Check your account email address ×

Self Driving Cars Good or Bad?

7 hours ago, SSFB said:

It's gonna be awesome to sleep and wake up hundreds of miles away. 

They'll be everywhere in 20 years. 

24 minutes ago, JEFF said:

I don't think they will be. The tech will be there but how do you implement them into society? And can you imagine getting the blue screen of death on the interstate? 

I think the big players will parade the tech around and they will be half ass implemented but will be quickly shut down do to a bunch of unforeseen bad things happening. They will need dedicated roadways. People and machines won't mix on the road.

I think it will be a little of both. More urban areas I can see plenty of driverless cars. Out in sticks where I live I don't think so much. Can one envision using a driverless truck on a moose hunt into the deep woods of Maine?  

20 minutes ago, Legend said:

I wish we had self driving trucks now for the 20+hr trips to the Rockies.

Yep, load up the truck after work on a Friday, hit the road and sleep at your leisure. Wake up to beautiful white powder ready to be shredded. It's a bit far for you but from here a person could ride all day Saturday and Sunday, load up and sleep while the truck drives you home and be back in time for work Monday morning. :bc:

nothing kicks your ass like the 18hr all nighters West.  then you know you are not going to sleep all day when you just drive 18 hrs . so go ride for 7 hrs at 9500feet . at least I quit drinking on big trips yrs ago so I am ahead of the game that way. but self driving 3/4 ton sign me up today .