Check your account email address ×

900 ACE = decent lawn tractor engine

Just now, awful knawful said:

Yes I do. How many degrees does the intercooler drop temps on X3? 

Engine temps are just as critical as intake temps you fucking dumbfuck

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Huge difference in tuning a SXS and a sled......SXS has a radiator and fan and much more cooling capacity than a sled. You cant count on consistent engine temps in a sled etc.

Take a look at the EVO dyno sheets from the X3 .....to get to 206 BHP on this motor took full bolt ons , bigger injectors and E85 or straight race gas

I am guessing you will see 170 tunes and 185 tunes or maybe a little more with FBO

It will get spanked buy good running 850's @@@@@@@2

That's why I'll get an 850!!!!

7 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Who was the retard on here that sold his ricer cause he couldn't figure out the flywheel bolts fell out?

That was funny shit!

I think I even said to check them wow!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I think I even said to check them wow!

:lol: a whole pile of people listened to that knock and all said lower end. Plus how do you just "check flywheel bolts" 

Just now, awful knawful said:

You sure that's not an intercooler in yellow. Air to air in cool temps should work great. Better than a sxs no?

Explain

acecad1.jpg

IAC's and Engine Temp are two critical factors.......both separate of each other. You can have good cool charge air and if you are overheating the engine you will have big issues. Sleds cooling systems are far less consistent than a SXS. This is why Doo released the SXS with more power than the Sled ....tougher to have a good safety margin with such wide ranging operating temps. Its also why Outboards are the most reliable 2 strokes out there.....they have 100% consistent cooling at all times 

Just now, f7ben said:

IAC's and Engine Temp are two critical factors.......both separate of each other. You can have good cool charge air and if you are overheating the engine you will have big issues. Sleds cooling systems are far less consistent than a SXS. This is why Doo released the SXS with more power than the Sled ....tougher to have a good safety margin with such wide ranging operating temps. Its also why Outboards are the most reliable 2 strokes out there.....they have 100% consistent cooling at all times 

Do you see the air rad in Orange?  Plus the heat exchangers. Yeah gonna run hot....not!

Anything else?

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

Do you see the air rad in Orange?  Plus the heat exchangers. Yeah gonna run hot....not!

Anything else?

what the fuck is an Air Rad you moron .....do you not understand what is being discussed here you fucking idiot. Get the sled on some icy trails and the engine temps are going to shoot up 40 degrees quickly

Edited by f7ben

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

what the fuck is an Air Rad you moron .....do you not understand what is being discussed here you fucking idiot. Get the sled on some icy trails and the engine temps are going to shoot up 40 degrees quickly

Air rad? You don't see it in Orange?  Explains why you couldn' find flywheel loose.

How many degrees does the X3 intercooler drop iats?  Answer the question.

And another.

X3 with rad, intercooler in summer temps

900t with rad, intercooler and heat exchangers in cold winter temps.

Which cools better?

Think before inserting you whole foot in mouth flywheel7ben

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So you ride with no cooling? Grasping at straws now!

3 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Air rad? You don't see it in Orange?  Explains why you couldn' find flywheel loose.

How many degrees does the X3 intercooler drop iats?  Answer the question.

And another.

X3 with rad, intercooler in summer temps

900t with rad, intercooler and heat exchangers in cold winter temps.

Which cools better?

Think before inserting you whole foot in mouth flywheel7ben

I did not see the rad in orange....sorry. I would still bet the X3 has much more consistent engine temps based on system capacity.

Also the intercooler on the x3 will drop intake temps the same amount as the IC on the sled.....thats how IC's work .....120 in and 60 out , 180 in and 120 out etc etc .......the air temps on the sled will be lower because they are starting lower so they should be cooler than the SXS. The SXS cooling system has much more capacity  so more consistent cooling 

I would start by looking for an inspection hole or pull the trans first.

Yes...pull the trans. No inspection hole on that assembly. And its not like I could have just tightened them The flywheel and clutch etc was all shot. Over 5,000$ for that clutch 

28 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol: a whole pile of people listened to that knock and all said lower end. Plus how do you just "check flywheel bolts" 

Only one way to check them...

I’ve had flex plate bolts come loose before and it sounds like a rod knock that’s how I know lol

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I did not see the rad in orange....sorry. I would still bet the X3 has much more consistent engine temps based on system capacity.

Also the intercooler on the x3 will drop intake temps the same amount as the IC on the sled.....thats how IC's work .....120 in and 60 out , 180 in and 120 out etc etc .......the air temps on the sled will be lower because they are starting lower so they should be cooler than the SXS. The SXS cooling system has much more capacity  so more consistent cooling 

How much more capacity?

I need facts not bs!

25 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

How much more capacity?

I need facts not bs!

Fuck dude.....I am just going off generalities. Also I would not be surprised if the RAD was deleted on the XRS and X models just like on the 1200 models. The touring sleds were the only ones that got the RAD......maybe I'm wrong IDK 

Generalizing?  Aka full of shit!

So you dont think SXS cooling systems have a much larger capacity then sleds in general? You dont think thats an accurate statement?

You are willing to argue with me and be wrong just to argue.....thats all it boils down too

Got any of those dyno sheets showing twins making more tq than triples yet you fucking brain dead fat ass fucking twinko faggot????