Check your account email address ×

2019 BRP Oxygen Helmet

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

At my lasts eye exam I inquired a bit about the surgery thinking that it was just for near or far sighted and not both. They told me it's for both now and what they do is put a small lens under the cornea for close up

Interesting.....

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Just tried it on and couldn't get my glasses on so I guess I just saved myself $600. I even have the slim flexible "titanium" frames...still no go. Maybe I'll put that money towards Lasik instead

did you try to put glasses on after or try with them already on.  thought i read they had channels in the helmet for the eyeglass arms

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Angry ginger said:

did you try to put glasses on after or try with them already on.  thought i read they had channels in the helmet for the eyeglass arms

I tried after I had the helmet on. I already broke these frames once in the past year and it felt like I might again had I tried harder to get them on with the helmet on. There are channels so to speak but my glasses wanted to sit just above that area. Just didn't seem to work out. My dealer is going to call me when they get another shipment in and I'll try one size larger bucket and see if it works

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I knew a guy that had it done about 20 years ago and he would see halos at night when his pupils dilated all the way. Something to do with the way they made the incision I believe. 

Can you have the surgery done again? 

RK is different than Lasik, when I first had the surgery i would see starbursts at night when looking at lights but when the scars healed up i never had that happen again. 

Lasik will give you the halos because they cut the lens off. 

And no i cant have the surgery again, i asked. Hoping technology catches up and I can steal the eyes from some poor chinese kid! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I tried after I had the helmet on. I already broke these frames once in the past year and it felt like I might again had I tried harder to get them on with the helmet on. There are channels so to speak but my glasses wanted to sit just above that area. Just didn't seem to work out. My dealer is going to call me when they get another shipment in and I'll try one size larger bucket and see if it works

thankfully i don't need to wear mine riding although at night and in low light they would be nice. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 11:31 AM, DriftBusta said:

My BV2s is getting long in the tooth, gonna check one of these out.

I'm on my third BVS2 and it took a big blow last year so it was time for new helmet, the Oxygen arrived last week and I will tell you it's much lighter than the BVS2 and the optics and field of vision is much better than the BVS2 and that's saying something.

On 9/4/2018 at 9:51 AM, Nazipigdog said:

Just like skidoo to overcharge their customers for a plastic bucket. I bet I know some guys that will buy them and put arctic cat stickers on em tho! Im gonna stick with my ckx for a couple more seasons. 

Thanks for reminding me :bc: :lol:

On 9/4/2018 at 10:12 AM, Sal Rosenberg said:

Already being hailed as the greatest helmet ever all over the internet . Too bad nobody has even worn one yet . Typical .  :bc:

BuRP did some pretty extensive consumer testing with the Oxygen :bc:

Edited by Mileage Psycho