonna work longer.

Like my job for the most part and this retirement thing is coming up way too quick.....financially I'm ready but I think I will go nuts and be depressed if I stopped working.

Funny thing is...10 years ago I couldn't wait til retirement but life seems to be moving way to fast for me now....not ready for what I consider to be the last stage of life.

I will be collecting ss at 62 though....gonna get what I can while its there and Im alive.

I always said I was going to retire when I was 55 and I could have, but then what.............boredom and alcohol, fuck that alcohol and action is where it's at :bc:

Edited by Mileage Psycho

39 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I have an estimator/sales guy working for me who is 74 years old, he's been the president and VP of some very successful firms, he thought he was ready for retirement and after a year off and he was climbing the walls, he came on board a year ago and is just one hell of a producer, it's the action that keeps some us going.

I always said I was going to retire when I was 55 and I could have, but then what.............boredom and alcohol, fuck that alcohol and action is where it's at :bc:

Yup. Except I'm still not 55.:bc:

Edited by ArcticCrusher