Check your account email address ×

A Lunar Eclipse flat-Earther’s have never seen.

29 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I could get behind Deism. :bc:

Problem is that deism can be so broad as to encompass all, making in synonyms with universe.  It's nature + a non-interacting creator.  If you can get behind nature, why add more that can never be proven, or experienced?

Neal

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Problem is that deism can be so broad as to encompass all, making in synonyms with universe.  It's nature + a non-interacting creator.  If you can get behind nature, why add more that can never be proven, or experienced?

Neal

Its not non-interacting.   It created the universe to begin with.   It can also be that it helped our solar system (and possibly millions of others) create the perfect world for life to exist.   I think you can look at it from different levels of interaction.  

Edited by Highmark

37 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its not non-interacting.   It created the universe to begin with.   It can also be that it helped our solar system (and possibly millions of others) create the perfect world for life to exist.   I think you can look at it from different levels of interaction.  

It is defined in deism as a non-interacting agent.  That's what separates it from a religion, or theism.

Deism is basically a god creates and then lets nature take it's course.

Neal

http://biblehub.com/niv/2_peter/3.htm 

New International Version

The Day of the Lord

1Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking. 2I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.

3Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” 5But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

8But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.a

11Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.b That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

14So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 15Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

17Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. 18But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

Footnotes:
a 10 Some manuscripts be burned up
b 12 Or as you wait eagerly for the day of God to come

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It is defined in deism as a non-interacting agent.  That's what separates it from a religion, or theism.

Deism is basically a god creates and then lets nature take it's course.

Neal

Basically what I believe.  

Just now, SSFB said:

Pick a side, fence rider!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

No fence.   Just a bit longer involvement before the hands off approach began.  :lol:  

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

:lol: Wasn't picking on anyone in particular there, just that's how these conversations go on the forums. :bc:

Yes we have a tendency to hammer people on their beliefs.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Yes we have a tendency to hammer people on their beliefs.  

So be nice to JT and explore what he is saying, lol. You may question a couple of things afterwards. I think we all need to question things more. :bc: 

1 minute ago, bussman said:

So be nice to JT and explore what he is saying, lol. You may question a couple of things afterwards. I think we all need to question things more. :bc: 

There is a difference between listening to logical inferences and the equivalent of listening to someone saying 2+2=4 is wrong because we should “question” things. The premise behind Jtmouthbreathessrx’s is so dumb it doesn’t deserve “listening”.

7 minutes ago, bussman said:

I have and nothing is not reasonably explained.   Don't tell me you are falling for this flat earth thing too?  

The whole premise is based on some NWO shit.   Sorry we've known the earth and celestial bodies are sphere's for centuries.   I mean there is plenty that I don't believe that comes from the govt but our inability to go into or send objects into space and take video and pictures of a spherical earth isn't one of them.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

There is a difference between listening to logical inferences and the equivalent of listening to someone saying 2+2=4 is wrong because we should “question” things. The premise behind Jtmouthbreathessrx’s is so dumb it doesn’t deserve “listening”.

The earth is round because people told us it was. I say you and I go into space to prove it to ourselves. :bc: 

Why Southern Hemisphere air travel doesn’t cut over Antarctica is kinda baffling. 

One word, safety. 

Two other words, wind patterns.

One word that correlates with that, efficiency. 

Edited by xtralettucetomatoe580

So it’s safer to fly 15 hours over open ocean rather than 6 hours going over Antarctica? 

See what I mean? It’s just a question. 

Uh, yes it is. Ships at sea in a very high magnitude vs a ship that has a ready landing party capable of withstanding arctic weather readily available. It’s common sense with critical thought. Your trolling is slipping. At least I hope it is. The big problem is the jet stream around Antarctica. Look at it. Efficiency killer.