Check your account email address ×

LMFAO

f7ben

15 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Tread lightly my friends. The RE market has topped out to crazy land. Soon it will drop as the market will correct hard.

They have been saying that about Toronto and southern Ontario for as long as I can remember... still waiting. I haven't seen a house in our area for sale for any more than a few days before the sold sign goes up... max maybe a week. Friends just sold his mothers house for $95K above asking in three days with a bidding war.

Edited by 02sled

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well don't ride it all the way to the bottom.  

I waited for 3 months for this correction and the fucking market shrugged off every bad news and chugged ahead. Literally the second I decide to quit swimming against the current the fucking switch flips and its all going to hell :lol: 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I waited for 3 months for this correction and the fucking market shrugged off every bad news and chugged ahead. Literally the second I decide to quit swimming against the current the fucking switch flips and its all going to hell :lol: 

You have control.  It's only the push of a button away.  Unless you're only allowed to make one plan change per quarter......................

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I know I have a securities license i got from sending in a check and the back of a match book cover, but I tried to tell ya. :bc:  

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I know I have a securities license i got from sending in a check and the back of a match book cover, but I tried to tell ya. :bc:  

you told me to get back in with everything I had and I did that......its been a sea of red since and tomorrow looks to be more of the same. There is a correction coming and I bet I timed it perfect for a good fucking :lol: I should have stayed in cash for another year or more

Edited by f7ben

Just now, f7ben said:

you told me to get back in with everything I had and I did that......its been a sea of red since and tomorrow looks to be more of the same. There is a correction coming and I bet I timed it perfect :lol: I should have stayed in cash for another year or more

Don't try and time the market dude.  You're young, it will come back, every time.  Our analysts recently laid out about 50 bullet points why the economy and the markets should perform well into 2018.  And these are really boring, conservative people. :lol:  You're not investing.  You're gambling.  Time man.  Its time.

On 11/9/2017 at 4:12 PM, DriftBusta said:

Dude, put your money back in a portolio of at least 6 growth, and growth and income funds, put 15-20% in international and emerging markets, some small, mid and large cap.  Its not rocket science, let your guy tell you the allocations.  Ideally, you have at least 1-2 reviews every year to make sure things are on track and performing adequately.  People get all freaky about the market, but you have 30 years before you retire, 08-09 was a good example of people who pulled out and stayed out as the market recovered and went way past pre recession levels.  Oh yeah, fuck those cocksucker Republican senators.  Pisses me off too.  I hope some serious backlash is mounting, cuz that shit should not stand.

:lol:  Dead on.

Rule number one of investing.  Don't try and time it.  Its not timing the market.  Its time in the market.  Particularly for someone as young as Ben.

Dude you never should have pulled out.  I watch client accounts just growing at silly rates this year, some of them way out performing the index, we have some awesome tools for building and testing portfolios and it works.  My 401k is up north of 25% this year.

Yep, when I opened my accounts earlier this year, first thing my FA asked me was, "If I call you in 8 years and tell you that you've lost 30% of your investment, what are you going to do".

Leave it there and wait for it to come back. :bc:

• Like 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Don't try and time the market dude.  You're young, it will come back, every time.  Our analysts recently laid out about 50 bullet points why the economy and the markets should perform well into 2018.  And these are really boring, conservative people. :lol:  You're not investing.  You're gambling.  Time man.  Its time.

moving between growth and stable value is hardly gambling but I agree....trying to time the market is stupid