Check your account email address ×

The Simpsons strike again

• Gold Member

When the TTI first started compiling traffic data for Boston in 1982, the city was ranked was ranked 18th in delay per peak auto commuter. But Boston had jumped up to eighth in 1990 -- a year before the dig started -- and was ranked eighth in 2007 when the dig was completed.

The TTI's data shows that traffic delays have steadily climbed since 1990, when on average peak auto commuters were delayed 29 hours a year. Delays reached their peak during the dig's construction in 2005 — tallying in at 57 hours a year — but were most recently pegged at 47 hours a year in 2010.

http://www.wbur.org/news/2012/07/12/big-dig-effect

more cars these days more delays no shocker,  IMO big dig made a better traffic pattern but it's still trying to fit too many cars into too few lanes but they were/are space constrained.  It's no different than any other big cities traffic issues.   IMO nothing will ever fix bostons traffic,  city layout is fucked because it is based on revolutionary war era cart paths and buildings.,  Even having worked down there for a year in the financial district and travelling down there all my life it's a bitch to get around the east side of the city.    

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

more cars these days more delays no shocker,  IMO big dig made a better traffic pattern but it's still trying to fit too many cars into too few lanes but they were/are space constrained.  It's no different than any other big cities traffic issues.   IMO nothing will ever fix bostons traffic,  city layout is fucked because it is based on revolutionary war era cart paths and buildings.,  Even having worked down there for a year in the financial district and travelling down there all my life it's a bitch to get around the east side of the city.    

100k more living in the city since the project was completed , Uber drivers stopping in the lanes to let people on , drop people off , more construction projects than ever going on ect ect ect . 

3 hours ago, Kivalo said:

You stupid fuck the city has enlarged. It’s the best city for business in the country.

Now junior tell the class why you are there?

• Gold Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

You stupid fuck the city has enlarged. It’s the best city for business in the country.

Now junior tell the class why you are there?

I work here and presently live here, you idiot.

The improved look of the city has been incredible. Tearing down the 93 overhead structure and burying  the surface traffic is s major improvement.

Kivalo I have spent more time in Boston than you have been alive.......your clueless to what it was like pre dig.

• Gold Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

And why did you accept it?

Because its time as master, looks good on a resume. Stop asking your stupid ass questions and tell me what any of this has to do with the fact that the big dig did nothing to alleviate traffic here in Boston.

6 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Because its time as master, looks good on a resume. Stop asking your stupid ass questions and tell me what any of this has to do with the fact that the big dig did nothing to alleviate traffic here in Boston.

Because it takes the focus off his hypocritical view that cost over runs are TOTES AWESOME!

41 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

He's one dumb motherfucker.

A dumb motherfucker states the big dig didn’t help Boston.

you took the job cause it paid more than anywhere else and you got the best experience for future jobs.

Liberal Boston must make a Trump guy cringe.

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

you took the job cause it paid more than anywhere else and you got the best experience for future jobs.

200w.gif

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Wrong again, they pay is commensurate with other companies captains. I took this over BHC because BHC was forcing all new hires to start on water taxi. Working were I do allowed me to meet the right people so I now have a legit shot at getting a spot on an offshore supply vessel. Something thats tough to do in the northeast. If not Im seriously considering selling my truck and boat and buying a bigger boat and floating south until I find something just like this.

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Wrong again, they pay is commensurate with other companies captains. I took this over BHC because BHC was forcing all new hires to start on water taxi. Working were I do allowed me to meet the right people so I now have a legit shot at getting a spot on an offshore supply vessel. Something thats tough to do in the northeast. If not Im seriously considering selling my truck and boat and buying a bigger boat and floating south until I find something just like this.

Well good luck with your job. Just watch out for those fuckin duck boats.

• Gold Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

Well good luck with your job. Just watch out for those fuckin duck boats.

They aren't allowed in the harbor except by special permission from the coasties, they are relegated to the Charles.