Check your account email address ×

The Nail Company Speaks

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Don’t forget the taffifs countries they sell to add.

many here have no clue.

So other countries tariff our goods and we should let them dump their shit free of charge? Lets make it clear.....that is your position right?

Fucking moron 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So other countries tariff our goods and we should let them dump their shit free of charge? Lets make it clear.....that is your position right?

Fucking moron 

They did it in response to Trumps taffifs you blind idiot

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

They did it in response to Trumps taffifs you blind idiot

No , they didnt you fucking retard. A pile of countries have had and continue to have tariffs on all sorts of our goods. Get your head out of your fucking ass you piece of shit. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

They admit they could stay very profitable and grow even with China dumping nails into the market but this, this is going to take them down.  :lol:  

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They admit they could stay very profitable and grow even with China dumping nails into the market but this, this is going to take them down.  :lol:  

And as XLT posted the tax cuts going into effect this year would more than offset the rise in material cost due to them having to buy steel made in the US vs steel made in mexico

This whole story is nothing more than bullshit propaganda meant to gut hook retards who cant think for themselves 

Just now, spin_dry said:

It’s impossible for some to even contemplate that a business could be struggling under the conditions laid out by this administration. It’s weird. 

no .....its impossible to be dumb enough to think given the metrics laid out by this company for this story that even the slightest shred of truth is being told 

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

They are looking for an exemption on the 25% tariff on imported steel, they currently purchase there steel from Mexico.

The guy with zero business experience speaks, has no idea what a 25% increase in materials means to the bottom line :bc:

I wonder how they (the Trump apologists here) think they understand how paying 25% more for raw materials and then selling finished goods to all the world(who Trump pissed off) at an extra import tarrif into those pissed off countries is a good economic move? How does this make America great again. It just sends more jobs offshore. Many American manufacturers run on small profit margins already this is killer to jobs and the economy. Inflation will be out of sight. 

Can you imagine if the Democrats increased taxes 25% on every American manufacturer who uses steel from offshore?

Edited by Mainecat

Just now, Mainecat said:

I wonder how they (the Trump apologists here) think they understand how paying 25% more for raw materials and then selling finished goods to all the world(who Trump pissed off) at an extra import tarrif into those pissed off countries. How does this make America great again. It just sends more jobs offshore. Many American manufacturers run on small profit margins already this is killer to jobs and the economy. Inflation will be out of sight. 

Can you imagine if the Democrats increased taxes 25% on every American manufacturer who uses steel from offshore?

Hey dumbfuck......they dont have to pay 25% more........they can buy american. You fucking retarded piece of dogshit

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

no .....its impossible to be dumb enough to think given the metrics laid out by this company for this story that even the slightest shred of truth is being told 

Whatever. 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hey dumbfuck......they dont have to pay 25% more........they can buy american. You fucking retarded piece of dogshit

Your really are not this dumb are you? You think American mills won’t increase their prices 25%?

isnt the whole idea of tarrifs pro even the playing field? unless the fed is going to spread out the import taffifs to all the US mills we are all fucked.

Edited by Mainecat

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Whatever. 

no not whatever......how about an "I'm sorry , after examining what is being told about this company.....you're right....it doesnt add up"

That is the proper response 

Just now, Mainecat said:

Your really are not this dumb are you? You think American mill is won’t increase their prices 25%?

isnt the whole idea of tarrifs pro even the playing field? unless the fed is going to spread out the import taffifs to all the US mills we are all fucked.

American mills dont collude you retarded fuck.....we compete with each other. Now fucking die in a fire you antiamerican piece of fucking scum. 

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

American mills dont collude you retarded fuck.....we compete with each other. Now fucking die in a fire you antiamerican piece of fucking scum. 

You are clueless aren’t you?

Good luck on your expertness on trade. I see you paying huge taxes down the road and huge inflation costs.

I am off to my retirement day.

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

no not whatever......how about an "I'm sorry , after examining what is being told about this company.....you're right....it doesnt add up"

That is the proper response 

The business owner is no doubt either a democrat operative or collaborating with the fake news. :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

And as XLT posted the tax cuts going into effect this year would more than offset the rise in material cost due to them having to buy steel made in the US vs steel made in mexico

This whole story is nothing more than bullshit propaganda meant to gut hook retards who cant think for themselves 

I'm not sure that is a great counter argument for all examples.   If my increased costs take my profits down significantly or even to zero its doubtful tax cuts will make up for them. 

20 hours ago, JEFF said:

Why?

Ouch... 

Listen to the whole video at the link, and don't be afraid to listen to it several times if needed as the answer to your question is there.

20 hours ago, f7ben said:

Fucking moron 

The problem with this whole trade war is that our president chose to take on the whole world at one time, instead of just focusing on one or two trading partners at a time.

You're going to believe whatever your going to believe and no one is changing that, and I'm going to believe that we bit off too much at one time and there are going to be some unintended consequences for our economy, only time will tell. 

20 hours ago, f7ben said:

Mexican steel costs 25% more because the tariff is supposed to make equal to the cost of US steel, the state run Chinese company knows this and undercuts the price of the Missouri based nail company.

We have a multi-front trade war :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Listen to the whole video at the link, and don't be afraid to listen to it several times if needed as the answer to your question is there.

The problem with this whole trade war is that our president chose to take on the whole world at one time, instead of just focusing on one or two trading partners at a time.

You're going to believe whatever your going to believe and no one is changing that, and I'm going to believe that we bit off too much at one time and there are going to be some unintended consequences for our economy, only time will tell. 

I guess I dont disagree with that at all. I'm not even sure it was Trumps intention to take on the whole world all at once. I think the only way he could have pushed back against China on steel though was to put tariffs on all steel entering the country. You can see how this is forcing other countries to do the same because China is over producing and its going to flood everyones market if we arent the ones taking all the cheap slave made dirty shit.

Also Canada , Mexico and the EU could have had exemptions but they chose to resist making fair deals with us. That is on them. Trump was not asking for anything unfair. 

South Korea made a good deal and they are not subject to any tariffs