Check your account email address ×

Need advice on long haul

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Shit!   I’d do it!  I think it’s be a cool experience.  Now the whole partnering up thing?  Nope.  Could you imagine being thrown in a vehicle with me for days?  I’d drive a mother fucker to suicide inside of 10 hours.  Less if I really didn’t like them.  “Suicide”.  :lmao:

You obviously dont remember where left off on pms:lol:

9 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Yeah  sleeping in a moving truck is a big concern...and I remember in school ,the instructors sharing their nightmares regarding their team driver.. 

lol  , I remember trying and being somewhat successful falling asleep while my brother climbed up and up the mountains because its slow and steady ,, then  go over the top and everything went quiet ,,, in my sleep I honestly thought he had drove off a cliff ,, jumped up and freaked out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Shit!   I’d do it!  I think it’s be a cool experience.  Now the whole partnering up thing?  Nope.  Could you imagine being thrown in a vehicle with me for days?  I’d drive a mother fucker to suicide inside of 10 hours.  Less if I really didn’t like them.  “Suicide”.  :lmao:

If you talk as much as you type  , one of us would have to go :slapping: lol

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, grggade said:

lol  , I remember trying and being somewhat successful falling asleep while my brother climbed up and up the mountains because its slow and steady ,, then  go over the top and everything went quiet ,,, in my sleep I honestly thought he had drove off a cliff ,, jumped up and freaked out

Jesus christ.. That would make me crazy lol 

2 minutes ago, grggade said:

I,m not saying don,t do it ,  just leave yourself an out and make sure to put family ahead of the job

Yeah, I heard it could kill a family fast. But we have no kids ,at the moment just a cat ...and we could use the money, so we are still talking about it ,I just need to find a reliable handyman to do stuff when I'm not here ,and someone to plow the driveway in the winter . 

12 minutes ago, grggade said:

If you talk as much as you type  , one of us would have to go :slapping: lol

True story.  I used to fly a lot.  I loved making creepy jokes with my “seat partner” before take off.  Nothing better than seeing them crack open a book or something and I’d say, “I hope you aren’t one of those people that don’t like to talk, I get really nervous flying and need to talk to somebody the whole flight.”  The looks on some of their faces couldn’t be duplicated.   :lol: 

It backfired on me once and I never did it again.

”Oh really?!?!?!  ME TOO!!  Thank god!”

She was from San Jose California. I wish that was all I learned about her during the next four hours.  

CCBF2F5D-3862-4599-8F95-5C3324BF88D9.gif

6 minutes ago, HSR said:

So his partner is fucked then :lol:

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

True story.  I used to fly a lot.  I loved making creepy jokes with my “seat partner” before take off.  Nothing better than seeing them crack open a book or something and I’d say, “I hope you aren’t one of those people that don’t like to talk, I get really nervous flying and need to talk to somebody the whole flight.”  The looks on some of their faces couldn’t be duplicated.   :lol: 

She was from San Jose California. I wish that was all I learned about her during the next four hours.  

Doug Heffernan does a shirt lift ... easier imo:lol:

And regarding your response to steve ....:fuckyou:

2 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Exactly my thoughts :bc:

I would ,if he had his class 1 . 

Even if I sign a contract for 1 year ?

contract usually has a buyout amount.  guy that used to work for me did it and his included his complete training and licensing had a 5 or 7k buyout if he left in 14+- months(was actually based on hours driven).  

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

contract usually has a buyout amount.  guy that used to work for me did it and his included his complete training and licensing had a 5 or 7k buyout if he left in 14+- months(was actually based on hours driven).  

Didnt know that . I have the license, just need the training so it may not be too bad if I decide to jam oot.  

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

You're the guy I would always tell: (hey if they get on the horn and say it's going wrong, you may as well feel the love and just put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye) For some reason there would be a nervous chuckle and then an odd silence :lol: 

14 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Decent deal. 

Might suck for a year being away but it gets your foot in the door. 

Yeah. Starts at 60k ,  after 1 year goes to 80k . Plus I can apply anywhere after 1 year.  Long haul wasn't in the cards till next year