Check your account email address ×

SpaceX Launch up in 10 minutes.

I would take a pass on a free trip to the moon or Mars-  zero interest being in space.  That said, I'll sell NASA or others a kickass control room that will monitor what the hell is going on up there. :bc:

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

You're a fucking ignorant sheep that sucks up whatever the Government tells you. Call me stupid all you want but you can't dispute the fact that all photos from space are CGI just like every pic of the earth is CGI

You are a significant mental case just a mind numbing moron of the highest order :guzzle: 

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

That doesn't prove spherical shape though, only rotation, right?

Neal

The experiments postulated and conducted at various points on the earth and their confirmed outcomes would certainly prove spherical shape though right?

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

That doesn't prove spherical shape though, only rotation, right?

Neal

From what I remember, it proves both. When you locate a pendulum on different latitudes and the difference between the way they move from one latitude to another proves the Earth is round.

Just now, motonoggin said:

From what I remember, it proves both. When you locate a pendulum on different latitudes and the difference between the way they move from one latitude to another proves the Earth is round.

Exactly.....pendulums have been swung all over the world with predicted results being confirmed every time. Good post. I had not really ever been taught about this or maybe I had forgotten. Pretty damn cool. Man there are a lot of smart people that have come and gone before us.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Whew, I gotta admit JT, I've never seen somebody so triggered over NASA and space exploration before.  

NASA is fucking amazing. Their whole entire existence was worth it if they had never accomplished anything more than the Hubble .......thankfully though that is not the case and their list of innovation is miles long. 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Exactly.....pendulums have been swung all over the world with predicted results being confirmed every time. Good post. I had not really ever been taught about this or maybe I had forgotten. Pretty damn cool. Man there are a lot of smart people that have come and gone before us.

Yeah, my physics are a little rusty, but I remember this from first-year physics class. 

It really is amazing what scientists and physicists figured out without the benefit of all this modern technology we have at our disposal today.

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yeah, my physics are a little rusty, but I remember this from first-year physics class. 

It really is amazing what scientists and physicists figured out without the benefit of all this modern technology we have at our disposal today.

People spent their entire lives dedicated to solving one problem sometimes ......now we spend our entire lives as slaves producing wealth for those who own the money 

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

People spent their entire lives dedicated to solving one problem sometimes ......now we spend our entire lives as slaves producing wealth for those who own the money 

I think this whole flat Earth thing is a psyop by the wealthy to determine how dumb the workers have actually become.

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I think this whole flat Earth thing is a psyop by the wealthy to determine how dumb the workers have actually become.

Idiocracy .....and electorate so dumb we cant be trusted not to water our crops with gatorade 

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Other experiments you mean?

Indeed.

Neal

No.....I mean the pendulums they swung at various locations and the varying outcomes based on their geographic location. Such as a pendulum at the equator not showing any rotation

19 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Could be, I am not sure.  I would imagine that momentum related to the spinning of the "disk" earth's center would be the same as moving north or south in latitude?

Neal

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Could be, I am not sure.  I would imagine that momentum related to the spinning of the "disk" earth's center would be the same as moving north or south in latitude?

Neal

No

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

The pendulum behaves the same at North 45 latitude as it does at South 45 latitude, the only difference is the direction of rotation.

If it were a disc Earth the reaction of the pendulum would not be identical at identical latitudes North and South it would change the further north or south you got, with the southernmost point being one extreme and the northernmost point being the other

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

The pendulum behaves the same at North 45 latitude as it does at South 45 latitude, the only difference is the direction of rotation.

If it were a disc Earth the reaction of the pendulum would not be identical at identical latitudes North and South it would change the further north or south you got, with the southernmost point being one extreme and the northernmost point being the other

Ok, I can buy that, it does make sense.  :bc:

Neal