Check your account email address ×

EU hammers Apple on taxes

• Platinum Contributing Member

Anyone find it strange that ONE person who is not a judge nor voted into office is capable of making this decision?  Fuck the EU.  Govt to control govt. :nuts:

The decision by Margrethe Vestager, the European Union commissioner for competition, is the culmination of a two-year investigation into whether Ireland gave preferential treatment to Apple, part of a broader crackdown on corporate tax avoidance.

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

Doesn't the IRS do chit like that all the time Highmark?

True but they are part of OUR central govt not some person from Mexico or Canada making the decision.  This chick is Danish.  

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

True but they are part of OUR central govt not some person from Mexico or Canada making the decision.  This chick is Danish.  

now i wonder if she's hot dammit!

I just checked the link..not bad for my first rub out this morning..she will do..fawk apple.

Edited by Capt.Storm

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

now i wonder if she's hot dammit!

If the dyke look is your thing go for it.  :lmao:

download (19).jpg

Edited by Highmark

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Anyone find it strange that ONE person who is not a judge nor voted into office is capable of making this decision?  Fuck the EU.  Govt to control govt. :nuts:

The decision by Margrethe Vestager, the European Union commissioner for competition, is the culmination of a two-year investigation into whether Ireland gave preferential treatment to Apple, part of a broader crackdown on corporate tax avoidance.

So that is your hang up not that Apple makes billions and skirts paying taxes. 

4 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

It appears Ireland gave them the breaks but they were not approved by the EU.  How is that Apple's fault?

From the original article.

The decision, part of a broader crackdown on tax avoidance by the European Union commissioner for competition, slammed Ireland for providing illegal incentives that allowed Apple to cut its tax bill in the region to virtually nothing some years

Edited by Highmark

24 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

i concur with what you're thinking.

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It appears Ireland gave them the breaks but they were not approved by the EU.  How is that Apple's fault?

From the original article.

The decision, part of a broader crackdown on tax avoidance by the European Union commissioner for competition, slammed Ireland for providing illegal incentives that allowed Apple to cut its tax bill in the region to virtually nothing some years

Look they do most of their manufacturing not in the U.S. to skirt both high labor and taxes,to think otherwise is foolish....it's the bottom line.

5 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

Maybe lower taxes attracts business?

No way!

Got to love this title. :lmao: 

European Union commissioner for competition

the competition chief

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

i concur with what you're thinking.

Look they do most of their manufacturing not in the U.S. to skirt both high labor and taxes,to think otherwise is foolish....it's the bottom line.

And?   Corp taxes are just paid by the stockholders and or consumers anyway.   You think a company should pay taxes on income in both point of sale and where its headquartered?  Corp taxes are a joke.   Corp pays taxes to the govt then the owners are taxed again when paid a dividend. (C-Corps)  That's double taxation to start!

If a company has $1 million in net income and pays 30% taxes in Ireland than what should it pay in the US?  This is about govt's fighting over money.   Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

And?   Corp taxes are just paid by the stockholders and or consumers anyway.   You think a company should pay taxes on income in both point of sale and where its headquartered?

If a company has $1 million in net income and pays 30% taxes in Ireland than what should it pay in the US?  This is about govt's fighting over money.   Nothing more, nothing less.

well that they(Ireland) want to raise the taxes on apple that says something ..but you know why apple has all their chit overseas..i don't have to explain it.

Hell every company should do it then we can just go bankrupt.

Edited by Capt.Storm

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Exactly. Sounds like extortion.

2 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

well that they(Ireland) want to raise the taxes on apple that says something ..but you know why apple has all their chit overseas..i don't have to explain it.

Hell every company should do it then we can just go bankrupt.

Ireland didn't the EU did.   Big difference. 

Mfg overseas is technically a seperate topic.  This is about income taxes and which greedy country gets them.    

Just now, Highmark said:

Ireland didn't the EU did.   Big difference. 

Mfg overseas is technically a seperate topic.  This is about income taxes and which greedy country gets them.    

my bad..i meant the eu.

Well I guess if we live in a global economy it is what it is.

14 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

my bad..i meant the eu.

Well I guess if we live in a global economy it is what it is.

So that's what companies should accept?   It is what it is to be double or triple taxed?   And we wonder why they try and find low labor alternatives. :nuts:

8 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

apple could have done it all here ..so fuck them.

Not everything sold around the world can be made in America.  Its simply retarded to think it can.  

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

bs..for the most part it can..i know apple says otherwise but bs.

You think that everything American companies make outside the US can be made here?   Dude you are delusional.   We don't have 1/100th the labor force needed.   I'm not talking just about goods sold here but around the world.  Just because unemployment is x% doesn't mean there are qualified and willing workers to do the jobs even at $15.00 hr or much more. Sadly 10% of our country or more will do as little work as possible to get by.   Its human nature.