Check your account email address ×

One map shows why Trump's trade war with China could be a disaster for average Americans

One map shows why Trump's trade war with China could be a disaster for average Americans

Source: Business Insider

There's no clear resolution on the horizon for President Donald Trump's trade war with China, and many states could soon start feeling the pain. 

The Trump administration on Tuesday announced a 25% tariff on $16 billion worth of Chinese exports to the US, adding to the $34 billion worth of Chinese goods already subject to tariffs. Trump has also begun to move forward with tariffs on another $200 billion worth of Chinese goods, and he has effectively threatened that every item from the country could eventually be subject to tariffs. 

Tariffs act as a tax on goods coming into the country, meaning goods coming into the US from China would be hit with an additional 25% duty. That makes those goods more expensive, which, in theory, would drive US companies to buy non-Chinese products. 

Given that Chinese goods represented just over 21% of all imports coming into the US in 2017, an escalation of the trade war could push up prices for many goods. While the disruptions are likely to be widespread, some states may face more problems than others. 

According to data from the US Census Bureau, China is a key source of imports for many states: 

For 23 states, China is the top source of imports. 
For 45 states, China is in the top three. 

5b6b3f9cb354cd32108b4f12-1136-757.jpg

Read more: https://amp.businessinsider.com/trump-china-tariff-trade-war-states-with-most-imports-from-china-2018-8 

DON'T BLAME THE CHINESE!!!

It's the GREED-FUCK  Americans that outsourced, TO MAKE MORE PROFIT!!

BLAME THE FUCKING AMERICAN GUYS THAT  WANT MORE MONEY, THE GREEDY FUCK BASTARDS!!

• Platinum Contributing Member

Blame the American consumer who demanded cheap products. When a company produces here and they see their competition being rewarded for outsourcing thru increased sales what the fuck do you expect them to do.

• Like 2

Oh no.   Of the over $500 billion in Chinese goods coming into the US Trump wants to put tariffs on 10% of it.   What will we do.....what will we do.  :lol:  

So much for your previous pro made in America posts eh MC.   You would be the biggest cheerleader of this if it came from the Dems or Hillary.   

Edited by Highmark

On 4/11/2017 at 7:32 AM, Mainecat said:

I buy 400-600K of American made paper from IP of Finch every month. I could buy from Canada (Domtar) and especially Asia but prefer to buy American. The 99 dollar EGO trimmer was all that was offered 3 years ago....so hey shoot me Im a worthless fuck

I get accused here of supporting unions all the time as if its bad. Ask Sleeper and a few others.

Pay attention

:lol:  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Omg :owned:

He use to post buy American made all the time.  :lol:  Oh for the old archives.   He once was staunchly against illegal immigration too.  :lol:   

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Zambroski said:

Sweet fuck...MC took another right in his pole cleaner.  JESUS!!!

I got a memory like a computer that Hillary can't bleach bit when it comes to old threads.  :lol:  

On 7/25/2016 at 2:10 PM, Mainecat said:

So that makes Trump OK? That quantifies it for you Trump supporter?

I am wearing New Balance (USA), my loafers were made in Maine, the rest overseas.

Make more here.

27 minutes ago, Highmark said:

He use to post buy American made all the time.  :lol:  Oh for the old archives.   He once was staunchly against illegal immigration too.  :lol:   

fuck he was the biggest cheerleader for tariffs bar none. 

On 6/6/2016 at 2:47 PM, Mainecat said:

The only solution is to tariff goods imported from countries not like the US. Thats the only solution unless you want to make 50 cents an hour with no benefits.

And the icing on the cake.   I'm out of here bitches.   Got to go plant some fall food plots.   

giphy (5).gif

Edited by Highmark

33 minutes ago, Highmark said:

American made if I can source it. Never supported illegal immigration. I always support asylum from any country.

save thi post and next time don’t tell a lie.

Back on topic....

Trump screwed every one of you guys here. Your gonna pay more and not save American jobs.

When you elect a horrible businessman you get what you voted for.

Toss in the 1.2 trillion he gave away to corps too. Your all fucked down the road.

Just attack the poster yup it’s my fault....lmao

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Back on topic....

Trump screwed every one of you guys here. Your gonna pay more and not save American jobs.

When you elect a horrible businessman you get what you voted for.

Toss in the 1.2 trillion he gave away to corps too. Your all fucked down the road.

Just attack the poster yup it’s my fault....lmao

so you aren't for tariffs anymore? Why not? 

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

so you aren't for tariffs anymore? Why not? 

I am for specific tarrifs on goods we are getting killed on. NOT every ounce of steel and alumimum that effects every imported item.

I have stated this many times here.

Just now, Mainecat said:

I am for specific tarrifs on goods we are getting killed on. NOT every ounce of steel and alumimum that effects every imported item.

I have stated this many times here.

stop lying. You supported tariffs in order to bring manufacturing back to the US. Why change your tune now?