Check your account email address ×

More Global Warming News.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

prove it

We have to exclude temperature stations in all the large metro areas because heat island skews the numbers massively.  That alone shows the massive impact that humans have on the climate, specifically the climate where the large majority of humans live.

Try not to be a stupid schmuck.  :bc:

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

prove it

I've read articles about how making one large dam and creating a reservoir has completely changed the climate around it immediately afterwards.  Take all the damns, canals, rooftops, roads, deforestation, pollution, etc globally and how can it not have a huge impact? 

Just now, bussman said:

I've read articles about how making one large dam and creating a reservoir has completely changed the climate around it immediately afterwards.  Take all the damns, canals, rooftops, roads, deforestation, pollution, etc globally and how can it not have a huge impact? 

because the world is a bigger place than you can imagine......and the power it has to protect and right itself is not well understood. Why havent we experienced runaway global warming when at times in the past the concentrations of greenhouse gasses were significantly higher???? How did the earth cool when it was on a runaway warming trend??

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, f7ben said:

because the world is a bigger place than you can imagine......and the power it has to protect and right itself is not well understood. Why havent we experienced runaway global warming when at times in the past the concentrations of greenhouse gasses were significantly higher???? How did the earth cool when it was on a runaway warming trend??

Good post.   3% of the earths surface is covered by urban areas.   3%.   Keep in mind that number was dramatically raised just recently and its an "estimate."  

3% is just the surface now look at it 3 dimensionally taking into account the whole atmosphere.   Probably less than 1 tenth of 1%.  

Does man have an impact.   Probably.   Do we know how much...no I don't believe its actually calculable with all other natural factors constantly impacting climate. 

What really makes me believe its mostly a scam as its almost always about money and redistribution.   

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'm not saying we are pushing climate over the edge or that Mother Earth can't adjust to it, just saying it has been measured man can change climate. 

That said so can beavers. 

Taxing air is so fucking evil I hope the world gets hits by an asteroid before that happens. 

Just now, bussman said:

I'm not saying we are pushing climate over the edge or that Mother Earth can't adjust to it, just saying it has been measured man can change climate. 

Taxing air is so fucking evil I hope the world gets hits by an asteroid before that happens. 

The shit they did in Salt Lake tomake it snow...fucked things up for a while if I read correctly.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

And what percentage of humans lives in those urban areas?

3% seems like a lot.  

Neal

Totally depends on what size is considered "urban."  Estimates are all over the place.

38 minutes ago, bussman said:

37 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

The shit they did in Salt Lake tomake it snow...fucked things up for a while if I read correctly.

Hold on now, is this changing the climate or just the weather?  :pc: