Check your account email address ×

Time to bash Star Wars

Ok, not really bashing, I loved the originals ,just not digging what's being released . We were watching Revenge of the Sith on tv last night.. We lasted about 30min.  Wtf is with these new ones? Young Obe gets caught with young Vader in a hallway and responds "how did this happen? We're smarter than this "   ...then you have the Wookies yelling exactly like Tarzan ,swinging from ropes,while defending the beach.  Gay.  And there's WAY too much cgi.  I mean, great for backgrounds, explosions, ships and shit ,but for main characters ?  And how is it possible that when in space ,shooting at each other, there are firery explosions??where did the air come from ?? If you're with kids,it's probably totally fine, but we were hardcore original, still have the vhs tapes in the star wars box. 

18 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Ok, not really bashing, I loved the originals ,just not digging what's being released . We were watching Revenge of the Sith on tv last night.. We lasted about 30min.  Wtf is with these new ones? Young Obe gets caught with young Vader in a hallway and responds "how did this happen? We're smarter than this "   ...then you have the Wookies yelling exactly like Tarzan ,swinging from ropes,while defending the beach.  Gay.  And there's WAY too much cgi.  I mean, great for backgrounds, explosions, ships and shit ,but for main characters ?  And how is it possible that when in space ,shooting at each other, there are firery explosions??where did the air come from ?? If you're with kids,it's probably totally fine, but we were hardcore original, still have the vhs tapes in the star wars box. 

i hate to break it to you.  there were explosions in the original 3 too 

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

As if the originals don't have fucked up plot sequences.  

The one that gets me the most is the large creature living in the asteroid in space.  What's it eat?  :lol:  

You have to take them all for what they are worth.

5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

i hate to break it to you.  there were explosions in the original 3 too 

I know . Kinda ridiculous..but still fun

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

As if the originals don't have fucked up plot sequences.  

The one that gets me the most is the large creature living in the asteroid in space.  What's it eat?  :lol:  

You have to take them all for what they are worth.

I forgot about that thing...wtf lol

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

I know . Kinda ridiculous..but still fun

I forgot about that thing...wtf lol

I find myself asking the realism or common sense questions all the time in scifi movies.  :lol:  Damn near will ruin it for me if I'm not careful.  Like the sand monster in the beginning of Return of the Jedi.   What's it eat if Jabba isn't constantly feeding it?   Or how come the huge star destroyers only send out a small handful of fighters?   Something that big would carry tens of thousands of them.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

I watch movies to be entertained. Turn brain off and try not to over think them. It does get a little ridiculous when you have a 100lb gal throwing 200-300 lb men around like rag dolls.  Kicking out front windshields to shoot out of, while car is doing barrel roll through mid air.