Check your account email address ×

Mmmm, Venison

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Always wanted to try that.   Heard it was good.

Most all wild game has an acquired taste.   Most people don't like Canadian Geese but I got a couple recipes that make it very good.   Doesn't hurt that one of them is bacon wrapped.  :lol:  

It’s darker than pork. Sort’ve tastes like beef and pork mixed together. It’s much leaner and has a tendency to dry out if cooked wrong. I like hunting boars. It’s all I do now for hunting. It’s the weirdest thing. Sometimes you can pick off a boar and the others will just look at it. Other times the mother fuckers go ape shit and will charge. I took a shot at one three years ago in Tennessee. The bastard was 90 yards away from me and took a bead and charged. Very unpredictable.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s darker than pork. Sort’ve tastes like beef and pork mixed together. It’s much leaner and has a tendency to dry out if cooked wrong. I like hunting boars. It’s all I do now for hunting. It’s the weirdest thing. Sometimes you can pick off a boar and the others will just look at it. Other times the mother fuckers go ape shit and will charge. I took a shot at one three years ago in Tennessee. The bastard was 90 yards away from me and took a bead and charged. Very unpredictable.  

Sounds like fun.   I like the vid's with the night vision shoots.   That looks like a blast.  Good thermal equipment gets damn pricey.  

38 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Sounds like fun.   I like the vid's with the night vision shoots.   That looks like a blast.  Good thermal equipment gets damn pricey.  

I use equipment from ATN, works great

36 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That guy fired more than 5rds, nobody needs more than a musket to hunt!!! :thumbsup:

Although I don't agree with his style, how many did he just wound that got away and died in the woods from not a kill shot?

28 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

That guy fired more than 5rds, nobody needs more than a musket to hunt!!! :thumbsup:

Although I don't agree with his style, how many did he just wound that got away and died in the woods from not a kill shot?

Yeah I agree except for hogs.  They are a nuisance in places. 

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Nice , how do ya like that caliber? Good for yotes?

I love it. When my Browning BAR 7mm Mag got too heavy for me to carry for Deer hunting I tried this 22/250, 1 shot 1 kill was a fact with it, now I rarely hunt anymore, Arthritis from Lymes has hurt.

If you have a chance check out ATN Binox, those things are really kewl, the I.R. version works very kewl, have ability to take pics, movies, microphone, and WIFI, towards evening but before dark, they will make a cloudy Sunset look like bright daylight Sunshine. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I was considering nice noculars and an ok scope or vise versa...

You really should look at the Binox, only drawback is they take CR123 Camera batteries (3 of them) they are +/- $11 for 2 at Walmart, BUT I bought 20 rechargeables and the charger on Amazon for under $20, only charges 4 at a time though.

8 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

You really should look at the Binox, only drawback is they take CR123 Camera batteries (3 of them) they are +/- $11 for 2 at Walmart, BUT I bought 20 rechargeables and the charger on Amazon for under $20, only charges 4 at a time though.

Just looked at them. Definitely reasonable price for what it looks like you get. :salute:

9 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Just looked at them. Definitely reasonable price for what it looks like you get. :salute:

If you could try them first, try them in near darkness, you'll be surprised, night vision is very good too, allows either Black& White or Green & White. One of the neatest things I've purchased recently. Usually +/-20-$30 cheaper on Amazon.

Edited by XCR1250

48 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Nice , how do ya like that caliber? Good for yotes?

I have a Remington 700 heavy barrel in 22-250. All I use it for is long range target shooting. It's a great round for that :thumb:

10 hours ago, Highmark said:

:lol:  So you take off your skirt and put on your vest.  

I'll take off my 5 D-Cell Maglite, and put it on your nose, if I evah find you, you smarmy bitch. 

9 hours ago, racer254 said:

Why would anyone hide when THEY are the one with the firearm?

You STFU, Irrigation Steve!!! I hide the blaze orange because I don't want anybody to see that I'm a hunter. Animal rights people HATE hunters. 

I swear to God, when my arm gets better, I'm gonna' patrol Amherst Street lookin' for you in your little Irrigation Truck, you wise-guy weasel.  :fullofit:

20 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I'll take off my 5 D-Cell Maglite, and put it on your nose, if I evah find you, you smarmy bitch. 

You STFU, Irrigation Steve!!! I hide the blaze orange because I don't want anybody to see that I'm a hunter. Animal rights people HATE hunters. 

I swear to God, when my arm gets better, I'm gonna' patrol Amherst Street lookin' for you in your little Irrigation Truck, you wise-guy weasel.  :fullofit:

Bet u like that maglight in your snatch you fucking pussy. :lmao:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Bet u like that maglight in your snatch you fucking pussy. :lmao:

Hey, weren't you the faggot that disagreed about the FINAL DRIVE RATIO being affected by lug height? 

I think it was you, you smarmy faggot.    

Fukker, I'll beat you like a rented mule, you faggot!!

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Hey, weren't you the faggot that disagreed about the FINAL DRIVE RATIO being affected by lug height? 

I think it was you, you smarmy faggot.    

Fukker, I'll beat you like a rented mule, you faggot!!

I'll give you this your memory is as sharp as a tac.  :lmao:

Please keep me out of your bestiality fantisies.   

Pay Ben the $5000 you owe him as well.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I'll give you this your memory is as sharp as a tac.  :lmao:

Please keep me out of your bestiality fantisies.   

Pay Ben the $5000 you owe him as well.  

STFU, and learn how to spell... TACK. 

I'll drive to the midwest and kick both yer' asses for WELCHING!!!