Check your account email address ×

Chicago Cops kill stolen car suspect...shot in the back

• Platinum Contributing Member

While he did steal a car, nearly run over an officer and then slam into a patrol car but at the point does he as unarmed fleeing suspect deserve to be shot in the back and killed? Seems as if the officers were trigger happy and on the video you can hear them ask in confusion if the suspect shot at them....bad deal all the way around.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/05/us/chicago-police-shooting-video-release/

My give a fuck is very low for those killed in the commission of a crime.

Had he not stole a car, he would be alive and well.

Maybe , they saved the lives of some innocent children playing in their yard that he could of run over if they had not stopped him.

I believe the only option is for police to pull out of these neighborhoods completely. 

With that said ,  I find it amazing the number of officers who continue to pull their gun and shoot black suspects.

Mind numbing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

You cant try to run over a police officer either...

well he did...but was shot later..not in the heat of the moment when self defense could have been used.

Remember in the movies when the cops would say..stop or I will shoot?

I wonder if that really holds water?

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

well he did...but was shot later..not in the heat of the moment when self defense could have been used.

Wasn't he shot in the car as he was fleeing away in the heat of the moment.

Maybe. You guys are seeing something different then the body cam footage I saw.

Idk....was he shot out of the car?

4 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Its amazing some people are protecting this guy....he didnt gaf about anyone elses life....they tried to apprehend him....he failed to comply.....he already proved he was dangerous.....job well done....and one less scumbag to rot in jail and live off the tax payers dime.

Edited by DAVE
  • Like 1

Just now, Cold War said:

Wasn't he shot in the car as he was fleeing away in the heat of the moment.

Maybe. You guys are seeing something different then the body cam footage I saw.

Idk....was he shot out of the car?

Yeah he was running down a alley ..you watched the same vid and didn't see that?

2 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Yeah he was running down a alley ..you watched the same vid and didn't see that?

I didn't... watched the footage of them firing into the car on my local news.

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Its amazing some people are protecting this guy....he didnt gaf about anyone elses life....they tried to apprehend him....he failed to comply.....he already proved he was dangerous.....job well done....and one less scumbag to rot in jail and live off the tax payers dime.

we dont give a fuck about the guy you fucking idiot ....we give a fuck about the cops following the fucking law

The vid on here is a little confusing..shots were fired at him after he got out of the car..then he is running down a ally..then I swear more shots are fired.

But in the vid they restart the vid after get gets out of the car..I don't know why they did that.

Just now, f7ben said:

we dont give a fuck about the guy you fucking idiot ....we give a fuck about the cops following the fucking law

So let the bad guy go that tried to kill a cop...unfucking believeable.

Just now, DAVE said:

So let the bad guy go that tried to kill a cop...unfucking believeable.

no ...they can pursue him and arrest him....they cannot use deadly force unless it is under circumstances where the man is an immediate threat to their lives or someone elses....sweet fuck are you a bootlicker

to answer my earlier question,

Stop, or I Will Shoot!

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/use_of_deadly_force_authorized_8299.png

Mook: Alright. Stay where you are and we'll shoot you!
Krillin: Don't you mean or we'll shoot you'?
Mook: We know what we said!

The phrase "Stop Or I'll Shoot" embodies a common idea, popularized in fiction, that a police officer need only identify himself to a criminal suspect as an officer of the law, and that after this, if the suspect resists the officer, the officer is justified in containing the situation by any means he sees fit, up to and including deadly force.

This idea is flawed. In real life, police officers are required to use a reasonable amount of force, ideally the minimum necessary to contain a situation; they can't just begin shooting or swinging their nightsticks willy-nilly whenever a perp runs or tells them off, or even if a suspect fights back. Many, many lawsuits against police departments are grounded on the alleged use of "excessive force" and "Police Brutality". Indeed, since 1985, police are not allowed to shoot a fleeing suspect unless he or she can be shown to pose a threat of death or dangerous injury to others.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

no ...they can pursue him and arrest him....they cannot use deadly force unless it is under circumstances where the man is an immediate threat to their lives or someone elses....sweet fuck are you a bootlicker

What part of he tried to runover a cop dont you understand? 

• Platinum Contributing Member

They shot him in the back as he was running away which is what killed him. They also were so fucking confused they had no idea whether he had a weapon or fired at them and and as it turns out he had no gun. There is also apparently video of one of other officers high giving another and saying " Fuck now I'll be on desk duty for 30 days."