Check your account email address ×

CEOs are dumping stock in their companies. Here's what that means

it's been awhile since the implementation of this big tax cut, designed to increase wages, create more jobs, etc. so where is it? everyone I've talked to is making the same coin, received the same wage increase as previous years. where is the trickle, or did you bozos get taken for a major ride once again? I had one clown here at work come running up to me stating he thinks the company is going to give us big raises, at the time the tax cut was announced. I think i'll ask him to show me where they are....

• Platinum Contributing Member

Much of this is scheduled and announced long ago to avoid insider trading suspicion and can be part of stock compensation agreements.  I'm sure you already knew this though.  

What is 'Rule 10b5-1'

Rule 10b5-1 is established by the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) to allow insiders of publicly traded corporations to set up a trading plan for selling stocks they own. Rule 10b5-1 allows major holders to sell a predetermined number of shares at a predetermined time. Many corporate executives use 10b5-1 plans to avoid accusations of insider trading.

Read more: Rule 10b5-1 https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/rule-10b5-1.asp#ixzz5LXO9mjGx 

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Much of this is scheduled and announced long ago to avoid insider trading suspicion and can be part of stock compensation agreements.  

CEO and Officer stock options are finite in time.  They MUST exersize them at the maturity date.  There is no choice.

Of course, I'm really not telling YOU this.  I'm telling the retards here.  But, their ears overlap so...

:lol:

@Sal Rosenberg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

it's been awhile since the implementation of this big tax cut, designed to increase wages, create more jobs, etc. so where is it? everyone I've talked to is making the same coin, received the same wage increase as previous years. where is the trickle, or did you bozos get taken for a major ride once again? I had one clown here at work come running up to me stating he thinks the company is going to give us big raises, at the time the tax cut was announced. I think i'll ask him to show me where they are....

There’s only one local employer that had a marked increase in pay. That was due to a new union contract. Despite the pressure on employers finding new workers, it has put minimal pressure on increasing wages. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

There’s only one local employer that had a marked increase in pay. That was due to a new union contract. Despite the pressure on employers finding new workers, it has put minimal pressure on increasing wages. 

and the unemployment numbers on the same trajectory as they were before trump. in other words, corporations got much richer than they already were, and trump duped all the simpletons into believing him.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You need to look further inside the numbers.  Also quit focusing on wages and look more at compensation.   Yeah I know a company paying more for your healthcare can't buy you a new IPhone but it still has the same cost to them.  

Over the last 24 months through March, inflation has come in at 1.4 percent a year, and productivity growth at 0.6 percent. Those are very low numbers. And in our supersimple model, you may expect average worker wages to have risen only 2 percent.

In fact, the average hourly earnings for nonmanagerial private sector workers rose 2.4 percent a year in that period. You may not feel like cheering about that, but it’s more than we might have expected, with inflation and productivity so weak. The real mystery, then, isn’t why wages are rising so slowly, but why they’re rising so fast.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/upshot/the-question-isnt-why-wage-growth-is-so-low-its-why-its-so-high.html

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/eci.nr0.htm

Compensation costs for private industry workers increased 2.8 percent over the year, a larger increase than
the 2.3-percent increase in March 2017. Wages and salaries increased 2.9 percent for the current 12-month 
period and increased 2.6 percent in March 2017. The cost of benefits rose 2.5 percent for the 12-month 
period ending in March 2018 and increased 1.9 percent in March 2017. (See tables A, 5, 
9, and 12.)

Employer costs for health benefits increased 1.5 percent for the 12-month period ending in March 2018.
(For further information, see www.bls.gov/web/eci/echealth.pdf.)

Among occupational groups, compensation cost increases for private industry workers for the 12-month period 
ending in March 2018 ranged from 2.6 percent for both management, professional, and related occupations and 
natural resources, construction, and maintenance occupations to 3.3 percent for production, transportation, 
and material moving occupations. (See table 5.)

Among industry supersectors, compensation cost increases for private industry workers for the 12-month period 
ending in March 2018 ranged from 2.3 percent for education and health services to 3.3 percent for financial 
activities. (See table 5.)
Edited by Highmark

35 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Hey dipshit, go back and read this again.  FFS you are real POS.  How many times are you trump haters going to recycle the same bullshit narratives hoping that someone believes you?

Edited by racer254

8 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Why the trillion dollar budget deficit this year.....:news:

Growth is gonna fix it. Don’t worry. National deficit, corporate debt being the highest ever, record credit card debt. It’ll all fix itself. Just wait. And please....shove your money into the stock market. 

40 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Growth is gonna fix it. Don’t worry. National deficit, corporate debt being the highest ever, record credit card debt. It’ll all fix itself. Just wait. And please....shove your money into the stock market. 

And less regulation....