Check your account email address ×

Mmmm, Venison

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

I’m sure that they were impressed by his superior intellect. :lol:  

I’m on this disgusting keto diet. I can’t wait until I can get back to seafood and veggies. Meat is disgusting. 

Edited by spin_dry

3 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Anybody that taunts animal rights activists, is a fucking retard. 

If he's lucky the only thing that will happen is a broken front window. Not so lucky, the place will be burned. 

Animal rightists burned a 14 million dollar ski-resort, and also burned 50 new SUVS in another fire. 

I hide my fucking blaze orange vest/hat when I leave the house, until I get INTO THE WOODS. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

If he's lucky the only thing that will happen is a broken front window. Not so lucky, the place will be burned. 

Animal rightists burned a 14 million dollar ski-resort, and also burned 50 new SUVS in another fire. 

I hide 

I'm sure you do

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I'm sure you do

You STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew a hunting guide that said he was coming back from up country many years ago, with a bear and two deer in the back of his truck in the open, and he was getting the finger and beeped at a shit load of times.

About 20 years ago I was on 93 NB heading up to Errol,  and a girl passed me on the left looking as if she wanted to kill me. I couldn't figure out what I did wrong, then I realized it was the MOSSY OAK BREAK-UP shirt I was wearing!!! 

You STFU Steve, or I swear I'll find you at the WAL-MART Supercenter. :fullofit:

13 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Oh I'm sure you will be at wallmart. That's where all the broke ass diaper wearing misfits shop.But if you were there I would never see you . You would just fucking blend in that place.

OK, then go to Tractor Supply. 

10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I’m sure that they were impressed by his superior intellect. :lol:  

I’m on this disgusting keto diet. I can’t wait until I can get back to seafood and veggies. Meat is disgusting. 

Seafood isn't meat?

Here are 16 healthy foods to eat on a ketogenic diet.
Edited by XCR1250

16 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

what is a ketogenic diet.  and why ?

It’s a way of eating that switches the body to fuel itself with fat instead of glycogen. Restrictive of carbs. Seafood works, but seafood doesn’t have the fat content necessary for muscle growth  and energy in my experience.  

10 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I hide my fucking blaze orange vest/hat when I leave the house, until I get INTO THE WOODS. 

:lol:  So you take off your skirt and put on your vest.  

56 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:
Here are 16 healthy foods to eat on a ketogenic diet.

That's basically the Scarsdale diet. 

1. I highly doubt that venison in a restaurant came from anything other than a deer farm.   No different than cattle. 

2. I would assume in Canada its illegal to sell venison harvested thru normal hunting activities like it is in the US.

I love how the dude keeps saying "that murdered deer."  :lol:  

7 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Wasn't that ATkins diet based on that concept?

Similar. The Atkins was more protein based and it was a phased diet plan. Keto is more fat based and requires no phasing in. Keto was originally used on children in the the 1930’s that suffered from medication resistant seizures. A side benefit of the diet is it effected the gaba receptor circuit in the brain and stops seizures. I’ve been on it for 10 days and lost 6 pounds of fat and lost zero muscle despite 5 heavy workouts per week. It works amazingly well. 

Edited by spin_dry

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Btw, venison is the worst tasting shit available for a meat. I can’t even stand the smell of it. 

Its not for everyone.   Some cuts have a liver flavor to them.   Back straps fresh off the deer lightly seasoned and seared on the grill are amazing.

Deer burger mixed with beef tallow makes great dishes like taco's, chili, and lasagna.  Venison jerky is also good.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Its not for everyone.   Some cuts have a liver flavor to them.   Back straps fresh off the deer lightly seasoned and seared on the grill are amazing.

Deer burger mixed with beef tallow makes great dishes like taco's, chili, and lasagna.  Venison jerky is also good.  

While I never keep it for myself, the wild boar we shoot is very good in comparison to venison. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

While I never keep it for myself, the wild boar we shoot is very good in comparison to venison. 

Always wanted to try that.   Heard it was good.

Most all wild game has an acquired taste.   Most people don't like Canadian Geese but I got a couple recipes that make it very good.   Doesn't hurt that one of them is bacon wrapped.  :lol: