Check your account email address ×

Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

6 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

anyone you know :lol: 

South Simcoe Police seized a Woodbridge teenager’s vehicle after it was clocked going 80 km/h over the speed limit Sunday.

An officer used a radar gun to track the speed of the car as it travelled eastbound on Innisfil Beach Road near Alcona Glen Public School at noon May 6.

Police say the vehicle sped up as it approached the officer, hitting 130 km/h.

https://www.simcoe.com/news-story/8592933-police-seize-woodbridge-teen-s-car-for-speeding-in-innisfil/

Thats racist.:lol:

16 hours ago, revrnd said:

Wynnebag's campaign slogan will be, "If you don't vote Liberal you're a homophobe".

do it for the grand kids... they need to inherit massive debt that will bankrupt Ontario

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:58 PM, 1trailmaker said:

I wish I knew more about their talks - Doug isn't going to say a word about it ------ YET 

There is going to be lots of striking activity in the next year or so I am betting........

But yes get them back to work with a fair deal - The workers have families to feed 

Read all about it from an impartial 3rd party (William Kaplan's Industrial Inquiry Commission Report) at http://labour.yorku.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Kaplan-Report.pdf.  York has 9 collective agreements.  Here is what the report says about them "However, other than the labour disputes with Local 3903, in the last twenty-one years there has only been one other strike, by faculty in 1997. Stated somewhat differently, over the last two decades, i.e., since 1998, York has negotiated 79 collective agreements, and the only labour disputes – meaning strikes – involve Local 3903." and "Interest arbitration, as agreed to by the parties, or imposed by the Legislature, is the only possible outcome for ending this dispute."  He doesn't say it but the last 7 rounds of negotiation with CUPE has resulted in 4 lengthy strikes.  Pretty strong words from a politically appointed commissioner.

Or take an editorial slant by reading http://nationalpost.com/news/toronto/chris-selley-after-four-york-university-strikes-in-18-years-its-buyer-beware-for-students. 

In any event, Wynne dragged her feet long enough implementing the recommendations of her commission that she allowed Horwath to torpedo any chance at getting the students back in the class.  I'm guessing they will still be out in September when the new government gets started up after their summer break.  It's too bad that 50,000 students have to suffer at the hands of a cult-like bunch of union bullies.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:58 PM, 1trailmaker said:

I wish I knew more about their talks - Doug isn't going to say a word about it ------ YET 

There is going to be lots of striking activity in the next year or so I am betting........

But yes get them back to work with a fair deal - The workers have families to feed 

Oh.  And I have no sympathy for the "workers" or their families.  They are in complete control of their destinies.  They already have one of the best (if not the best) contracts of any university in Ontario.  Your sympathy should be with the 50,000 students who can't graduate, have lost a semester of education that they paid good money for, the impact on their summer jobs prospects, professional stream students (nursing, teaching) that haven't been able to complete practical designation requirements, etc.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2018 at 12:08 PM, Muddy Tires said:

Oh.  And I have no sympathy for the "workers" or their families.  They are in complete control of their destinies.  They already have one of the best (if not the best) contracts of any university in Ontario.  Your sympathy should be with the 50,000 students who can't graduate, have lost a semester of education that they paid good money for, the impact on their summer jobs prospects, professional stream students (nursing, teaching) that haven't been able to complete practical designation requirements, etc.

You have never been apart of any collective bargaining worker/management have you? The bold isn't exactly true - no one thought it would go 2 months, once you are in it you have take what happens.  If this strike was 1 week you wouldn't be posting about it.  Its the way it goes in today's world of huge Unions  due to government policies 

Students matter but in this case they will get over it, Mom and Dad most likely are flipping the bills - Their subsidized education will be there again.  There are plenty of on-line studies being offered.

Recovering from debt can be lasting so ya I hope these people get back to work - why don't  you think the same?  Their isn't one person that wants to go on strike contrary to AntI-Unionist  beliefs.

Good wages and low tuition's is something to be proud of

I don't have sympathy for any of the people involved, I do want to see it cleared up and people back to work and adults back in class

Just wait more is coming

On 5/9/2018 at 10:10 AM, 02sled said:

do it for the grand kids... they need to inherit massive debt that will bankrupt Ontario

we all inherited debt every generation passes it on, sooner of later this statement will be irrelevant 

20 years ago we (Ontario) had 120b in debt, who is paying that? 

30 years ago it was 90 billion who is paying that?

Let me know what generation will end up with the bill :dunno:  You are scott free it looks like 

19 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

You have never been apart of any collective bargaining worker/management have you? The bold isn't exactly true - no one thought it would go 2 months, once you are in it you have take what happens.  If this strike was 1 week you wouldn't be posting about it.  Its the way it goes in today's world of huge Unions  due to government policies 

Students matter but in this case they will get over it, Mom and Dad most likely are flipping the bills - Their subsidized education will be there again.  There are plenty of on-line studies being offered.

Recovering from debt can be lasting so ya I hope these people get back to work - why don't  you think the same?  Their isn't one person that wants to go on strike contrary to AntI-Unionist  beliefs.

Good wages and low tuition's is something to be proud of

I don't have sympathy for any of the people involved, I do want to see it cleared up and people back to work and adults back in class

Just wait more is coming

That is total BS, they should get a refund as a min.

Oh no!

http://torontosun.com/news/provincial/elementary-teachers-union-endorses-ndp-ahead-of-ontario-election

In a speech to ETFO, Horwath promised to eliminate EQAO standardized testing.

“It forces your members to teach to the test,” she said. It also denies the fact that professional teachers’ judgement is the. EST assessment of student achievement, she said.

Does that translate to 'nobody is left behind'?

Edited by revrnd

54 minutes ago, revrnd said:

it puts alot of pressure on the students - I don't like it 

When this was introduced it was more of an attack on teachers but ended up on students 

- labeling a grade 3 seems anti productive 

Wynne is announcing 1.5 billion in funding for the developmentally handicapped.

It's too bad the MEDIA wouldn't ask her why the province couldn't find the money before now.

Also someone has to pay for all this free stuff. Someone has to tell these people that there is no such thing as a free lunch and someone has to pay for it.

What happens when the public service grows faster than the private sector? Especially when most job creation is part time & low wages?

Pretty soon the cupboard will be bare.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Wynne is announcing 1.5 billion in funding for the developmentally handicapped.

It's too bad the MEDIA wouldn't ask her why the province couldn't find the money before now.

Also someone has to pay for all this free stuff. Someone has to tell these people that there is no such thing as a free lunch and someone has to pay for it.

What happens when the public service grows faster than the private sector? Especially when most job creation is part time & low wages?

Pretty soon the cupboard will be bare.

Hey ONEWaY have you asked that question about funding from all party's :dunno: 

5 billion for subways

15000 new hospital beds for mentally ill first year - cost? 

Road to James Bay :dunno: 

More Money in your pocket

Denatl for everyone :dunno: 

Free meds for everyone :dunno:  

Regulate gas prices :lol: 

pretty sure all of this is on your tab - Doug is over 20 billion it seems 

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Hey ONEWaY have you asked that question about funding from all party's :dunno: 

5 billion for subways

15000 new hospital beds for mentally ill first year - cost? 

Road to James Bay :dunno: 

More Money in your pocket

Denatl for everyone :dunno: 

Free meds for everyone :dunno:  

Regulate gas prices :lol: 

pretty sure all of this is on your tab - Doug is over 20 billion it seems 

Find that in efficiencies no problem :news: 

2 hours ago, Momorider said:

Find that in efficiencies no problem :news: 

YOU are an easy sale - totally clueless

Tell me old wise one - what are the efficiencies you are aware of :dunno:  Doug has not said one word about it, nor put out a platform so tell me you thoughts 

18 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Tell me old wise one - what are the efficiencies you are aware of :dunno:  Doug has not said one word about it, nor put out a platform so tell me you thoughts 

Too easy!,,,

1. First efficiency is fire Failmaker.

Easy money saved and zero work lost.

2. Fire Failmaker boss because they kept someone who did nothing all day for years.

There you go Fail.  $250,000 a year saved.  And that wasn’t even hard. Imagine how much more a private sector efficiency expert could save.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Too easy!,,,

1. First efficiency is fire Failmaker.

Easy money saved and zero work lost.

2. Fire Failmaker boss because they kept someone who did nothing all day for years.

There you go Fail.  $250,000 a year saved.  And that wasn’t even hard. Imagine how much more a private sector efficiency expert could save.

:lol:  typical oneway 

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  typical oneway 

Just Because you don’t like the answer doesn’t make me a oneway.  Or wrong! 

Admit it an efficiency expert would wipe out your job or significantly alter it.  You spend way too much time on internet sites daily.  We all see it by your post count.

Cost savings are not always about eliminating jobs but also about productivity of the position.   Doug Ford has talked about finding efficiencies.   Not firing people.  The government workers such as yourself would be wise to take heed of the warning.

11 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Just Because you don’t like the answer doesn’t make me a oneway.  Or wrong! 

Admit it an efficiency expert would wipe out your job or significantly alter it.  You spend way too much time on internet sites daily.  We all see it by your post count.

Cost savings are not always about eliminating jobs but also about productivity of the position.   Doug Ford has talked about finding efficiencies.   Not firing people.  The government workers such as yourself would be wise to take heed of the warning.

:lol:  ya okay you seem to know so much but really haven't a clue what any worker does- You are the same guy calling GM workers lazy :lol:  yet there entire daily is scheduled to the second.

Typical hater of workers in government regardless of how much or how little they do 

Are you aware of how much 6 billion dollars is?  I think you don't 

Closed down all schools in the GTA - you are barely halfway towards your 6 billion  :lol:  but ya make them work harder will save billions :lol: 

How about Hospitals? close how many to make 6 billion?  oh just make the Nurse worker harder all while introducing 15k new beds this year :lol:

so simple

You will buy what any PC says, even if they don't really say anything 

but lets make ONTARIO ABOUT ME :lol:  it is what uneducated political voters do 

On 5/12/2018 at 3:40 PM, 1trailmaker said:

My panelshop does some work for the government and has built quite a number of control panels over the years.  Some recent supposedly modern panels went out as specified with basically end of life components with an enormous overkill of spares.  They have also reordered multiple panels over and over again due to flood damage without even finding the cause.  A few million wasted without even having to lay anyone off.  Told the owner to just milk it, but after a while it gets to you. 

15 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  ya okay you seem to know so much but really haven't a clue what any worker does- You are the same guy calling GM workers lazy :lol:  yet there entire daily is scheduled to the second.

Typical hater of workers in government regardless of how much or how little they do 

Are you aware of how much 6 billion dollars is?  I think you don't 

Closed down all schools in the GTA - you are barely halfway towards your 6 billion  :lol:  but ya make them work harder will save billions :lol: 

How about Hospitals? close how many to make 6 billion?  oh just make the Nurse worker harder all while introducing 15k new beds this year :lol:

so simple

You will buy what any PC says, even if they don't really say anything 

but lets make ONTARIO ABOUT ME :lol:  it is what uneducated political voters do 

Its always about you but Wynnebag needs to go.