Check your account email address ×

Sanders vs Trump

f7ben

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well for now anyway. Havasu is a super cool place with something different to do almost every day. Its very inexpensive living. All my neighbors are Canadians so very few whiny Americans in my neighborhood. I’ve come to realize Canadians know how to have fun and appreciate a nice place to live  

We are 2 hours to McCarran Airport in Vegas. Flights into and out of Vegas are cheap so traveling from here is cheap. 3hrs to Mexico and 4hrs to San Diego or LA. 

The sun shines about 350 days per year. 

We started looking for a home to buy here 2 years ago. There are a lot of very nice places for sale here. We still look weekly. Its hard to decide what to buy so we are sticking with the trailer park for now. The pool is warm and the hot tub is hot. Its hard not to like this place. 

cool. Assuming you towed a vehicle down?

6 minutes ago, frenchy said:

cool. Assuming you towed a vehicle down?

We bought a 40’ class A motorhome back at the end of 2016. We keep it inside in Vegas from May to September/October. In 2018 we drove our Jeep Wrangler down to be with the motorhome. When we travel we tow the Wrangler. During summer the Wrangler and Motorhome are inside in Vegas. 

Most of my Canadian neighbors leave their RV’s down here all year. After winter is over they move them into storage and drive their passenger car or truck back home. Outside storage is about $100 per month here. Inside storage is about $300 depending on how big a storage facility you need. 

46018597-721F-4ED5-9DBF-9BE82F8DB2B1.jpeg

Edited by AKIQPilot
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

We bought a 40’ class A motorhome back at the end of 2016. We keep it inside in Vegas from May to September/October. In 2018 we drove our Jeep Wrangler down to be with the motorhome. When we travel we tow the Wrangler. During summer the Wrangler and Motorhome are inside in Vegas. 

Most of my Canadian neighbors leave their RV’s down here all year. After winter is over they move them into storage and drive their passenger car or truck back home. Outside storage is about $100 per month here. Inside storage is about $300 depending on how big a storage facility you need. 

46018597-721F-4ED5-9DBF-9BE82F8DB2B1.jpeg

My old family friend did just what you did. They had a big Ventana ( 268 thou ) and towed a Honda CRV. Went around the country/Canada for a few summers, then sold the big rig, and bought  a airstream trailer and a pick-up to tow it. 

Haven't talked to them in a while. They are on Pine ISland, ( Fort Myers ) and putting some addition or somethin' on their place. 

21 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

If for some reason Bernie gets the nod and it looks like he could beat Trump, when should I move my 401K from stocks into a cash account?

You're going to get crushed well before the election. 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

This is my little spot in the trailer park. We are about 100’ from the sandy beach. A nice view of the lake, mountains and city. 

7962F7A2-8ED0-4767-9142-6F5BD7EFE26E.jpeg

856680AE-1F7E-4B54-85D7-94C3C8D6A029.jpeg

B75A418E-1EAD-492C-87F2-2E11D4DB120A.jpeg

8E295308-7B69-4991-9E31-496F12A243FD.jpeg

7E8671A5-2672-4181-AD48-E25B4A4B683F.jpeg

A9A5D769-4C4A-483C-A83B-E4B65940EE04.jpeg

25E20D5E-5FD3-461F-9BCC-EDEDB3A754AD.jpeg

HA!HA! Nice set-up. I like that Jeep, it has big tires and looks tough!!!!  :bc:

45 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

My old family friend did just what you did. They had a big Ventana ( 268 thou ) and towed a Honda CRV. Went around the country/Canada for a few summers, then sold the big rig, and bought  a airstream trailer and a pick-up to tow it. 

Haven't talked to them in a while. They are on Pine ISland, ( Fort Myers ) and putting some addition or somethin' on their place. 

been looking at pine island myself.  spend half of jan-march down there since i can work from anywhere.  

29 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

been looking at pine island myself.  spend half of jan-march down there since i can work from anywhere.  

They are waterfront. I'd be a bit worried if I had a big place down there, if a woop-doozy storm came in. Can't be more than a couple feet above water level. 

I don't know, everybody has ta' do what works for them. 

It is a nice-lookin' area though.

Saw somethin' on TV once showing a cigarette boat runnin' off Fort Myers...……………..LOOKED GOOD TO ME!!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

They are waterfront. I'd be a bit worried if I had a big place down there, if a woop-doozy storm came in. Can't be more than a couple feet above water level. 

Saw somethin' on TV once showing a cigarette boat runnin' off Fort Myers...……………..LOOKED GOOD TO ME!!!!!!!

Let me know when you get a boat!! 

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

If you are into boats you need to be here. Obviously there is way more money in south florida than there is here but Havasu is now home to 6 major boat building companies from Eliminator to Playcraft to Hallett. 

150 mph day cruisers are all over the place here.