Check your account email address ×

Skis

So I'm thinking about getting some new skis for the assault. I'm not a fan of the pro steers. I just don't think they bite very well and with 144" of studded 1.6ness I need more bite so I don't end up in the cabbage. 

These are what I'm considering. I've only got experience with mohawks which I liked but not sure I want skis that wide. I'll be mostly trail riding with occasional off trail.

Slp slt's

Mohawks

C&a xpt's

C&a xcs 

Anybody have experience with these?

Just now, Zambroski said:

I’m CA all the way but, I think Poo guys don’t have a lot of luck with them for some reason???

There’s a thread on HCS in the Poo forums about it.  I believe the SLP’s are popular.

So which c&a would you suggest?

Just now, Anler said:

So which c&a would you suggest?

Razors are a good performance trail ski.  I’ve put Some decent miles on them before I went to XT’s.  Razors are by far the most popular.  The new XPT is supposed to be a bit more aggressive but don’t know anybody that has them.  The XCS is a good crossover ski.

Go to their website.  It really depends on what you want out of a ski.  

Razors are a good performance trail ski.  I’ve put Some decent miles on them before I went to XT’s.  Razors are by far the most popular.  The new XPT is supposed to be a bit more aggressive but don’t know anybody that has them.  The XCS is a good crossover ski.

Go to their website.  It really depends on what you want out of a ski.  

I have been on the website, I'm looking for feedback. 

I’ll like the Simmons gen1’s, but I think they’re a bit wider as well. Tried the usi’s and didn’t like them. Always wanted to try the slt’s And the curves.

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Razors are super aggressive. A bit heavy steering for the average trail rider. Tried those as well. 

Just now, Anler said:

You really need feedback from like poo owners.  I bet @AKIQPilot can give you some good advice.

If you want mine, based on what I’ve read here, I’d say the XCS May be a good fit.  Razor if you want to rail a bit more.

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

I already have those. They bite great but are a little too darty for my liking. I'm leaning towards one if these tri keel skis. 

Definitely C&A's then.  The most aggressive ones they offer, straight to the XT's.  

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You really need feedback from like poo owners.  I bet @AKIQPilot can give you some good advice.

If you want mine, based on what I’ve read here, I’d say the XCS May be a good fit.  Razor if you want to rail a bit more.

@Anler my C&A noob comment perfectly depicted above. 

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

I already have those. They bite great but are a little too darty for my liking. I'm leaning towards one if these tri keel skis. 

Shim them and check your alignment

You can’t ride.  Be quiet.  I’m not gonna even comment on you not owning a sled anymore.

KHAAAAASHOGGIIIII’D!!!!!

:owned:

You ride a 440 with c&a’s, a one piece jump suit, and a Mohawk on your helmet. I’d rather cross country ski than embody that level of cuntery. Kill thine self.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

My goodness!  How much can you curl?  Lol!!!

Dude.....you'll never know how fucking horrible they are on a fucking kids backflip sled that tops out at 60 mph

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You ride a 440 with c&a’s, a one piece jump suit, and a Mohawk on your helmet. I’d rather cross country ski than embody that level of cuntery. Kill thine self.

Do you ever feel like you may be trying too hard?  Slow your roll a tad and let if flow naturally.  You have it in you but are rushing it.  

Ahhhh.....my young little grasshopper.  :lmao: