Check your account email address ×

She speaks the truth, when will we again learn to discipline?

XCR1250

Just now, spin_dry said:

Hitting children is a weird concept. Hit em so they don’t hurt others. Ok!!! 

I remember getting in a fight at school. The Principal broke it up and pounded us both. I was new to the school, the other kid was a known  trouble maker who wanted to test the new kid. So the principal just slapped me around a bit and threw me against the wall.  But he was actually giving the other kid a "jelly arm" punching him on the arm, repeatedly saying, "I keep telling you no fighting, when are you going to learn. "  As I recall he was hitting the kid with each word. It was funny at the time and still is now. That Principal was not a bad guy but in reality he was punching 10-13 years old kids. I was a reasonably well behaved kid but we got up to some shit that kids would get charged for today. Maybe that's why old people think kids today are bad.  A fight that just required some intervention by a teacher end up with charges now. 

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I remember getting in a fight at school. The Principal broke it up and pounded us both. I was new to the school, the other kid was a known  trouble maker who wanted to test the new kid. So the principal just slapped me around a bit and threw me against the wall.  But he was actually giving the other kid a "jelly arm" punching him on the arm, repeatedly saying, "I keep telling you no fighting, when are you going to learn. "  As I recall he was hitting the kid with each word. It was funny at the time and still is now. That Principal was not a bad guy but in reality he was punching 10-13 years old kids. I was a reasonably well behaved kid but we got up to some shit that kids would get charged for today. Maybe that's why old people think kids today are bad.  A fight that just required some intervention by a teacher end up with charges now. 

I would imagine everyday still is one big fight for you. :bc:

• Like 1

there are some valid points in that teacher's post. imo there is a whole mix reasons for things like this when it involves school kids

• poor parenting, unobservant parenting
  • social media. everyone has twitter, facebook, texts, youtube, etc that can create alot of anger, embarrassment, hate, etc. especially with teenagers who are naturally in a hormonal and volatile state at that point in their lives
  • the ease of "retaliation". i hate to say it, as i am pro-gun to a point, but in my opinion a teenager should not be allowed to just walk into into a story and buy a weapon designed for high casualties. would banning them from doing so stop all of it? no. would it help? perhaps. but what would be "lost" if we changed that policy? bfd if a teen has to wait until they're 21 to buy certain weapons. they have to wait until they're 21 for other things, why not this one? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Never laid a hand on my daughter. Never hit any dog I’ve owned so why hit my kid? If anyone did hit my kid, including a teacher, I’d have pressed charges. The idea that a parent has to hit a child for them not to become a school shooter is probably one of the most ridiculous arguments I think I’ve heard. 

You don't have to hit a kid or a dog. But they do have to know their are consequences for making bad decisions.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

there are some valid points in that teacher's post. imo there is a whole mix reasons for things like this when it involves school kids

• social media. everyone has twitter, facebook, texts, youtube, etc that can create alot of anger, embarrassment, hate, etc. especially with teenagers who are naturally in a hormonal and volatile state at that point in their lives
  • the ease of "retaliation". i hate to say it, as i am pro-gun to a point, but in my opinion a teenager should not be allowed to just walk into into a story and buy a weapon designed for high casualties. would banning them from doing so stop all of it? no. would it help? perhaps. but what would be "lost" if we changed that policy? bfd if a teen has to wait until they're 21 to buy certain weapons. they have to wait until they're 21 for other things, why not this one? 

I don't have a problem with that. They have to wait till 21 to buy a handgun. I'm cool with putting ar's on that list too.

43 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I agree with this, only question I have is, what about an 18-20 year old that's in the Armed Forces?

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Its not very hard to notice....you scream "help me please"

Every post screams ....l have no friends and took too many ass kickings tocount .no surprise he had to change schools thinking it would be different.  Probably a good thing he is scared of guns.

Reality is if parents are doing their job teachers shouldn't have to do much regarding discipline.   Kids should know their ass is grass if the parents get a call from the school. 

• Like 1