Check your account email address ×

Trump tags Democrats as 'treasonous' and 'un-American' for muted SOTU reaction

Could you imagine if Obama claimed this after one of his SOTU's where the republicans sat on their hands? 

Who here deems this as a normal thought for the president of a great democracy?

Trump tags Democrats as 'treasonous' and 'un-American' for muted SOTU reaction

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump called Democrats' stone-faced reaction to his State of the Union address "treasonous" and "un-American" during a visit to a manufacturing plant in Cincinnati, Ohio Monday.

Trump described Republicans "going totally crazy wild" during his State of the Union remarks one week ago, while Democrats remained seated and stone-faced for the majority of the speech. "They were like death," Trump lamented. "And un-American. Un-American."

But the reaction, he said, was also something much worse.

Vaguely noting that "someone" called the Democratic reactions "'treasonous,'" Trump said he agreed. "I mean, yeah, I guess. Why not?...Can we call that treason? Why not? I mean, they certainly didn't seem to love our country very much."

Though the word has gotten plenty of attention in Washington of late, not standing during a speech certainly does not count as treason.

Trump's speech — billed by the White House as another push for the newly-passed Republican tax plan and "not a political event" — swung wildly from the tax package's finer selling points to the president's rosy outlook on 2018 while he leveled hard knocks against Democrats, specifically House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

"She's our secret weapon," Trump told the Ohio crowd. "No, she's our secret weapon. I just hope they don't change her," he said, referencing Democrats who "want to run her out" of her leadership post.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-tags-democrats-as-treasonous-and-un-american-for-muted-sotu-reaction/ar-BBIKaKk