Check your account email address ×

This is a reason women detest Trump

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

To boondock with a Res Fridge you will need at least 4 batteries and at least 300watts of solar and lots of sun shine.  

A little 2000 watt generator is cheaper and more practical if boondocking isn't an everyday thing.  

I've always been a Honda EU2000 fan but man there are some nice alternatives these days.  

I have a 2000 and a 7000...both inverters...7000s a cunt to lift in back of truck....people bitch in bc at these boondocking places we go to....stupid greenies....theres even a no idling law in bc.

If i was buying a small generator right now it would probably be a Ryobi.  2300watts.  Super quiet.  Eco mode. Wireless Bluetooth controls.  It will run for 10hrs on a gallon of fuel.  A nice ap for you phone to monitor fuel level, run time, wattage, amperage, etc.  You can even turn it off remotely with your phone.  

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/2300-starting-watt-bluetooth-inverter-generator

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

If i was buying a small generator right now it would probably be a Ryobi.  2300watts.  Super quiet.  Eco mode. Wireless Bluetooth controls.  It will run for 10hrs on a gallon of fuel.  A nice ap for you phone to monitor fuel level, run time, wattage, amperage, etc.  You can even turn it off remotely with your phone.  

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/2300-starting-watt-bluetooth-inverter-generator

That is sweet. I have the garage door opener from ryobi...can open and close from phone.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I have a 2000 and a 7000...both inverters...7000s a cunt to lift in back of truck....people bitch in bc at these boondocking places we go to....stupid greenies....theres even a no idling law in bc.

You don't need 7000 watts unless you plan to run a bunch of AC and hair dryers and convection oven and all sorts of other shit at the same time...........

Running a little generator for an hour or so in the AM and an hour or so in the PM isn't illegal is it.  53db.  It's about as loud as two Canadians having a normal conversation.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

That is sweet. I have the garage door opener from ryobi...can open and close from phone.

This 2300 weights 50lbs.  Costs about $750.  I see them all over when boondocking in the southwest.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

You don't need 7000 watts unless you plan to run a bunch of AC and hair dryers and convection oven and all sorts of other shit at the same time...........

Running a little generator for an hour or so in the AM and an hour or so in the PM isn't illegal is it.  53db.  It's about as loud as two Canadians having a normal conversation.  

You wouldnt think so. :lol:

We got the speech last yr....they dont even allow atving there anymore...

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

You wouldnt think so. :lol:

We got the speech last yr....they dont even allow atving there anymore...

How long will your batteries last if they are charged fully and just running the fridge and minimal lights, etc?  

Just now, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

$599 at my Home Depot, even better. More than enough juice to run 2 laptops and 1 a/c :bc: 

Wow, thats a great price.  

That 2300w generator would only run a very small AC unit.  A typical roof mounted AC unit is 13500BTU's and requires over 2500watts at start-up but only about 1250watts to run.  So even if everything else in the coach was turned off or load shed the Roof Mounted AC would overwhelm it upon start-up.  

That said, the 2300 Ryobi could run just about everything else in the coach at almost the same time.  Assuming the Converter and Battery Charger are running full time: Coffee Pot + Refrig = Yes. Microwave + Refridge = Yes.  Refridge + TV's + Lap Tops = Yes.   Coffee pot + Refridge + Microwave = No.  

That is a nice little generator but there is only so much load 1800 Watts can power.  

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

That 2300w generator would only run a very small AC unit.  A typical roof mounted AC unit is 13500BTU's and requires over 2500watts at start-up but only about 1250watts to run.  So even if everything else in the coach was turned off or load shed the Roof Mounted AC would overwhelm it upon start-up.  

That said, the 2300 Ryobi could run just about everything else in the coach at almost the same time.  Assuming the Converter and Battery Charger are running full time: Coffee Pot + Refrig = Yes. Microwave + Refridge = Yes.  Refridge + TV's + Lap Tops = Yes.   Coffee pot + Refridge + Microwave = No.  

That is a nice little generator but there is only so much load 1800 Watts can power.  

If ryobi would make 3,000 Watts with same features and phone app as this one  it would be perfect  in every ways. 

1 minute ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Well they do sorta of have what I wanted but it’s dual gennny. Just read about it. 

https://www.ryobitools.com/outdoor/products/details/2300-watt-bluetooth-inverter-generator-parallel-combo-kit

It's a cool feature.  My brother has the companion Honda.  He has borrowed mine a few times when his RV needs extra power.

For most RVing it's really not necessary to have the companion.  The whole idea behind boondocking is to be off the grid and not using all that much electricity.  When you're not boondocking you can plug in to a 30A or 50A service.  Once you get above 2000watts you start burning some fuel to keep everything powered up.  The generators on most Motorhomes use the same fuel that run the engine.  On most campers and 5th wheels (except toy haulers) the generator runs off Propane.  

For Dave I think he could benefit from something like one of those Ryobi 2300's.  With about 2-3hrs of run time in the evening he could top off the batteries, power the fridge, watch TV and run his converter and all the lights.  For 8-9 hrs during the night the Fridge would run off the Inverter. In the morning he could fire up the genny for 2-3hrs, get his day started and top off his batteries.  Then start the whole cycle over that evening.  

10 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

So if I'm reading this correctly, women hate Trump because home Depot sells a cool little remote control genny that powers RVs 'off the grid'? :lol: Bring it on Donald!

Nailed it.  :bc: 

28 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Exactly the opposite of you.  :bc:  

I wouldn’t work for a piece of shit like him. And by the looks of it I’m in good company. Trump’s people are either fired, quit, or are indicted. :lol: 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I wouldn’t work for a piece of shit like him. And by the looks of it I’m in good company. Trump’s people are either fired, quit, or are indicted. :lol: 

You completely missed the point.  

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Thats a sweet little unit.  Problem with most generators is they're too loud.  These little whisper quiet deals are the best, and can handle most camping applications.  Wished i had one when I was racing.  i have a 5500 watt Yamaha/Coleman deal I bought that works pretty good but its full size and not quiet.

48 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

So if I'm reading this correctly, women hate Trump because home Depot sells a cool little remote control genny that powers RVs 'off the grid'? :lol: Bring it on Donald!

nailed it  :lol: 

5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

How long will your batteries last if they are charged fully and just running the fridge and minimal lights, etc?  

I believe they were dead after the forth night...but we had run the genny some on the way out to bc. Will no more exactly in august.