Check your account email address ×

Feel good news for a change

Gary Sinise talks new initiative for children of fallen vets: 'The cost of freedom is very high'

The actor exclusively announced on Fox & Friends Monday morning that the Gary Sinise Foundation will be taking thousands of children and their guardians to Disney World.

"One of the things we're going to be doing with the kids is to bring them to Disney World," Sinise told Fox & Friends.

The longtime supporter of U.S. veterans admitted the trip is going to be "very expensive" but there's no price that can be placed on "honor[ing] these kids."

"[We want] to show them our love and to remind them that we care and to express our gratitude and appreciation for their sacrifice," Sinise said.

"They each lost a parent -- a mother, a father -- in the war and we can't forget these folks," he continued, "The cost of freedom is very high [and] it's evidenced in military cemeteries all over the world and these are the kids that stay behind."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/03/26/gary-sinise-talks-new-initiative-for-children-fallen-vets-cost-freedom-is-very-high.html

:saluting:

• Like 2

Sinise should use his platform to speak about how the corrupt US government abuses its military and its evil exploits around the world rob countless children both US and foreign of their mothers and fathers.......maybe then I would have a little respect for him.

Just now, f7ben said:

Sinise should use his platform to speak about how the corrupt US government abuses its military and its evil exploits around the world rob countless children both US and foreign of their mothers and fathers.......maybe then I would have a little respect for him.

Uh huh. And stay off Fox and Cons. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

:ass: at least he's doing something positive for them. Christ guy... :pan:

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

No....he's not. Giving them handjobs after their fathers get their legs blown off isnt shit. Its fucking garbage. He should use his pulpit to attack the evil US government and speak out against any military action that is not in the defense of this country. Now go fuck yourself you bootlicking pussy 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No....he's not. Giving them handjobs after their fathers get their legs blown off isnt shit. Its fucking garbage. He should use his pulpit to attack the evil US government and speak out against any military action that is not in the defense of this country. Now go fuck yourself you bootlicking pussy 

Better hit the beer store Ben!!!!! :lol:

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I don't agree with lots of government policies. I'd say roughly half of my family and friends are military though, so yeah I support them! Doesn't make me a bootlicker...

I support them too......I want them to be used in the defense of the country.......not as the play thing of the global elites 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

They all choose to serve for one reason or another.  Whether we agree with the conflicts they are sent to does not diminish their service and sacrifice in my book.  

Thanks for posting about this charity.   Good one to support.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I support them too......I want them to be used in the defense of the country.......not as the play thing of the global elites 

I agree. I think you're smart enough to know that isn't going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They all choose to serve for one reason or another.  Whether we agree with the conflicts they are sent to does not diminish their service and sacrifice in my book.  

Thanks for posting about this charity.   Good one to support.

Big thumbs up :thumbsup: thanks :saluting:

31 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Only a Republican would think. “We lied and sent your daddy to war and dads dead but you get to go to Disneyland “ is a decent trade. 

43 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Maybe shaming the people he is trying  to honor hasn't crossed his mind yet

• Thanks 1

I suppose Gary feels he’s doing something good. And so he is. The issue is that many of these wars have nothing to do with the “cost of freedom”. It’s just bullshit. Bullshit of the absolute worst kind. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Only a Republican would think. “We lied and sent your daddy to war and dads dead but you get to go to Disneyland “ is a decent trade. 

Jesus man how do you come up with that shit?  Decent trade?

How about we just want to help and thank you for your families sacrifice.   That statement was out of line.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I suppose Gary feels he’s doing something good. And so he is. The issue is that many of these wars have nothing to do with the “cost of freedom”. It’s just bullshit. Bullshit of the absolute worst kind. 

Agreed! Again, it wasn't a politically fueled article. Just something nice, a celebrity foundation is doing to show support for the military! I was hopeful y'all could think past the obvious government fuckeries and just say "cool, good for him, nice gesture". Fuck me running!...

• Thanks 1