Check your account email address ×

Donald Trump Is Rush-Shipping Condolences to Military Families

Donald Trump Is Rush-Shipping Condolences to Military Families

Source: The Atlantic

The Trump administration is scrambling to defend the president’s characterization of his communications with grieving military families, including rush-delivering letters from the president to the families of servicemembers killed months ago. Donald Trump falsely claimed this week that he had called “virtually” all fallen servicemembers’ families since his time in office. 

Timothy Eckels Sr. hadn’t heard anything from President Trump since his son Timothy Eckels Jr. was killed after a collision involving the USS John S. McCain on August 21. But then, on October 20, two days into the controversy over the president’s handling of a condolence call with an American soldier’s widow, Eckels Sr. received a United Parcel Service package dated October 18 with a letter from the White House. 

“Honestly, I feel the letter is reactionary to the media storm brewing over how these things have been handled,” Eckels told The Atlantic. “I’ve received letters from McCain, Mattis, and countless other officials before his. I wasn’t sure if the fact that the accident that caused Timothy’s death has still yet to officially have the cause determined played into the timing of our president’s response.” 

He added that the letter “seemed genuine and even mentioned Timothy’s siblings.” It was “a respectful letter,” Eckels wrote. The family of Corey Ingram, another Navy systems technician who died in the collision on the USS John McCain, also confirmed to The Atlantic they received a rush-delivered letter from the White House on October 20. A third family, of another sailor who perished in the accident, John M. Hoagland III, said they, too, received a rush-delivery letter this week. It was not immediately clear whether White House condolence letters are typically sent via this expedited shipping. 

-snip-

Read more: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/donald-trump-is-rush-shipping-condolences-to-military-families/543606/ 

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

the guy is a classless piece of work. it's no wonder he's liked by so many in here.

Honestly, I feel the letter is reactionary to the media storm brewing over how these things have been handled,” Eckels told The Atlantic

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Honestly, I feel the letter is reactionary to the media storm brewing over how these things have been handled,” Eckels told The Atlantic

I wasn’t sure if the fact that the accident that caused Timothy’s death has still yet to officially have the cause determined played into the timing of our president’s response.” 

the letter “seemed genuine and even mentioned Timothy’s siblings.” It was “a respectful letter,”

some day you could get your own letter from the DNC giving you a big pat on the back helping sooth your toxic shock syndrome  

This is another example of problems erupting due to trump making shit up to prop up his ego. If he could get a handle on that he may not be such a bad guy or even bad president. But as it stands now he creates so much chaos and hard feelings that very little will get accomplished. He’s even losing key people in his own party. I’m amazed that man like kelly has sold out to this guy. Trump is the catylist for this shit. He’s not the victim. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Who the fuck would? The guy is like an alcoholic father. 

Things need to change in Washington. I hope he turns the whole thing upside down. This is why he got voted in. More of the same was not acceptable. Deal with it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Things need to change in Washington. I hope he turns the whole thing upside down. This is why he got voted in. More of the same was not acceptable. Deal with it.

What specifically is he changing for the 'better'?  :read:  

Remember fewer people wanted him but he had the Putin/Russia connection to fool people like you.....👍

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

I don’t see any real positive change in Washington. The deficit is the second highest it’s ever been. We have troops dying in Niger. More bombs are being dropped at anytime during Obama’s term. America is a cunt hair away from pulling the trigger in NK. Health insurance is about to sky rocket at an even quicker pace. Please show me the improvement? 

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Remember fewer people wanted him but he had the Putin/Russia connection to fool people like you.....👍

Hes really upsetting liberals....so thats better.

21 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

is that the same connection that got the Clintons hooked up with Giustra and all the paychecks that followed  ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

32 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I don’t see any real positive change in Washington. The deficit is the second highest it’s ever been. We have troops dying in Niger. More bombs are being dropped at anytime during Obama’s term. America is a cunt hair away from pulling the trigger in NK. Health insurance is about to sky rocket at an even quicker pace. Please show me the improvement? 

It’s been less than year. I’ll give him some time before I judge the results. Obama didn’t do shit in 8 years other than fuck up healthcare and divide our country. After seeing Hillary go off the rails since the election it appears we made the right choice between two very undesirable candidates.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

is that the same connection that got the Clintons hooked up with Giustra and all the paychecks that followed  ?

The Clintons haven’t been in the White House for over 2 decades.

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The Secretary of State doesn’t go to the White House? Ok.

5 hours ago, Mainecat said:

no but you stood by your crooked queen all through the election even after you were shown how she manipulated the system like only a Clinton can to steel the nomination from the will of the people .

BAHHHH BAHHHH BAHHHH  

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

no but you stood by your crooked queen all through the election even after you were shown how she manipulated the system like only a Clinton can to steel the nomination from the will of the people .

BAHHHH BAHHHH BAHHHH  

And you voted for the worst president in history.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

And you voted for the worst president in history.

and I can hold my head up and say at least Hillary did not get in no matter how bad she along with the media tried to cheat the system . 

it is ok that it makes you sad. self pity and sorrow and passing blame is just a side effect of being a wet noodle liberal

Edited by Ez ryder

That negro lady from Florida with the fucking stupid hat, is desperately trying to paint Trump with the racist brush. That fucking cunt, she probably thinks Trump hates blacks, because he's so rich. I don't think he does, but he probably should, 'cause they sure hate him. 

They know that Trump hates scum-bags. Their instincts are probably right.