Check your account email address ×

The NEW "United States and Mexico Trade agreement"

• Platinum Contributing Member

Last I heard Mexico was calling it an ‘understanding’.........seems similar to NK and denuclearization :lmao:  

Edited by SnowRider

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Seems to me the Mexican workers have more to gain here. :dunno:

If you can’t pay the folks peanuts what will the advantage be for building cars down there? You don’t think this will affect the decision makers in the auto industry?

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Last I heard Mexico was calling it an ‘understanding’.........seems similar to NK and denuclearization :lmao:  

Dont you just know that at the end of the day, things will be about the same? Just a different name? American companies want their cheap labor land and trump isn’t going to do jack shit about it 

Does anyone besides the 🤡 Posse think leaders take Dump and his cronies seriously since they know his days are numbered....:thumb:❄️ 

6AB10BD0-A6F1-49E2-8B63-C3334F382D9B.jpeg

Edited by SnowRider

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

If you can’t pay the folks peanuts what will the advantage be for building cars down there? You don’t think this will affect the decision makers in the auto industry?

It’s still peanuts and cheaper than here

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Dont you just know that at the end of the day, things will be about the same? Just a different name? American companies want their cheap labor land and trump isn’t going to do jack shit about it 

Probably very accurate, but if it’s even marginally better than the last deal, it’s still a good thing. Credit where credit is due if it is. 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

It’s still peanuts and cheaper than here

I heard they were making like 5 an hour. That means the labor rate just went up X3 plus. You have to ship most of the parts down there, and then ship the cars back. 

Plus Im not buying a car made down there, and I’ve heard the same from others. So that’s a consideration as well.

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Probably very accurate, but if it’s even marginally better than the last deal, it’s still a good thing. Credit where credit is due if it is. 

Lol. Still a good thing? Credit for what? A name change?

• Gold Member

75% north America content....  

high union paid jobs in Mexico...  makes more financial sense to build where you sell.  Tariffs on aluminum and steel still stand so it makes more sense to produce in America.  2.5 percent tariff on Mexico built vehicle in the US that don’t meet new origin rules.....  currently would be every vehicle built in Mexico....  higher tariffs on new plants built in Mexico.

the winning is just getting revealed in this!!!

https://worldview.stratfor.com/article/us-mexico-nafta-negotiators-agree-new-vehicle-tariff-rules

Mexican negotiators agreed that vehicles assembled at existing plants that do not meet new rule-of-origin percentages and wage requirements will be subject to a 2.5 percent tariff. Vehicles produced at yet-to-be-built factories will be subject to higher tariffs that will be determined by the White House upon recommendations by the U.S. Department of Commerce.

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Lol. Still a good thing? Credit for what? A name change?

If rebranded trade deal is even marginally better than old trade deal, is that still a good thing? Yes, yes it is. Is it going to be some come to Jesus deal? Naw. Don’t be stupid, but better is still better. 

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I heard they were making like 5 an hour. That means the labor rate just went up X3 plus. You have to ship most of the parts down there, and then ship the cars back. 

Plus Im not buying a car made down there, and I’ve heard the same from others. So that’s a consideration as well.

It’s more like $10 an hour, including benefits. Here in the US it’s about 5 times rhat

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

If rebranded trade deal is even marginally better than old trade deal, is that still a good thing? Yes, yes it is. Is it going to be some come to Jesus deal? Naw. Don’t be stupid, but better is still better. 

Lol, your expectations are dropping . But at least you can see what’s likely happening

3 month waiting period per US Law before the deal can be ratified so they needed  to get it done as Mexico is swearing in a new President on December 1st.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/27/641607366/u-s-and-mexico-reach-trade-deal-trump-wants-to-drop-nafta-name

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

:lmao: Still justifying your Dump vote.....so the 🤡Posse can believe it’s a complete overhaul.  Look at the stupid fuckers go already :lmao:  And you’re joining them......marginally better....WTF.....talk about settling :lol:  What happened to the ‘art of the deal’ and ‘draining the swamp’ ?

Edited by SnowRider

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

:lmao: Still justifying your Dump vote.....so the 🤡Posse can believe it’s a complete overhaul.  Look at the stupid fuckers go already :lmao:  And you’re joining them......marginally better....WTF.....talk about settling :lol:  What happened to the ‘art of the deal’ and ‘draining the swamp’ ?

I just honestly can’t find myself giving a fuck. Too busy being gnar without the government playing a part or holding me back no matter who is in charge.