Check your account email address ×

prepare for it

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, SnowRider said:

@Highmark How did America grow and prosper with little to no debt on one income families with the top tax bracket at 90%...:dunno:

Research ETR then get back to me.  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

10 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I know you like to pull out your IRS spreadsheet but anyone with any common sense knows that they dont pay those rates. Guys making $1,000,000+/year arent cutting weekly paychecks for $20K. By taking their pay in capital gains distributions and applying applicable credits and deductions most can get their tax liability under 15% and many pay 0%. So yeah top 1% made $20 trillion and paid $300 billion and complain about all of the taxes they had to pay. In comparison the schmucks making 25% earn $20 trillion and have to pay $600 billion in taxes. Seems fair. 

:lol:   You are so full of shit its almost laughable.   The only thing they (those like MC) avoid by taking capital gains distributions is FICA which of course IS NOT FUCKING INCOME TAXES.   

Explain how the top 1% made more than the countries entire GDP?  :lol:  Fuck dude, take a step back and THINK.  I thought you were smarter than this.  

Someone earning to put them in right at the 25% mark, which would be about 77K in 2014 (last data available) wouldn't pay NEARLY the effective income tax rate of someone in the top 1%.

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   You are so full of shit its almost laughable.   The only thing they (those like MC) avoid by taking capital gains is FICA which of course IS NOT FUCKING INCOME TAXES.   

Explain how the top 1% made more than the countries entire GDP?  :lol:  Fuck dude, take a step back and THINK.  I thought you were smarter than this.  

Someone earning to put them in right at the 25% mark, which would be about 77K in 2014 (last data available) wouldn't pay NEARLY the effective income tax rate of someone in the top 1%.

Nor should they 👍  Back to my original question.......:snack:

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   You are so full of shit its almost laughable.   The only thing they (those like MC) avoid by taking capital gains distributions is FICA which of course IS NOT FUCKING INCOME TAXES.   

You dont live in the real world bro. We have seen it with Trump and Romney. These guys arent paying 37%. 

that's another comical situation, tax loop holes. the wealthy and corporations are ALL about saving taxes, regardless of how they do it. so when they say they're OK with closing tax loop holes, they're making that loss up, and more, somewhere else.

then there's this notion that everyone is going to bring their profits back to the US because taxes rates dropped. riiiiiight. they're going to give up millions to bring their coin back here. :lol:

49 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

read the graph bro. Those are graphs are designed to deceive. When 1% of the population receives 90% of the income they get all self righteous about the amount of taxes they have to pay. If the top 1% had to pay the same PERCENTAGE as the top 25% then we would see some real crying. And lets see the tax brackets on those Top 1%, 5%, 10% and 25%. I bet the top 25% probably makes are $50k which isnt shit. . 

:lol:  

The average federal tax rate of the Top 1% was 34% in 2013. Those in the middle class, or the middle 60% of Americans by income, had an average federal tax rate of 13.8%.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/08/news/economy/top-1-income/index.html

22 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I know you like to pull out your IRS spreadsheet but anyone with any common sense knows that they dont pay those rates. Guys making $1,000,000+/year arent cutting weekly paychecks for $20K. By taking their pay in capital gains distributions and applying applicable credits and deductions most can get their tax liability under 15% and many pay 0%. So yeah top 1% made $20 trillion and paid $300 billion and complain about all of the taxes they had to pay. In comparison the schmucks making 25% earn $20 trillion and have to pay $600 billion in taxes. Seems fair. 

way easier to write off all your income as a high middle income earner than someone making real bank.  Sure they may have a lot of cap gain income but thats treated different for all not just them.  

Edited by Angry ginger

4 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

You dont live in the real world bro. We have seen it with Trump and Romney. These guys arent paying 37%. 

So the IRS even under Obama was lying to us.  :lol:   Even the dems don't debate that number bro.  You realize that don't you?

https://taxfoundation.org/summary-latest-federal-income-tax-data-2016-update/

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

So the IRS even under Obama was lying to us.  :lol:   Even the dems don't debate that number bro.  You realize that don't you?

https://taxfoundation.org/summary-latest-federal-income-tax-data-2016-update/

Those average rates are still quite a bit lower than your IRS listed rates for those incomes. And there are numerous loophole available to avoid even having to disclose earnings. Again, you are being foolish if you think people making >$1 mil/ year are just paying standard payroll taxes. I hope you arent preparing your own taxes. 

6 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Those average rates are still quite a bit lower than your IRS listed rates for those incomes. And there are numerous loophole available to avoid even having to disclose earnings. Again, you are being foolish if you think people making >$1 mil/ year are just paying standard payroll taxes. I hope you arent preparing your own taxes. 

Good lord.   Where did I EVER make such a claim.  I'm talking about calculated tax rates.   Fuck could you be more obtuse on this?

BTW the bold is just laughable.  I can't wait....please post up some examples.  :lol: 

As for the "differences" it simply could be the year the data came from.   I didn't post anything but the last link.   

You get mad and lose common sense when you're wrong.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

the pie owners throwing us another crumb, while running off with bigger pieces of the pie. works every time. no worries rwws, I'm sure that extra pie they have will come trickling back down with ice cream!

my god I'd love to own a country full of rwws to take advantage of day in and day out.

Seems the conservatives aren’t conservative. The Democrats are more conservative

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

How many times are you dems going to keep repeating the same bullshit?   It's always the same, R tax cuts = bad, D taxes = good. 

So the deficit gets a trillion larger and you don’t care?

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

the pie owners throwing us another crumb, while running off with bigger pieces of the pie. works every time. no worries rwws, I'm sure that extra pie they have will come trickling back down with ice cream!

my god I'd love to own a country full of rwws to take advantage of day in and day out.

Are the pie owners the same rwws that you are going to take advantage of?  :lol:  According to you I'd say they are WINNING!  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

So the deficit gets a trillion larger and you don’t care?

Coming from the guy who skips out on his FICA taxes.  :lol:   Priceless.  

Dude under-compensating yourself is illegal.   Ask you IRS employed wife.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Coming from the guy who skips out on his FICA taxes.  :lol:   Priceless.  

I skip out (using your logic) by not paying sales taxes and income taxes by living in NH.

maybe I should send cash to every state like you do....oh wait

Just now, Mainecat said:

I skip out (using your logic) by not paying sales taxes and income taxes by living in NH.

maybe I should send cash to every state like you do....oh wait

Dude under-compensating yourself is illegal.   Ask you IRS employed wife.  You admitted doing so before on here.  

Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Good lord.   Where did I EVER make such a claim.  I'm talking about calculated tax rates.   Fuck could you be more obtuse on this?

BTW the bold is just laughable.  I can't wait....please post up some examples.  :lol: 

As for the "differences" it simply could be the year the data came from.   I didn't post anything but the last link.   

You get mad and lose common sense when you're wrong.  :lol:  

For fucks sake I cant get this fucking table to go away. disregard

No, I know for a fact that nobody in these tax brackets are paying anywhere near the IRS income tax bracket rates. Not being obtuse at all and not going to disclose any personal or confidential information on a website. We have been down this path before with zero agreement so I dont think i am going to convince you or you convince me either.

image.png

Edited by Arctic Cat Destroyer

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

For fucks sake I cant get this fucking table to go away. disregard

No, I know for a fact that nobody in these tax brackets are paying anywhere near the IRS income tax bracket rates. Not being obtuse at all and not going to disclose any personal or confidential information on a website. We have been down this path before with zero agreement so I dont think i am going to convince you or you convince me either.

image.png

Good god nobody is claiming they are paying EXACTLY the rates set by the govt.   They are allowed some deductions too but the IRS data is FACTUAL on what is actually paid and those percentages.   I'm honestly shocked you are in business for yourself.  BTW thanks for posting to table to prove my point.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Good god nobody is claiming they are paying EXACTLY the table rates.   There are allowed some deductions too but the IRS data is FACTUAL.   I'm honestly shocked you are in business for yourself.  BTW thanks for posting to table to prove my point.  :lol:  

I find it funny that you dont know what real business people do about taxes. :lol: 

57 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

:lol:  

The average federal tax rate of the Top 1% was 34% in 2013. Those in the middle class, or the middle 60% of Americans by income, had an average federal tax rate of 13.8%.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/08/news/economy/top-1-income/index.html

way easier to write off all your income as a high middle income earner than someone making real bank.  Sure they may have a lot of cap gain income but thats treated different for all not just them.  

At least Highmark referenced the IRS info. Your info is not correct.