Check your account email address ×

Thanks, Chicago!

They are subsidizing the rest of the state.  For every $1 in taxes they send in to the state, they only receive 90 cents back.  Meanwhile, central IL, where I live takes in $1.87 for every dollar we send in and southern IL, they take in $2.81 for every dollar they send in.

https://thesouthern.com/news/local/state-and-regional/simon-institute-research-shows-state-funding-disparities-benefit-downstate/article_140915b9-d52b-561c-814b-2d3787249559.html

Jackson noted that people interviewed by the institute’s statewide polling are opposed to “waste in government,” but not to any of the benefits that they receive. Polling also shows a high level of mistrust in the government in both the nation and state.

“People who are often the angriest (about government spending and waste) are often the ones benefiting from the services or tax dollars spent in their area,” Jackson said.

Hoping that the research helps debunk regional funding “myths,” Jackson also said political candidates and elected officials must stop misleading voters in campaigns.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Had to read this twice (your post) cuz wasn't sure if the title was sarcastic.  Did you mean IL is funding Chicago?  

No, the opposite, Chicago is funding downstate IL despite everyone I know in central IL always bitching up a storm about how we should "get rid of Chicago."

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Had to read this twice (your post) cuz wasn't sure if the title was sarcastic.  Did you mean IL is funding Chicago?  

:owned: again :lmao: 

Fuck dude.....give it up.....in no time you’ve been completely wrong on multiple issues.....your perception is wrong and delusional.  :lmao: 

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:owned: again :lmao: 

Fuck dude.....give it up.....in no time you’ve been completely wrong on multiple issues.....your perception is wrong and delusional.  :lmao: 

Jesus.  Do you think it wise to try and follow me around?  How does it usually work out for you?  Reporting a post then crying to a mod?   :lol:

Well yeah cuz some 9,000,000+ people live in Chicagland and like 42,000 live in central illinois... 

@XC.Morrison I didnt know you lived in central Illinois. I gots some peeps down there and southern IL. So glad my parents moved to the city when I was a baby tho. Its a little too slow for me down there. :bc: 

28 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Well yeah cuz some 9,000,000+ people live in Chicagland and like 42,000 live in central illinois... 

@XC.Morrison I didnt know you lived in central Illinois. I gots some peeps down there and southern IL. So glad my parents moved to the city when I was a baby tho. Its a little too slow for me down there. :bc: 

Yeah, it's not my first choice of locale, but it works for now.  I've sort of done the whole Midwest tour at this point, having lived in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan(UP only).  Someday, I'd like to move back to Madison. 

4 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Yeah, it's not my first choice of locale, but it works for now.  I've sort of done the whole Midwest tour at this point, having lived in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan(UP only).  Someday, I'd like to move back to Madison. 

Shipping the boy off to Madison for college in a few weeks. He really likes it up there. He thinks libs are idiots so this should be interesting. :news: 

Its a really fun town, and it's easy to head north from there for better snowmobiling.  The lakes there would be a lot better if they could get rid of that green algae stuff.  I was born there but moved away when I was little, then I moved there again after college for about 6 years from 2004 to 2010.  I don't think the libs will bother him too much.  Mostly I just remember seeing lots of yard signs during the height if the Iraq war saying End this War Now!  Also one time, I think around 2006, they set up luminaries all along Monona drive for each soldier that had died at that point in the war and it went on for miles. 

53 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Shipping the boy off to Madison for college in a few weeks. He really likes it up there. He thinks libs are idiots so this should be interesting. :news: 

Mines going to have a similar struggle at the university of new hampshire.  hopefully he keeps his mount shut,  IDGAF about him offending other kids he's done that for years but he can;t be getting into a pissing war with the indoctrinators "teaching"  

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Im sure everybody isnt a lib. Fuck trying to think back when I was in high school and i can honestly say I never thought once about any other kids political affiliation. All I thought about was trying to get into girls panties and I didnt care if she was a liberal or a republican. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Im sure everybody isnt a lib. Fuck trying to think back when I was in high school and i can honestly say I never thought once about any other kids political affiliation. All I thought about was trying to get into girls panties and I didnt care if she was a liberal or a republican. :lol: 

different world these days.  the stories i hear from my buddy who works up there amazes me especially when he sits on disciplinary hearings.  Can't even fuck drunk chicks these days without fear of being booted 

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Madison really isn’t that bad. Those people stay pretty well in their little bubbles of residence. He will have a blast here. 

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

different world these days.  the stories i hear from my buddy who works up there amazes me especially when he sits on disciplinary hearings.  Can't even fuck drunk chicks these days without fear of being booted 

Aint worth going to college if you cant bang drunk chicks.