Check your account email address ×

And so the Stupidity Begins...

revrnd

https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/2018/08/08/city-of-victoria-to-remove-statue-of-john-a-macdonald-from-city-hall-steps.html

Mayor Lisa Helps said the decision to remove the statue was made by the City Family, a body of council working on reconciliation with both the Songhees and Esquimalt Nations — all that’s left is for City Council is to endorse it

Helps said that some have questioned the decision of removing the statue saying the move would erase history. 

She says that’s not so.

“Removing the statue is actually creating an opportunity to talk about other aspects of history that have heretofore been erased.”

One of the teachers unions here in Ontario tried to get his name removed from schools. This will just embolder them to try again.

I think Wikipedia should be revised to show that between 1867 to 1873 and 1878 to 1891 Canada did not have a Prime Minister because of 21st Century butthurt.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/daily-poll-do-you-support-the-removal-of-victorias-john-a-macdonald-statue

From the comments: 

• How many generations get to play victim before we get to say, "OK, that's enough. Get on with your lives now." The more you feed this the larger it will grow, until you have absolutely no control over it. I fear we are close to that now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Growth? Wasn't the most recent stat released less than 1% ?

Until NAFTA is signed you will not see large numbers 

but with no negative growth since Trudeau took over we are moving forward.   

This Chart sums it up as shows how a ONEWAY thinks.

HARPER 7 years after the crash was pulling in lots of negative numbers

fp0630-gdp_canada_us.png

doing so much better today after the Election 

gdp-growth-annual

Edited by 1trailmaker

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Until NAFTA is signed you will not see large numbers 

but with no negative growth since Trudeau took over we are moving forward.   

This Chart sums it up as shows how a ONEWAY thinks.

HARPER 7 years after the crash was pulling in lots of negative numbers

fp0630-gdp_canada_us.png

doing so much better today after the Election 

gdp-growth-annual

Average growth is what matters, just like stocks.

11 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

which is better today than anytime in the past decade - what is your point again?  

Vote Andrew  he can bring back Harper numbers you all cherish 

Ain't doing shit this year.  A blip is not a pattern.:lol:

• Like 1

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Ain't doing shit this year.  A blip is not a pattern.:lol:

In comparison :dunno:  how many times did we do worse than shit?  I count many months after months - that has ended for now

Enjoy your wealth (that you credit Trump for) wow ONEWAY again at its best 

You  deny factual numbers, but  believe forecasted numbers - sounds a bit ONEWAY to me 

20 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

In comparison :dunno:  how many times did we do worse than shit?  I count many months after months - that has ended for now

Enjoy your wealth (that you credit Trump for) wow ONEWAY again at its best 

You  deny factual numbers, but  believe forecasted numbers - sounds a bit ONEWAY to me 

Just got of the phone with an old customer needing a fast legacy upgrade quote.  Got them back on a VM but its temporary.  Thanks Trump.  Fuck off Trutard.

40 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Just got of the phone with an old customer needing a fast legacy upgrade quote.  Got them back on a VM but its temporary.  Thanks Trump.  Fuck off Trutard.

maybe next year you can thank Andrew - one big cozy family with Doug and Andrew at the helm 

keep making a killing as its going to end soon 

14 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

maybe next year you can thank Andrew - one big cozy family with Doug and Andrew at the helm 

keep making a killing as its going to end soon 

I will and no it won't.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I will and no it won't.

Maybe if we had politicians concerned w/ the economic health of the country rather than 'social engineering' we might get ahead going forward.

A human rights complaint has been filed on behalf of an 11 year old trans child because the family say going back to the old curriculum is detrimental to the child.

Thank God the NDP hadnt won or else everyday would've been Pride Day whether we wanted to hear about it or not.

Edited by revrnd
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Maybe if we had politicians concerned w/ the economic health of the country rather than 'social engineering' we might get ahead going forward.

A human rights complaint has been filed on behalf of an 11 year old trans child because the family say going back to the old curriculum is detrimental to the child.

Thank God the NDP hadnt won or else everyday would've been Pride Day whether we wanted to hear about it or not.

Funny the protest against the sex-ed was a handful of muslim, now the protest for the removal is pretty massive and very white 

Pretty poor decision from Doug (many more coming) 

we know who you back :lol:  ONEWAY 

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Andrew isn't that person to unseat Trudeau 

4 more years of growth coming

You know the show Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader.... Trudope would lose to any of those 5th graders. The village idiot could run for PM and beat him with his track record. Just about everything he touches gets screwed up. Just look at all the so called refugees walking across the border. It wouldn't be the mess is it if not for his stupidity.

7 minutes ago, revrnd said:

11 year old.  Yes this will help the he/she whatever.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

You know the show Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader.... Trudope would lose to any of those 5th graders. The village idiot could run for PM and beat him with his track record. Just about everything he touches gets screwed up. Just look at all the so called refugees walking across the border. It wouldn't be the mess is it if not for his stupidity.

an IDIOT did run against Trudeau and lost :dunno:  

lol newly illegals :lol:  didn't happen before - oh wait it did but the RIGHT was in charge so it was okay - very typical of ONEWAYs 

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hilarious.  

Then: “History teaches us all lessons we should learn.”

Now:  “ERASE HISTORY!!!!!!”

I almost want to laugh.

Yes, removing these statues will change things.

Canadians are quick to criticize Americans about things & then are quick to do the same.

Maybe Jewish organisations should go after the descendents of dead Nazis for what happened under Hitler's regime?

Will JT apologize because our 1st PM was such an evil person?

Last week in Ptbo there was a protest in from of the cenotaph by a group that calls itself the Peterboro Peace Network. They were comparing the nuking of Japan to how Canada has treated its indigenous people (WTF?)

I thought it fitting that a B29 Superfortress was at the airport later in the week. Im surprised the old fucks werent down there protesting as well.

I bet that Palmateer chick is happy about this.

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Funny the protest against the sex-ed was a handful of muslim, now the protest for the removal is pretty massive and very white 

Pretty poor decision from Doug (many more coming) 

we know who you back :lol:  ONEWAY 

All this carrying on & idiots will still have children. 

If a Martian landed in Ontario & turned on the TV news they would think it was the most important issue facing the province.

Insert Tab A into Slot B. Repeat.

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

which is better today than anytime in the past decade - what is your point again?  

Vote Andrew  he can bring back Harper numbers you all cherish 

And how does Canada compare to the other countries... oh yeah.... that's right... they are doing far better than us. Using a school analogy.... if the class average is 75% and you score a 65% you would say the 65% is doing well wouldn't you?

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I've been quite busy with data centre assessments, all in the U.S. They want to know where they can improve and what will give them the most benefit bang for their buck. They all say they have "found" money thanks to the changes in the US economy and taxation. I'll say thanks to Trump as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

All this carrying on & idiots will still have children. 

If a Martian landed in Ontario & turned on the TV news they would think it was the most important issue facing the province.

Insert Tab A into Slot B. Repeat.

I agree DOUGs agenda is fucking lame, Beer and Sex 

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

And how does Canada compare to the other countries... oh yeah.... that's right... they are doing far better than us. Using a school analogy.... if the class average is 75% and you score a 65% you would say the 65% is doing well wouldn't you?

I've been quite busy with data centre assessments, all in the U.S. They want to know where they can improve and what will give them the most benefit bang for their buck. They all say they have "found" money thanks to the changes in the US economy and taxation. I'll say thanks to Trump as well.

2nd only to USA so far :dunno:  hmmmmm - Fact are when OBAMA hit 4% growth Canada was heading the other way to negative numbers - its in the chart.

such a ONEWAY 

And our taxes for Business are lower than the USA, have been that way for over a century - keep trying little fella