Check your account email address ×

Anyone know about boilers?

7 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Keep calling until he finds one that works on boilers. Has to be commercial contractor in that area. 

Most heating plumbing installers/repair are done by guys working out of their homes, most are retired from that profession..I put in my own heating but I used to do that work many years ago..we are in the middle of no where, nearest Town where there is any businesses is 23 miles away, couple hardware stores, gas stations, L&M Farm Supply  and a Walmart.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Most heating plumbing installers/repair are done by guys working out of their homes, most are retired from that profession..I put in my own heating but I used to do that work many years ago..we are in the middle of no where, nearest Town where there is any businesses is 23 miles away, couple hardware stores, gas stations, L&M Farm Supply  and a Walmart.

I do this for a living. My 2019 work truck has 38k on it. Nobody in this trade works in their back yard. 23 miles isn’t far and next to zero traffic. Retired guys pick and choose there work. 

Probably CenEx, or maybe Rasmussen from a couple towns NE of here, although I think they do wells and septic systems..most here that I know about do their own work or help each other to do repairs, lots of retired guys here from all types of past Professions..we have no Hotels near us, nearest Motel has only 4 rooms and is 13 miles North, he's a friend of mine.

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I do this for a living. My 2019 work truck has 38k on it. Nobody in this trade works in their back yard. 23 miles isn’t far and next to zero traffic. Retired guys pick and choose there work. 

The local heating guy near us who DOES work from his home just had a stroke or something, took him out by Helicopter as an Ambulance can take 45 minutes to get here..

DSC00220 (1).JPG

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

I know 2 of those personally, I've fixed their snowmobiles, they work from home and usually won't come out here..hard to explain this area, when I moved here 30 years ago I was told about issues with getting anyone to do anything.. I do almost everything myself including building, when I needed help I had to hire an old carpenter friend who came here from Waukesha County, 350 miles away cause no one here would even come to look at what I wanted done..

Home across the road from me needed a new furnace, he had to wait over a year to get one installed and they weren't local..It was over $5,000, I did my own for under $900, bought if from JL Larson. 100,000 btu. Co Op made some of the sheet metal parts I needed for the cold air return. Drivers and S Clips came from JL Larson.

Edited by XCR1250

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Why ? Are you on a off peek sort of deal ?

I am putting one in the new place but also linking a combo hot water/heat propane unit on for on peek hours .

I have a dual fuel panel and electric is cheap for me

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Don, have you called an electrician? I think that's who you should call.

If not I know a couple up in your area.

It's not for me, it's for a guy on the West Fork, it's for Terry B., he called Jump River they told him they don't work on boilers. Terry has ordered a Breaker cause no one had 1 in this area, not even JL Larson in Hayward and they are a HVAC supplier, I guess he ordered from Sid Harvey where I used to get HVAC parts from.

23 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Circuit is tripping, can't handle the load.

Need heavier wire or higher amp breaker.

LOL!

2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

You were probably right on the breaker part, but not the higher part. The breaker is there to protect the cable. If you put in a higher fuse, and you have a problem, then there is a chance the cable becomes the fuse, and melts, and burns. If the fuse size that was there before was sized correctly and worked for many years, your best bet is to stay with the same size breaker that has done its job for many years previous. Do not up the breaker size, that is asking for trouble, and possibly a fire. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

You were probably right on the breaker part, but not the higher part. The breaker is there to protect the cable. If you put in a higher fuse, and you have a problem, then there is a chance the cable becomes the fuse, and melts, and burns. If the fuse size that was there before was sized correctly and worked for many years, your best bet is to stay with the same size breaker that has done its job for many years previous. Do not up the breaker size, that is asking for trouble, and possibly a fire. 

Exactly.

Higher breaker just masking the problem leading to bigger issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

It's not for me, it's for a guy on the West Fork, it's for Terry B., he called Jump River they told him they don't work on boilers. Terry has ordered a Breaker cause no one had 1 in this area, not even JL Larson in Hayward and they are a HVAC supplier, I guess he ordered from Sid Harvey where I used to get HVAC parts from.

JH isn't a Square D distributor. If he can't find one I have them in stock.

26 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Only a fucking retard would think of adding a larger breaker to a circuit that has been functional for 12 years.....literally a brain dead fucking know nothing retard

So putting a penny under a 20a fustat so it will work in a 15 amp socket is a bad idea? LOL

Did that for years in the cabin but the wire was all 12 guage.