Check your account email address ×

First school shooting of the week

Gov. Jerry Brown’s $27.8 billion “wall of debt” was only part of the state’s official debt that the report put at $132.6 billion.

Much of the state’s debt comes from general obligation bonds — funds for public works — totaling $73.1 billion, unemployment insurance loans totaling $10.9 billion, and lease-revenue bonds totaling $11.3 billion.

The debt of K-12 public school districts was estimated at $49.7 billion, city government debt was $68.1 billion, county government debt was $22.1 billion, redevelopment agencies and special districts was $110.4 billion, unfunded pension liabilities at 7.5 percent interest was $128.3 billion and unfunded retiree healthcare liability was $136.8 billion.

According to the report — at 5.5 percent interest — an additional $200 billion would be added to unfunded pension liability.

The total $848.4 billion state and local government debt is called a “low estimate” by the report.

Adding, California’s long-term debt acquired by K-12 schools, cities, counties, special districts and redevelopment agencies as well as unfunded pension liabilities and future retirement healthcare could balloon the debt to $1.13 trillion.

Too funny.  Libs defending California because it gave Hillary the popular (immigrant) vote.

I was born in the OC and 80% of my extended family still live in California.  Been out there I don’t know how many times and getting ready to go again but, “I took vacation there” and “GDP!!!!!!”  “It’s awesome.”

:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Too funny.  Libs defending California because it gave Hillary the popular (immigrant) vote.

I was born in the OC and 80% of my extended family still live in California.  Been out there I don’t know how many times and getting ready to go again but, “I took vacation there” and “GDP!!!!!!”  “It’s awesome.”

Did you stay at the Ritz? It makes a difference you know  :lol: 

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Did you stay at the Ritz? It makes a difference you know  :lol: 

Oh.  No.  That may be it tho.  It’s all “perspective”.

My whole family’s middle and upper middle class neighborhoods from back in the day now look like little Mexico and an extension of Compton.  ALL OF THEM.