Check your account email address ×

Official 2016 College Football Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member

The season has started and continues tonight with Michigan State at home against Furman at 7:00. Bucky Badger kicks off tomorrow at 3:30 against LSU at Lambeau Field which is just awesome! Sparty On! :bc:

The Gophers cleaned up and managed to not get the whole team ejected to win the first of the season last night.  We are well on our way to having a solid 5-7 season.  We'll limp into the post season and play in the "Snack Pack Butterscotch Pudding Cup Bowl" losing 48-3.  :lol:

Hockey season is starting to ramp up though.  :thumb:

Bucky Badger doing their best to give away the game to LSU.

Also Urban Meyer should feel real good about rolling up 77 on Bowling Green....what's the point of these games.

19 minutes ago, Doos said:

Smails. How worried are you about Sparty facing Michigan's defense?

Did you watch them last night? Would you be worried?:hiding:

The O Line is solid again as is the running game with Scott, Holmes and London returning. WR is a concern IMO although I have confidence in O'Connor at QB.

Edited by Biggie Smails

Bama starting to roll now.  Their D is stupid awesome.  Brutal ballers!  Saban is a defensive genius.  Fun ball to watch.  I saw a ton of Bama games when I lived in the south.  SEC football is retarded fun!  It's all those hicks have!  LOL!!

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Did you watch them last night? Would you be worried?:hiding:

The O Line is solid again as is the running game with Scott, Holmes and London returning. WR is a concern IMO although I have confidence in O'Connor at QB.

It's early but after watching both teams, I feel really good. That said Dantonio is really good and the team will get better.

Predicting 37-10 Michigan at this point.

33 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Bama starting to roll now.  Their D is stupid awesome.  Brutal ballers!  Saban is a defensive genius.  Fun ball to watch.  I saw a ton of Bama games when I lived in the south.  SEC football is retarded fun!  It's all those hicks have!  LOL!!

I'd be willing to bet that some of the high school teams from the south could hold their own against the Lions or Bears :lol:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I'd be willing to bet that some of the high school teams from the south could hold their own against the Lions or Bears :lol:

Ha!  SEC for sure.  Lions got hosed with shitty calls all last year.  Who are the "Bears"?  Is that soccer?

:lol:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Ha!  SEC for sure.  Lions got hosed with shitty calls all last year.  Who are the "Bears"?  Is that soccer?

:lol:

That would explain why they suck. They are playing European Football :lol:

3 hours ago, Doos said:

Smails. How worried are you about Sparty facing Michigan's defense?

MSU fans have become the Michigan fans of the Llyod Carr era. They think they will be good no matter who they lose off the roster. Unlike Bama who has a top three class every year MSU can't just plug in all Americans. MSU lost a lot on both sides of the ball including the best QB to maybe ever play there. 

Michigan an has more talent and returns a ton of great players. It's clear the offense is ahead of where they were last year. 

Michigan an beats Sparty by double digits this year and rubs it in to make the rivalry grow. 

7 hours ago, jtssrx said:

MSU fans have become the Michigan fans of the Llyod Carr era. They think they will be good no matter who they lose off the roster. Unlike Bama who has a top three class every year MSU can't just plug in all Americans. MSU lost a lot on both sides of the ball including the best QB to maybe ever play there. 

Michigan an has more talent and returns a ton of great players. It's clear the offense is ahead of where they were last year. 

Michigan an beats Sparty by double digits this year and rubs it in to make the rivalry grow. 

Oh stfu.....if you read my post you would see that I'm pretty honest about where they are at right now and guess what nobody is Bama but Bama not even your precious Wolverines.

8 hours ago, Doos said:

It's early but after watching both teams, I feel really good. That said Dantonio is really good and the team will get better.

Predicting 37-10 Michigan at this point.

I don't know about 37-10 but I do think it will be a struggle for Sparty and you are right about Dantonio as he has to be livid about all the penalties in the opener. Hopefully this Donnie Corley kid at WR is everything they think he is but being a true freshmen he will make mistakes. The team that surprised me yesterday was Wisconsin.....granted LSU obviously still has QB issues but that was a big win on a national stage. :bc:

One more.....Houston is the real deal after beating The Sooners. Impressive offense.

Edited by Biggie Smails

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Oh stfu.....if you read my post you would see that I'm pretty honest about where they are at right now and guess what nobody is Bama but Bama not even your precious Wolverines.

Did I quote you? That was my response to his question to you. It was directed at you. Why are you telling me to stfu??? You have issues 

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

Did I quote you? That was my response to his question to you. It was directed at you. Why are you telling me to stfu??? You have issues 

You quote a post from Keith that has my name in it and proceed to blather about Spartan Fans.....since I am the only Spartan fan posting.....

6 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

You quote a post from Keith that has my name in it and proceed to blather about Spartan Fans.....since I am the only Spartan fan posting.....

I was answering his question from my perspective. You are as grumpy as Dantonio. 

14 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

I don't know about 37-10 but I do think it will be a struggle for Sparty and you are right about Dantonio as he has to be livid about all the penalties in the opener. Hopefully this Donnie Corley kid at WR is everything they think he is but being a true freshmen he will make mistakes. The team that surprised me yesterday was Wisconsin.....granted LSU obviously still has QB issues but that was a big win on a national stage. :bc:

One more.....Houston is the real deal after beating The Sooners. Impressive offense.

That could have been the crown talking Jim. That said I think Michigan's defense is really good if they can stay healthy, they didn't show much yesterday. Brown the new D coordinator s pretty aggressive with various blitz schemes, there's a lot of talent there to work with there. 

I really wanted Corley at Michigan, was bummed when you guys grabbed him, he will be very good. UM got 3 good WR's in the last class as well , they'll all play a lot early.

Amazing that LSU can't find a decent QB, they have as much talent as Bama but can never put a decent offense together.