Check your account email address ×

Iron dog is live

Anler

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Jesus fucking CHrist!!!  :lol:

No ass is worth that.  Life is just too fucking short.  I bet he has his own room...at a minimum.  If keeping those political optics up are that important....I'm making a Gnar-ass man cave and love shack in the basement.  Oh...and the garage is mine!!!

Sarah bought Todd his own house on Lake Lucille in Wasilla..  Right next door to hers.  It has a 60'x60' hanger attached to the house.  He can land on the lake and taxi up his driveway and right into his hanger.  It's quite bad ass for sure.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Sarah bought Todd his own house on Lake Lucille in Wasilla..  Right next door to hers.  It has a 60'x60' hanger attached to the house.  He can land on the lake and taxi up his driveway and right into his hanger.  It's quite bad ass for sure.  

Well...fucking bully for him!!!!!!  NICE GOING TODD!!!!  :bc:  Fucking sweet!

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well this might help to put up with it. :lol:

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yea, Todd puts up with a lot of shit.  I couldn't do it either.  

He got pretty banged up a few years back in a sled accident, no?   He must have healed right up if he’s back racing.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

About 150 miles to go before the finish line and it looks like several more Doo teams are having trouble.  Team 6 appears to be towing.  Team 20 also appears to be towing.  

Doo has really been a let down this year on the racing circuit.  I find it odd as I was sure seeing them want to get back on top of the podium.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Doo has really been a let down this year on the racing circuit.  I find it odd as I was sure seeing them want to get back on top of the podium.

Right now it appears that 3 doo teams are towing and the other two left are well off the pace.  They are dropping back very quickly.  

What’s your theory?  Fuel system issues?  

The Doo teams are definitely having fuel/motor problems.  No way to know whats happening at this moment in the race with the teams towing but almost all the doo teams have been having runability problems all week.  

The Polaris teams have been having Jackshaft problems.  The leaders had to change a jackshaft this morning.  Took 20 minutes.  Looks like the girls have scratched also.  They replaced a jackshaft going north.  Not sure what took them out.  

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The Doo teams are definitely having fuel/motor problems.  No way to know whats happening at this moment in the race with the teams towing but almost all the doo teams have been having runability problems all week.  

The Polaris teams have been having Jackshaft problems.  The leaders had to change a jackshaft this morning.  Took 20 minutes.  Looks like the girls have scratched also.  They replaced a jackshaft going north.  Not sure what took them out.  

Kinda strange considering the Doo would be the same old etech 600.  Not like it's a new package or anything.  

Well, the race leaders, Team 10 Mike Morgan and Chris Olds on Polaris are 100 miles from the finish line.  They are about 30 minutes ahead of the second place team.  Race rules state that both sleds must leave every checkpoint under it's own power.  As soon as they move away from the checkpoint they can begin towing.  

There is only 1 checkpoint between Team 10 and the finish line.  At this point they could tow in and still maintain their lead.  

1 minute ago, sledderj said:

Kinda strange considering the Doo would be the same old etech 600.  Not like it's a new package or anything.  

Well.......  Things weren't going that well for the etecs in practice.  Doo offered everyone a reflash a week or so before the race.  I think all but one team took the reflash.  That team appears to be towing now.  

26 minutes ago, sledderj said:

I think Doos mapping must be the fly in the ointment. :dunno:

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Are those regular length tracks or Switchbacks?  

I believe they are listed as switches.

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Another Doo team has scratched.  Not sure of the reason but it's listed as mechanical.  Team 20 had a good run going.  Sad to see them drop out.  

An ultimate attrition test of man and machine.  It really is a helluva race.

From Team 20.

21077511_10212031904504859_8296169187005

Jayme Gueco is with Chad Gueco and 2 others.
8 mins · 

Unfortunately team #20 had to scratch in Tanana. Chads sled caught on fire multiple times and finally blew up. They are still in good spirits and most importantly...they are safe and healthy. Thank you everyone for your support. Better luck next year boys....but without this new mapping on the sleds.

28 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Team 6 and 16 are running right together.  Maybe 2 minutes apart through Nenana.  Team 6 had to wait for 16 to finish refueling before they could fuel.  A very close race for second.  

Ewwww....I like a good close race!  The question always is, do you push the limits to try and overtake the lead and risk complete failure or, settle for second?

Man, I always gotta go with option one of its close enough.  

Ewwww....I like a good close race!  The question always is, do you push the limits to try and overtake the lead and risk complete failure or, settle for second?

Man, I always gotta go with option one of its close enough.  

Hahaha.  Well that 30 minute lead Team 10 had an hour ago is now down to about 15 minutes.  Teams 6 and 16 are catching them quick.  There is still about 45 miles left in the race.  Teams 6 and 16 are going almost 20 MPH faster than the leaders right now.  

This could be a very close race in another 30 minutes.