Check your account email address ×

My current event...

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Didn't you say you were only there until freeze up?  Any idea what's next?

Not sure about that, it snowed for the first time a few minutes sgo but barely however it is beginning to get cold. No one seems to know for sure.

• Like 1

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

BWAHAHAHAHA!  I kept waiting to take it online, then we had to take it in person, then we had to take the online course before you could take the test!!

FAT, LAZY fukken bastid, I could have just taken it online about ten years ago, instead of all that other bullshit!!!!   

i/VE ALREADY FORGOTTEN EVERYTHING i READ!!! :lol2::lol2::lol2:

I took one test for a friend at a New Years Eve party on the last day of online testing :lol:Most of the shit they teach you is common sense. Even if you forget the markers, most of the time you can read the water / land in the local lakes and figure out where you should and shouldn't be. Then there are the fools that don't have a fucking clue. They are fun to watch :lol:    

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Ah....  no such thing as WiFi when I roamed around.....  aol dialup on 10 cents a minute at super slow speeds.  Where you are was the first village I went to and after 2 years of bouncing around the bush it was the village I was on aol dialup that I found my ticket out and bounced out of the bush for good.  Fuck it’s was miserable as fuck for two years but fun as well

What did you do up here?

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Village powerline and power plant maintenance and construction.

Did you find the vilagers to absolutely fucking retarded stupid? Sweet fuck, I have yet to meet a smart one!

• Gold Member
Just now, Kivalo said:

Did you find the vilagers to absolutely fucking retarded stupid? Sweet fuck, I have yet to meet a smart one!

Yes.  Some nice people and some complete lazy pieces of shit.  The elders are typically ok.  The young kids and young adults are compete fuckwads mostly.  Nome is a fucking hoot.  Good times....  just about got arrested for bootlegging.  Had a friend at the airline that saw the troopers going through my shit on the tarmac...  he kept my special luggage in the hanger until the troopers were done with me....  good times and wild Indians on booze!

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Yes.  Some nice people and some complete lazy pieces of shit.  The elders are typically ok.  The young kids and young adults are compete fuckwads mostly.  Nome is a fucking hoot.  Good times....  just about got arrested for bootlegging.  Had a friend at the airline that saw the troopers going through my shit on the tarmac...  he kept my special luggage in the hanger until the troopers were done with me....  good times and wild Indians on booze!

We are near by Nome and heading there soon I think. Weather is coming in tho so things will change.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

They get running water yet or still shitbuckets and garbage bags full of feces sitting outside the homes???

Beats me, everwhere I have been is just trash, no concern for anything.

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Great pics Brad. Thanks for keeping us posted. 

Its a shame what the villagers have done to the landscape. Hard to believe they would treat their land that way. The vast majority of AK is not like that. 

Yeah thats what Ive heard. I would love to see post card Alaska some day.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, ckf said:

I took one test for a friend at a New Years Eve party on the last day of online testing :lol:Most of the shit they teach you is common sense. Even if you forget the markers, most of the time you can read the water / land in the local lakes and figure out where you should and shouldn't be. Then there are the fools that don't have a fucking clue. They are fun to watch :lol:    

Remembering the markers was tough. So I had to think of something to make it easy. Ya know the whole north south thing. Ive got a bud named walter that also rides bikes. So I went with " wally scooter needs weed" 

translation west or east stay south. north south stay west

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ckf said:

winni even with experience can be a shit show 

I did mine online as well as the wifes.  COuld not sit through another class,  i had done one of the coast guard classes with my dad when i was in HS and was bored as hell.  

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

winni even with experience can be a shit show 

I did mine online as well as the wifes.  COuld not sit through another class,  i had done one of the coast guard classes with my dad when i was in HS and was bored as hell.  

Yeah, I wouldn't think of trying to navigate Winni without a map. Do they even make maps anymore? Damn I'm getting old :lol:

55 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yeah, I wouldn't think of trying to navigate Winni without a map. Do they even make maps anymore? Damn I'm getting old :lol:

I got one.................at least 15 years old, maybe more. I got Squam too. 

13 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I got one.................at least 15 years old, maybe more. I got Squam too. 

I had one of Winni back from when we used to take our summer employees over there after Labor Day for an outing. We would take a couple of boats and rent some Jetskis. Most of the time we hung out in the little cove with the rope swing on Timber Island.

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Well they voted for Palin.

No, Im talking aboot the natives. These folks are stupid from all the inbeeding! As Bohica said, the elders are nice but the younger generation is a bunch of assholes. Everyone of them is flat out stupid tho!

9 hours ago, ckf said:

yup bizer still does,  really good tohave both scope of a gps isn't good when drilled down to where you need to find the rocks