Check your account email address ×

What do you do for a living??

1 hour ago, favoritos said:

Interesting job.

I have been working in a building that had 36 data points with our temp monitors.  We always run with dual HVAC systems in each zone just to make sure each one was on point.  We did not have enough automation on the temp controls to keep the HVAC team away for long.

36 points, geeeesssssssssssssssssss.

one of my small buildings has over 10,000

18 hours ago, soupkid said:

36 points, geeeesssssssssssssssssss.

one of my small buildings has over 10,000

Holy crudskis.  I had blips on my phone and puter every time one was out of sync.  I can't imagine.

7 hours ago, ArcticWolf 24 said:

Diesel truck technician. 

This truck wouldn't turn over. I found out pretty quick what the problem was. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

What no latex gloves?

A real mechanic's hands.:bc:

52 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What no latex gloves?

A real mechanic's hands.:bc:

hey now, I just started to try and remember to wear those those when working in the garage on repairs.....I have a hard time remembering to put them on though.

14 minutes ago, jamieharrower24 said:

Senior Plant Tech. for a VERY large cities water filtration facility.......basically I make drinking water 

Have done the automation for many in Ontario, both Water and Waste prior to going my own way.  

35 minutes ago, ArcticWolf 24 said:

I can't stand wearing gloves when I'm working. I wish I could. 

I can't stand wearing gloves either but I do as much as possible now. Four years ago I developed a lump in my left arm. Turned out it was cancer, aggressive sarcoma. Did six weeks of radiation treatments. I could post some pics of what my arm looked like after, radiation burn was deep. Extremely painful, skin peeling off, bleeding. My arm will never be the same due to lymphnode damage. Now I go for a chest x-ray every six months to see if I have lung cancer because that's the next place it will show up.

Caused by 25 years of exposure to chemicals, I never wore gloves. Had jet fuel, hydraulic fluid, synthetic oil not to mention used motor oil at home on my hands almost daily.

I highly recommend you wear gloves.

58 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

I can't stand wearing gloves either but I do as much as possible now. Four years ago I developed a lump in my left arm. Turned out it was cancer, aggressive sarcoma. Did six weeks of radiation treatments. I could post some pics of what my arm looked like after, radiation burn was deep. Extremely painful, skin peeling off, bleeding. My arm will never be the same due to lymphnode damage. Now I go for a chest x-ray every six months to see if I have lung cancer because that's the next place it will show up.

Caused by 25 years of exposure to chemicals, I never wore gloves. Had jet fuel, hydraulic fluid, synthetic oil not to mention used motor oil at home on my hands almost daily.

I highly recommend you wear gloves.

I appreciate your feedback. I've lost a few family members from cancer, it's scary stuff. This is why I have to learn to wear gloves more often. I wish you the best of luck in the future!

Internet Cop. Wont get into specifics. Lets just say anything you do can be traced so dont be committing crimes via the computer your luck will eventually run out.

I work on toys on the side for fun. Probably going to have a career change at some point here im still young enough to do that.

On 6/1/2016 at 5:19 PM, Capt.Storm said:

Does poopy get mixed in with drinking water?

Well in the great grand picture it does eventually lol, but not in the sense I think youre picturing. All depends on the facility, the one Im at now is a deep lake intake so its pretty awesome source water. My first facility I ever ran was one of the most complex in North America due to the source of water on a shallow river that was downstream for other major cities discharging there "treated" waste water from the shit plants. Rainstorms and spring runoff would make the intake water turn from clear to thicker than chocolate milk in hours. Its a very overlooked line of work and should be, as long as people can open there taps and have clean safe water then we are doing our job. When it gets fucked up it hits the news pretty big, ie. Flint Mi.  

1 minute ago, soupkid said:

also walkerton for those ontario folks to remember

Its very unfortunate that ppl lost there lives but it was the eye opener this province needed in regards to drinking water acts and regulations that have now been implemented. Plants were  being operated buy ppl not fit for the position of being in charge of something as important as drinking water. Requires much more schooling, testing and training now, Which Im all for. 

2 minutes ago, soupkid said:

also walkerton for those ontario folks to remember

Seriously?  

I automated the water treatment plant at smooth rock falls say 25 years ago.  It was the fire chief's other duty to be responsible for the plant.  It was setup to automatically shut down on turbidity, low residual chlorine, pH etc  and call a dialer like most modern plants, however they could easily be bypassed as they are just instruments that sent a dry signal indicating everything is good.

Lots more rules and regulations involved now, almost to many at times.

Look at Killarney as an example, they draw the water right from Georgian Bay (can't get much better) and they had to put in a $12m water treatment plant.

I did the HVAC controls in the building and let me tell ya, overkill to the max on both the HVAC side and water treatment side.

3 minutes ago, soupkid said:

Lots more rules and regulations involved now, almost to many at times.

Look at Killarney as an example, they draw the water right from Georgian Bay (can't get much better) and they had to put in a $12m water treatment plant.

I did the HVAC controls in the building and let me tell ya, overkill to the max on both the HVAC side and water treatment side.

You can't sell undisinfected water to people, doesn't mater what the source is and you need to maintain a residual disinfectant in the distribution system, I am sure you know this. :)

50 minutes ago, soupkid said:

Yes I do, the plant that had did all that but the GOV't said they HAD to upgrade

Maybe the valuable census data showed a growing population that would require increased capacity and the government had to wisely act.

I have never done a government contract in over 20 years that I have had my own business and never will.  

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Maybe the valuable census data showed a growing population that would require increased capacity and the government had to wisely act.

I have never done a government contract in over 20 years that I have had my own business and never will.  

This is Killarney we are talking about !!!

The only way the population would increase is if billy bob got his 1st,2nd and 3rd cousins pregnant.

1 hour ago, soupkid said:

This is Killarney we are talking about !!!

The only way the population would increase is if billy bob got his 1st,2nd and 3rd cousins pregnant.

It was sarcasm with the census.:bc:

23 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Seriously?  

I automated the water treatment plant at smooth rock falls say 25 years ago.  It was the fire chief's other duty to be responsible for the plant.  It was setup to automatically shut down on turbidity, low residual chlorine, pH etc  and call a dialer like most modern plants, however they could easily be bypassed as they are just instruments that sent a dry signal indicating everything is good.

The control systems they use have come a long way since dry contacts and autodialers.  Although sometimes simpler is better.