Check your account email address ×

Two weeks vacation is winding down.

12 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Don't buy a Kubota or a Deere.....there are plenty of other pieces of shit out there that you can at least get a carb kit for

no carb on my Kubota BX and will NEVER buy another non ag Deere product again, hard to beat the BX series Kubotas they are over-achievers for damn sure

• Like 1

the cat in your picture. the ferry from portland to yarmouth ns. is coming back to bar harbor. portland said they were in the way. they are going to need to a lot of work to the dock in bar harbor. the word is its coming

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

It had the factory hoe and deck. Didn’t know that you were looking. I could’ve towed it over to my daughter’s place in maple grove. I can’t say enough good things about it. Over the 10 years that I owned it the only problem was an under seat safety switch that broke. The UVT hydrofluid is expensive, but only needs changing every 300 hours. I sold off all my accounts last year and didn’t need it any longer. They really are a lifetime mower if maintained well. 

I plan on depreciating over 3 then selling . I will get a lot more use out of it than the skidsteer I just sold 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I am looking in to one that has a 3cyl oil burner with backhoe  loader and a deck 

the massy Ferguson is a bit less money and look to hold value about the same 

5 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

no carb on my Kubota BX and will NEVER buy another non ag Deere product again, hard to beat the BX series Kubotas they are over-achievers for damn sure

I'm not saying they are pieces of shit or anything, well Deere garden tractors are,..but anyway,..it's more about parts for me..

Say the coil shits the bed on a Friday evening on a JD zero turn with a Kawi motor, you can't go to any Kawi dealer or distributor with the model and spec on that motor. He has no way to look it up, that spec will not come up on Kawi's site or Partsmart..So you have to go to JD dealer and also pay twice as much..

Aren't the Kubota diesel's Yanmar motors?? I don't deal with diesel small engines much, but I think that are..

8 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I'm not saying they are pieces of shit or anything, well Deere garden tractors are,..but anyway,..it's more about parts for me..

Say the coil shits the bed on a Friday evening on a JD zero turn with a Kawi motor, you can't go to any Kawi dealer or distributor with the model and spec on that motor. He has no way to look it up, that spec will not come up on Kawi's site or Partsmart..So you have to go to JD dealer and also pay twice as much..

Aren't the Kubota diesel's Yanmar motors?? I don't deal with diesel small engines much, but I think that are..

Kubota makes their own diesel. Last fall I rented a 185 air compressor ( I do every yr ) it was an IR and had a Kubota motor in it.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

My jd tractor is a 3 cylinder yanmar.

Maybe it was JD I was thinking of, like I said, I don't get into diesel small engines much,..but that Yanmar is a solid motor, I think they outsource to a few other mfg's too..I think Hustler went from a Cat diesel (shook the mower apart) to dropping in a 3cyl Yanmar.

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Great pictures Jeff.  Looks like you guys had a blast.  What is that thing in the picture right above the lobster?  

That is a jellyfish. We walked most of the length of Old Orchard beach the evening of the 4'th and those things were everywhere. (100's)  I don't ever remember seeing one on the beach there and I went there a ton as a kid as my grandparents had a place right on the beach there. Maybe I just didn't notice them back then?

1 minute ago, JEFF said:

That is a jellyfish. We walked most of the length of Old Orchard beach the evening of the 4'th and those things were everywhere. (100's)  I don't ever remember seeing one on the beach there and I went there a ton as a kid as my grandparents had a place right on the beach there. Maybe I just didn't notice them back then?

I never saw them there before and that was my weekend stomping grounds in my early 20's.

33 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Kubota makes their own diesel. Last fall I rented a 185 air compressor ( I do every yr ) it was an IR and had a Kubota motor in it.

Blowing out irrigation lines I assume.:thumbsup: