Check your account email address ×

The Results Are In....

• Platinum Contributing Member

:bc: Kansas failed trickled on utopia is a failed experiment. :lol: Since this was a popular thread in the original site - thought we should fire it back up.  Never know when Brownstain might turn the KS economy around :lmao:  Who needs to fund schools? :lol:

Kansas Supreme Court strikes down school funding system

May 27 (Reuters) - The Kansas Supreme Court on Friday again struck down the state's proposed school funding system and provided lawmakers a deadline of June 30 to fix disparities between rich and poor districts or else prompt a shutdown of the state's schools.

The state's high court rejected the system in February, saying it was inequitable and came up millions of dollars short in funding for schools in poor districts.

The Republican-controlled state legislature passed a new bill in April to fix issues identified by the court. The court said on Friday that the bill corrects part of the problem in the original legislation but failed to adequately address all the inequities.

The 47-page opinion said if the funding system were not sufficiently overhauled before June 30, there would be no constitutional finance system in place for the state's schools to operate under.

"The inability of Kansas schools to operate would not be because this court would have ordered them closed," the 47-page opinion said. "Rather, it would be because this court would have performed its sworn duty to the people of Kansas under their constitution to review the legislature's enactments and to ensure the legislature's compliance with its own duty."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kansas-supreme-court-strikes-down-002427315.html

Edited by SnowRider

And Snowbevis continues to ignore this fact.

What do the top ten cities with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected
a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn’t elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)… since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)… since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

St. Louis, MO (6th)…. since 1949;

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

Milwaukee, WI (8th)… since 1908;

Philadelphia, PA (9th)… since 1952;

Newark, NJ (10th)… since 1907.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, oleroule said:

snowrider lives and works in wisconsin but has a hard-on for kansas...weird.

Ahhh....so the rules are that we can only comment about issues that involve the state we live in....good to know.  :boot:

14 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Ahhh....so the rules are that we can only comment about issues that involve the state we live in....good to know.  :boot:

apparently the op i new to you.

he's had this thread going since last year.

Just now, oleroule said:

apparently the op i new to you.

he's had this thread going since last year.

No I'm very familiar with his repetitive garbage.

For the newbies - this was a popular thread that illustrates the fallacy that trickled on economics does not work. Kansas and Gov Brownstain are providing an economic utopia for those who believe trickled on economics works...it does not.  I like to remind the class about the fallacy they support :bc:

Now their schools are in trouble because the trickle is not providing the proper tax revenue to support basic services....including schools:

Q: What did legislators do in March?

A: They increased capital outlay aid by $23.5 million for the 2016-17 school year.To pay for that, they applied the same formula for distributing capital outlay aid to the other, larger pot of aid. The change made the second pot cheaper by nearly $83 million a year.

But they also guaranteed that no district would lose any dollars.

The state saw no net increase in its overall spending.

Attorneys for the four school districts suing the state said lawmakers simply reshuffled existing funds.

Q: Why would lawmakers do that?

A: They also had to balance the state budget and faced a projected gap of more than $290 million. The state has struggled to stay in the black since Republican legislators slashed personal income taxes at GOP Gov. Sam Brownback's urging in 2012 and 2013 in an effort to stimulate the economy.

He hasn't backed off his signature cuts, and enough lawmakers haven't bucked him, so it always was unlikely they would find tens of millions of new dollars for schools.

Legislators also faced strong political pressure not to cut aid to wealthier districts to boost funding to poorer ones.

http://www.arkcity.net/news/schools-to-close-soon/article_5bc02042-26be-11e6-ab1c-abb993461a25.html?mode=jqm

Edited by SnowRider

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

For the newbies - this was a popular thread that illustrates the fallacy that trickled on economics works.  Kansas and Gov Brownstain are providing an economic utopia for those who believe trickled on economics works...it does not.  I like to remind the class about the fallacy they support :bc:

Now theor schools are in trouble because the trickle is not providing the proper tax revenue to support basic services....including schools:

Q: What did legislators do in March?

A: They increased capital outlay aid by $23.5 million for the 2016-17 school year.To pay for that, they applied the same formula for distributing capital outlay aid to the other, larger pot of aid. The change made the second pot cheaper by nearly $83 million a year.

But they also guaranteed that no district would lose any dollars.

The state saw no net increase in its overall spending.

Attorneys for the four school districts suing the state said lawmakers simply reshuffled existing funds.

Q: Why would lawmakers do that?

A: They also had to balance the state budget and faced a projected gap of more than $290 million. The state has struggled to stay in the black since Republican legislators slashed personal income taxes at GOP Gov. Sam Brownback's urging in 2012 and 2013 in an effort to stimulate the economy.

He hasn't backed off his signature cuts, and enough lawmakers haven't bucked him, so it always was unlikely they would find tens of millions of new dollars for schools.

Legislators also faced strong political pressure not to cut aid to wealthier districts to boost funding to poorer ones.

Go cut and paste that shit on one of your liberal crap sites.  Got any thoughts of your own that you didn't plaigarize?  Or go to Kansas for your most excellent crusade.  Maybe you should be starting one in Wisconsin?  You know....where you live.  What a fucking clown you are.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Go cut and paste that shit on one of your liberal crap sites.  Got any thoughts of your own that you didn't plaigarize?  Or go to Kansas for your most excellent crusade.  Maybe you should be starting one in Wisconsin?  You know....where you live.  What a fucking clown you are.

Didn't take you long to figure out Snowrider's shtick. :lol::snack:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Feel free to dispute the content and results with some facts of your own :lol:

Or did you sign Govers pledge and fell beholden to it? :lmao: 

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Feel free to dispute the content and results with some facts of your own :lol:

Or did you sign Govers pledge and fell beholden to it? :lmao: 

You mean cut and paste some shit on the internet that contradicts your cut and paste?  Nope.  I'll pass.  You keep it up though.  It's neat-o.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You mean cut and paste some shit on the internet that contradicts your cut and paste?  Nope.  I'll pass.  You keep it up though.  It's neat-o.

I post facts you dumbfuck :lol:. Their Supreme Court ruled - not me - and they have until June 30 to fund their schools - which they shortchanged because their state revenue is much lower than expected. :lmao:. Now - if you have some info to contradict the clear cut facts - post em' or STFU. :bc:.  And I mean that in a good Christian way :lol: 

58 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I post facts you dumbfuck :lol:. Their Supreme Court ruled - not me - and they have until June 30 to fund their schools - which they shortchanged because their state revenue is much lower than expected. :lmao:. Now - if you have some info to contradict the clear cut facts - post em' or STFU. :bc:.  And I mean that in a good Christian way :lol: 

Facts that nobody here gives a shit about in a state which nobody here lives.  Well done.  Oh, and "dumbfuck" should be two words.  Now, go wipe the cum bubbles out of your mouth and kiss your boyfriend goodbye.  Off to work, or some random protest, you go!

Edited by Zambroski

59 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lol: Where are your facts Taintrider, you post propaganda and bullshit is what you post 

36 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Facts that nobody here gives a shit about in a state which nobody here lives.  Well done.  Oh, and "dumbfuck" should be two words.  Now, go wipe the cum bubbles out of your mouth and kiss your boyfriend goodbye.  Off to work, or some random protest, you go!

You're a special kind of stupid. :vioin:. Kansas is an excellent example of an economic utopia you support.  You avoid the discusion because the facts do not support your opinion.  You better sign up for the butt plugger site because it won't be long and you'll be another in a long line of fools who got :owned: by SnowRider :bc:.  So far I've been chill' and take'n it easy on here but that can change if I feel like it :thumbsdown:.  You're child's play :lol: 

6 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You're a special kind of stupid. :vioin:. Kansas is an excellent example of an economic utopia you support.  You avoid the discusion because the facts do not support your opinion.  You better sign up for the butt plugger site because it won't be long and you'll be another in a long line of fools who got :owned: by SnowRider :bc:.  So far I've been chill' and take'n it easy on here but that can change if I feel like it :thumbsdown:.  You're child's play :lol: 

Give me a break.  And do better.  And you have no idea what I support.  Typical Liberal "I know everything" crap.  Nothing more than a clown we all laugh at...on any site.  And trust me...we are all laughing.

43 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Give me a break.  And do better.  And you have no idea what I support.  Typical Liberal "I know everything" crap.  Nothing more than a clown we all laugh at...on any site.  And trust me...we are all laughing.

:lol: :koo-koo:  Then you should post a response instead of your usual worthless drivel :lmao: