Check your account email address ×

NASCAR 2016

16 hours ago, ckf said:

Jr is an average driver. Nothing wrong with that really. I'm sure there are a lot of drivers that would love to have won 26 races in their career.

nope but certainly doesn;t make him deserving of any awards when there are actually really good drivers out there including the young guns.  NASCAR pushing Junior and Danica hasn't helped their popularity time to try something different.  

• Like 1

One of the best drivers to never win the championship :bc:

Mark Martin elected to NMPA Hall of Fame: Mark Martin, winner of 40 NASCAR premier series races and a runner-up in the championship battle on five occasions, has been selected for induction into the National Motorsports Press Association Hall of Fame. Martin, 57, will be inducted Sunday, Jan. 22, 2017. He was named on 95 percent of the ballots cast by the NMPA membership. The Batesville, Arkansas, native competed in NASCAR for more than three decades. His 40 career victories currently rank 17th on the all-time list for the series while his 882 career starts rank fifth overall for the sanctioning body's top series. Others receiving votes but falling short of the required 65 percent necessary for induction were veteran crew chiefs Kirk Shelmerdine (61 percent), Buddy Parrott (59 percent) and Larry McReynolds (51 percent); and long-time Martinsville Speedway public relations director Dick Thompson (59 percent). Former statistician Bob Latford and driver Dan Gurney were also named as write-in candidates on this year's Hall of Fame ballot.(NMPA)(11-24-2016)

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, hwytohell said:

Mark Martin had to shake the demon bottle from his life, turned things around , got on a  health  regime , ran his cars for the wins. Plus a nice person to the fans.

Never knew that....always admired the way he raced and how he was so humble and gave credit to others.

On 23/11/2016 at 11:42 AM, Angry ginger said:

nope but certainly doesn;t make him deserving of any awards when there are actually really good drivers out there including the young guns.  NASCAR pushing Junior and Danica hasn't helped their popularity time to try something different.  

NASCAR hasn't pushed Junior whatsoever you fucking idiot :lol:

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

40 cup wins along with 49 Xfinity wins. Definitely above average :news: 

So Martins career win percentage is the same as jr's in cup but jr's just average.... interesting. :news:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I never heard what happened there. I thought he would end his career at Roush?

I think he thought he had a deal to be there for life then roush screwed him for a younger gun after a marginal year,  the following year he would just gush and gush how great it was to be in such an awesome car with great handling and power.  

Just now, Dave said:

So Martins career win percentage is the same as jr's in cup but jr's just average.... interesting. :news:

Martin won late in his career. Even if Jr races 5 more years, I doubt he will end up with 40 cup wins.

Just now, Dave said:

He's his own entity...he would be popular with or without nascar

he'd be nothing without his dads name cause he isn't a great nascar driver.  And I will agree Martin probably wasn;t a "great" he went through some good periods as did junior

• Like 1

Just now, ckf said:

Martin won late in his career. Even if Jr races 5 more years, I doubt he will end up with 40 cup wins.

You were wrong about him coming back....I'm sure that's not the last thing.... :lol:

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

he'd be nothing without his dads name cause he isn't a great nascar driver.  And I will agree Martin probably wasn;t a "great" he went through some good periods as did junior

Well according to John his stats are better then average.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

I didn't classify him as great either, that's reserved for Petty, Pearson, Warltrip (ugh), Senior, Gordon, Johnson and the likes. Martin was above average :bc:

1 minute ago, Dave said:

You were wrong about him coming back....I'm sure that's not the last thing.... :lol:

:dave:   :lol: