Check your account email address ×

STARBUCKS

1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

Where Conservatives now hate the NFL and love Kanye West

:lol:

Who hates the NFL?

check with your cronies. The media is having a melt down  AGAIN

before the left loved the NFL. Now is awful hahahahahaha.

fuckin twats

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I’m sure if it was a white college student on a laptop who didn’t buy anything we wouldn’t be having this conversation...

True , but some restaurants shut off their wifi at lunch so people not buying ( non customers if I may ) will not sit there and take up a table a paying customer could be using.

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

Well I guess if they are white cops its ok.   Or white pregnant women.   Seems to me there is evidence it simply was a corporate or store policy.  

Did Starbucks originally come out and say this wan't a policy?   I mean I think its a bit strange that the stores have code entries into their restrooms in the first place.

http://abc7.com/business/pregnant-woman-denied-bathroom-access-at-arizona-starbucks/339068/

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/09/starbucks_apologizes_to_police_officer_refused_bat.html

Look I hate Starbucks, but their policy is most certainly not to only allow paying customers to be in there. They offer free WiFi and seating in couches on campuses because they know most will come in and order. 

6 hours ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

:owned:

See above dopo. 

13 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Look I hate Starbucks, but their policy is most certainly not to only allow paying customers to be in there. They offer free WiFi and seating in couches on campuses because they know most will come in and order. 

See above dopo. 

You made the comment it was strictly because they were black.   I just linked a couple situations that show differently.  Maybe in that particular situation it was racial but its tough to call it that if it was corp policy.  

This obviously has been an issue.   Why put coded entries into your restrooms.

Its not a very good business model having all your seating taken up by non paying customers.   As I stated before either way is their choice. :bc:

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

You made the comment it was strictly because they were black.   I just linked a couple situations that show differently.  Maybe in that particular situation it was racial but its tough to call it that if it was corp policy.  

This obviously has been an issue.   Why put coded entries into your restrooms.

Its not a very good business model having all your seating taken up by non paying customers.   As I stated before either way is their choice. :bc:

It is their choice. Optically though it’s bad. Impossible to prove that they don’t profile, but I can almost guarantee that a white person making no noise sitting on a computer at a table without a drink or snack from Starbucks would not be harassed. 

32 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It is their choice. Optically though it’s bad. Impossible to prove that they don’t profile, but I can almost guarantee that a white person making no noise sitting on a computer at a table without a drink or snack from Starbucks would not be harassed. 

I agree with the optics.   My understanding is they weren't asked to leave until they asked for the restroom code and still hadn't ordered anything.

Personally I think any company is crazy for simply not allowing someone to use the restroom.  I do understand not allowing someone to come in and take up customer space and use the internet without ordering.   Common sense didn't prevail here when they said they were waiting for someone for a meeting.  I also don't think its much to ask if you are going to spend much time in a business like this to order something simple.   I sit for hours at times in airport bars and always at a minimum keep ordering pop.  

Edited by Highmark