Check your account email address ×

Happy anniversary

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/22/2018 at 12:03 PM, f7ben said:

Think further in the future when oil starts to rise in price and there is less of it in the ground......maybe 40 years from now

Not necessarily that long. The objective is to get control over all of the large oil reserves, then they can control commodity prices. Doesn't need to be a shortage, they sold us that line of crap 18 years ago. "Peak oil" now there's TOO MUCH oil. When they have control over all of it they can say whatever they want and we will be fucked either way. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Not necessarily that long. The objective is to get control over all of the large oil reserves, then they can control commodity prices. Doesn't need to be a shortage, they sold us that line of crap 18 years ago. "Peak oil" now there's TOO MUCH oil. When they have control over all of it they can say whatever they want and we will be fucked either way. 

The fucking propaganda that these fucking sheep choke down makes me sick 

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Yep. Thats why Im burning as much of that shit as I can right now. By the time our government controls all the oil i will have crisscrossed the nation 5 times andseen it all. These big bread boxes are thirsty. 

PS. $2.15 for regular in AZ is pretty reasonable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep. Thats why Im burning as much of that shit as I can right now. By the time our government controls all the oil i will have crisscrossed the nation 5 times andseen it all. These big bread boxes are thirsty. 

PS. $2.15 for regular in AZ is pretty reasonable. 

Wishing you all the best in your retirement, Tom. Enjoying life is why we work our asses off for 40 years. You deserve it brother. :bc:

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Wishing you all the best in your retirement, Tom. Enjoying life is why we work our asses off for 40 years. You deserve it brother. :bc:

Thanks Dave. We are definitely having a blast. I have done more and seen more in the last 18 months than I had in all the 55 years prior combined. It has literally been non stop.  We will put the motorhome in storage next week and fly home for spring. I’m looking forward to actually being home for a couple of months. 

As I get older i realize how limited our time on earth is. Days, weeks and months pass so fast. My mom passed away suddenly in November. My dad passed away a month later but he was on borrowed time and wanted to go once we lost mom unexpectedly. A very close friend, one year younger than me, was diagnosed with a form of Mad Cow disease in February. They gave him 90 days to live. I went back to AK last week to see him. No way he makes it more than 60 days. Its so incredible to watch.

Im enjoying every day like it might be my last day on earth.   Retirement couldn’t be any better for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Thanks Dave. We are definitely having a blast. I have done more and seen more in the last 18 months than I had in all the 55 years prior combined. It has literally been non stop.  We will put the motorhome in storage next week and fly home for spring. I’m looking forward to actually being home for a couple of months. 

As I get older i realize how limited our time on earth is. Days, weeks and months pass so fast. My mom passed away suddenly in November. My dad passed away a month later but he was on borrowed time and wanted to go once we lost mom unexpectedly. A very close friend, one year younger than me, was diagnosed with a form of Mad Cow disease in February. They gave him 90 days to live. I went back to AK last week to see him. No way he makes it more than 60 days. Its so incredible to watch.

Im enjoying every day like it might be my last day on earth.   Retirement couldn’t be any better for me. 

When are you putting the motorhome away?

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

When are you putting the motorhome away?

Im putting it in its storage unit next week. We rented a nice place in Henderson NV. About 15 miles from the McCarran airport. 

We plan to come back for a few weeks as soon as the grandkids get out of school. Gonna load them up and travel around hitting all the water parks and historic sights in the southwest. Probably be out for 3 weeks, maybe a little more if we can handle the heat. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Im putting it in its storage unit next week. We rented a nice place in Henderson NV. About 15 miles from the McCarran airport. 

We plan to come back for a few weeks as soon as the grandkids get out of school. Gonna load them up and travel around hitting all the water parks and historic sights in the southwest. Probably be out for 3 weeks, maybe a little more if we can handle the heat. 

Not storing it in Illinois? 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Not storing it in Illinois? 

No. Jim my BIL has a nice place and its very safe there but there are two major problems with it. 

1. Its 140 miles to the closest airport and that is St Louis. St Louis is a complete shithole. And it costs $500+ for a one way ticket each time we want to go up or down.  And there is only about 1 flight per day from Anc to Stl. I would have to take a train or bus or one way rental car to get from the airport to the motorhome. Each way.   One way ticket to Vegas or Phoenix is about $150. And a $15 uber ride to the storage unit. And there are no less than 6 flights every single day to vegas or phoenix. 

2. And this was a show stopper for my wife. Jims place is right in the middle of farm country. We put the motorhome inside one of his pole barns and covered it with a $700 cover. Sometime in About October 2 field mice discovered their new hiding place. They spent 2 months storing acorns and pecans and all kinds of food inside out motorhome. They chewed through a place in the floor where the plumbing comes up from the basement. There was absolutely no food what so ever in the coach. They didnt come in and eat or live. There was almost no mouse poop inside the coach. But there were literally thousands of nuts stored everywhere. Inside the vacuum cleaner, in every single drawer on every flat surface. There were also spiders and moths and butterflies cocooned all over the inside of the cover. 10’ of Thousands of them. None got inside the coach but they had built so many nests inside the cover that I had to throw it away.

The motorhome cleaned up fine and we caught the only mouse that was inside when we arrived but the invasion of critters was something that we dont want any part of again. 

The southwest is clean, easy to get to, no critters. And its a lot closer to warm weather in the winter. 

25 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

No. Jim my BIL has a nice place and its very safe there but there are two major problems with it. 

1. Its 140 miles to the closest airport and that is St Louis. St Louis is a complete shithole. And it costs $500+ for a one way ticket each time we want to go up or down.  And there is only about 1 flight per day from Anc to Stl. I would have to take a train or bus or one way rental car to get from the airport to the motorhome. Each way.   One way ticket to Vegas or Phoenix is about $150. And a $15 uber ride to the storage unit. And there are no less than 6 flights every single day to vegas or phoenix. 

2. And this was a show stopper for my wife. Jims place is right in the middle of farm country. We put the motorhome inside one of his pole barns and covered it with a $700 cover. Sometime in About October 2 field mice discovered their new hiding place. They spent 2 months storing acorns and pecans and all kinds of food inside out motorhome. They chewed through a place in the floor where the plumbing comes up from the basement. There was absolutely no food what so ever in the coach. They didnt come in and eat or live. There was almost no mouse poop inside the coach. But there were literally thousands of nuts stored everywhere. Inside the vacuum cleaner, in every single drawer on every flat surface. There were also spiders and moths and butterflies cocooned all over the inside of the cover. 10’ of Thousands of them. None got inside the coach but they had built so many nests inside the cover that I had to throw it away.

The motorhome cleaned up fine and we caught the only mouse that was inside when we arrived but the invasion of critters was something that we dont want any part of again. 

The southwest is clean, easy to get to, no critters. And its a lot closer to warm weather in the winter. 

The same thing happened to my 2nd last toyhauler I had....insurance wrote it off thankfully.

30 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I was just going to suggest that you postpone your departure and come stay with f7ben for a couple days if the timeline worked out and you were in Illinois !!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 

Edited by f7ben

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

The same thing happened to my 2nd last toyhauler I had....insurance wrote it off thankfully.

Ours was not physically hurt at all. The mice made one entry point and came and went through that one small spot. They just stored their food in it. They didnt even get a chance to eat the food yet before we picked up the motorhome in December. 

Im not sure exactly how toy haulers or other motorhomes are built but Winnebago provides access hatches to everything. I can remove panels and get to every plumbing, electrical and mechanical thing on the coach.  I removed every panel and harch cover and inspected everything even using my iPhone borescope to look into areas I couldn't directly see. There was no damage to wiring or anything physically. Just small acorns and nuts in the drawers and cubby holes. Surprisingly there were almost no a orns found below the carpet level. They didnt store even a single nut in the basement or in the heating/AC duct work. 

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I was just going to suggest that you postpone your departure and come stay with f7ben for a couple days if the timeline worked out and you were in Illinois !!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 

I will be back in your area next spring likely. If not then it will be the fall of 2019. We are gonna chase the Fall colors around New England again then after which we will work our way down the east coast chasing warm weather. 

That is unless Trump fucks the price of gasoline up which is something he is very likely to do......... :lol: 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

I will be back in your area next spring likely. If not then it will be the fall of 2019. We are gonna chase the Fall colors around New England again then after which we will work our way down the east coast chasing warm weather. 

That is unless Trump fucks the price of gasoline up which is something he is very likely to do......... :lol: 

i'll be moving home spring of next year unless the economy collapses

50 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Too many fucking words.  Jesus!

:lol:

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well how about we meet in Duluth for Thanksgiving 2019..............

Deal......rent a room in canal park and end the night at Club Saratoga !!11!111111111111111