Check your account email address ×

Yep... but who gives a rat's ass?

The Quinnipiac University poll, released on Tuesday, found that a majority of voters, 58 percent, believe the affair actually did happen, compared to 14 percent who believe it did not happen...

But a whopping 73 percent of voters said they do not believe the affair is an "important issue." That includes a majority of Democrats (51 percent), independents (79 percent) and Republicans (90 percent).

Quinnipiac also asked about the $130,000 payment that Trump attorney Michael Cohen made to Daniels in 2016, which Daniels alleges was in exchange for her silence. A majority of voters, 59 percent, said they believe Trump knew about the payment, compared to 24 percent who said they believe Trump was not aware.

But once again, the poll found that voters tended not to care whether or not the president knew about the payment. Fifty-nine percent of voters said whether or not Trump knew about the payment is not an important issue.

"Yes he did it. No we don't care. A big yawn from voters on Stormy Daniels, President Trump, and the payoff," summarized Quinnipiac University poll assistant director Tim Malloy.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/poll-majority-voters-dont-care-stormy-daniels-story/

• Haha 1

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

I think people don't care about the affair, they care about the lying about the affair.  The old, it ain't the crime, it's the cover up deal.

Neal

CNN cares...

So do all the other news networks.  It's a good viewer magnet story.

Neal

It has zero to do with the state of the USA.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I think people don't care about the affair, they care about the lying about the affair.  The old, it ain't the crime, it's the cover up deal.

Neal

Why , I didn't care when Clinton lied about inhaling or when he lied about getting some strange. I ( and anyone with a brain ) knew he was lieing and didn't give a rats ass about it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Why , I didn't care when Clinton lied about inhaling or when he lied about getting some strange. I ( and anyone with a brain ) knew he was lieing and didn't give a rats ass about it.

Because it shows the character of the leader.  It's another chink in the chain of the habitual characteristic of the President.  It follows that if one is a chronic liar on menial things, lying on larger things (public policy) is likely.

Neal

Because it shows the character of the leader.  It's another chink in the chain of the habitual characteristic of the President.  It follows that if one is a chronic liar on menial things, lying on larger things (public policy) is likely.

Neal

Was that true with Clinton too, or just Trump?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It sure tells us a lot about the character of the President however.  So it that respect it kinda does.

Neal

What happened 10+yrs ago allegedly shows character?

Of course, why do you think people hate Hillary so?  She lied, none of which had any kind of direct impact on you or I.  It just made her an unsavory person.

Neal

So are you saying Hillary was responsible for Hillary losing the election?

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

If it shows a consistent and continual pattern that is ongoing, yes.

Neal

The only ones showing a consistant pattern are the tds people.

46 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

The 40%...

Trump became president despite majority personal disapproval. His victory depended on a coalition between his devoted fans and more traditional Republican voters who, despite misgivings, supported him because they concluded that the alternative was worse personally and politically. Evaluations of his character are now "priced in" to the electoral market. That is why NBC News/Survey Monkey found this week that Republicans who say Trump is dishonest support him anyway. And it is why Trump's overall approval in this poll is 45 percent, "tied with the highest rate of approval recorded by the NBC News/ Survey Monkey poll since he began his presidency."

The incessant spotlight on the lawyers, on their clients and subjects and targets, not only occupies the attention of Democrats and the anti-Trump Resistance to the exclusion of other topics. It also relieves them of any responsibility to come up with a substantive message. The voters, by contrast, read the headlines with a cursory or prurient interest as they go about their lives in the real world of work, family, community, and faith. One voter told me the other day that legal terminology makes her eyes glaze over; she'd much rather browse Instagram. But such terminology is all anyone speaks in Washington nowadays—even if most pundits are not lawyers, probably couldn't get into law school, and make up for their lack of expertise and inside knowledge with hyperbole and speculation.

http://freebeacon.com/columns/media-killing-democratic-party/