Check your account email address ×

Bernie Sanders "putting everyone on Medicaid would bankrupt the country"

jtssrx

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I agree, but even here we have an issue with extended health care benefits.  One of my suppliers had his premiums double cause he had no limit to coverages and one of the employees got really sick.

Not gonna solve all your problems.

Again you are looking at this as an insurance issue. Thats not even part of the real solution. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Our govt is well on a path to bankruptcy on its own. And medical bills is the #1 cause of personal bankruptcies. And that is part of the reason medical costs being as high as they are. 

I don't doubt we are paying for those that can't.   My point is and always has been the left will NEVER pass anything that significantly changes that.  Those that don't pay won't and those of us that will only more under single payer.   

Just now, Highmark said:

I don't doubt we are paying for those that can't.   My point is and always has been the left will NEVER pass anything that significantly changes that.  Those that don't pay won't and those of us that will only more under single payer.   

:lol:

Conservative logic right here...

Just now, Highmark said:

Well the rest of the world figured out a solution. And they arent having these debates...

Just now, Anler said:

Well the rest of the world figured out a solution. And they arent having these debates...

1. You cannot compare the US to the rest of the world.

2. The countries with UHC have their share of problems.   Tons of them and the financial impacts are just one of them.  

• Like 1

Just now, motonoggin said:

But merica is egseptionull!

Just now, Highmark said:

2. The countries with UHC have their share of problems.   Tons of them and the financial impacts are just one of them.  

Called it...

Just now, Highmark said:

Sure but you are looking at this as insurance as part of the solution. IMO that is never going to be part of the solution. This issue has many components. A healthier population should be part of the solution as well. But food companies, pharmaceutical companies and medical providers are going to lose money and that just isnt part of the discussion.  

Skidmark with more bully bitch mentality - focus on the downtrodden while being robbed blind by the multibillion dollar insurance corporation building a new campus across the street.  

How about focusing on the real cost of HC - 5% of patients who account for nearly 50% of HC costs and real end of life decisions that many right wingers oppose:

http://time.com/money/2793643/cutting-the-high-cost-of-end-of-life-care/

Edited by SnowRider

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Sure but you are looking at this as insurance as part of the solution. IMO that is never going to be part of the solution. This issue has many components. A healthier population should be part of the solution as well. But food companies, pharmaceutical companies and medical providers are going to lose money and that just isnt part of the discussion.  

Lots of evidence the typical American diet is making us sicker and fatter. 

HFCS, glyphosphate, pesticides, etc would all be looked at real hard if we went to single payer. We'd have to. 

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

HFCS, glyphosphate, pesticides, etc would all be looked at real hard if we went to single payer. We'd have to. 

Government is bad, science is a liberal conspiracy, regulations kill monsanto's profits, clean water and air are left to the discretion of big business.......and best of all....you think both sides are the same :lmao: 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Its really disgusting and isnt being debated. Many of the food additives we use here are banned in other countries due to the adverse health risks. Proven health risks. Only in merica. And the argument for not banning them here? People need to take responsibility for what they put in their mouths... 

I don't have time to read back through everything here right now but quick question.  Anybody here have any idea why right now, when the country is supposedly trying their damnest to come up with an affordable solution for healthcare for everyone, is building one right after another of these new fancy "urgent care" centers all over the place?  They seem to be popping up all over, and multiple ones within a close proximity of another.  Was to one twice last week two separate days and both times 2-3 doctors, a couple of "nurses", 2 receptionists, and only one other patient besides me, and I was only there for  CDL physical.  Where's all this money coming from, and what's the theory on it?  Seems costly to me when the nation should be scaling back on expenses?  

7 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

glyphosate :bc:  The way to grow plentiful cheap food!

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Government is bad, science is a liberal conspiracy, regulations kill monsanto's profits, clean water and air are left to the discretion of big business.......and best of all....you think both sides are the same :lmao: 

Screenshot_20170914-095716.png

1 minute ago, hayward said:

I don't have time to read back through everything here right now but quick question.  Anybody here have any idea why right now, when the country is supposedly trying their damnest to come up with an affordable solution for healthcare for everyone, is building one right after another of these new fancy "urgent care" centers all over the place?  They seem to be popping up all over, and multiple ones within a close proximity of another.  Was to one twice last week two separate days and both times 2-3 doctors, a couple of "nurses", 2 receptionists, and only one other patient besides me, and I was only there for  CDL physical.  Where's all this money coming from, and what's the theory on it?  Seems costly to me when the nation should be scaling back on expenses?  

We use several clinic networks for our in house medical monitoring of employees and also for injury treatment on job sites(non-life threatening of course). They faster and more affordable as they dont have the immense overhead of a full blown hospital. 

14 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

And there it is.   More control.   :lol:   Again priceless coming from a true non authoritarian Commie.   

I agree American's could and should live healthier but for the most part its by choice not what the govt isn't doing.  

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

Of course we can't expect anyone to do anything on their own regarding living a healthy lifestyle.   :lol:

Are either or you healthy?   If so why?

Edited by Highmark

10 minutes ago, hayward said:

spot fucking on,  we went from none within 20 minutes to 8,  I have 3 within 6 minutes of where I work 2 24/7 and one 12 hour a day on top of a full hospital w/ ER 2 miles from here.  

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

And there it is.   More control.   :lol:   Again priceless coming from a true non authoritarian Commie.   

I agree American's could and should live healthier but for the most part its by choice not what the govt isn't doing.  

Of course we can't expect anyone to do anything on their own regarding living a healthy lifestyle.   :lol:

Are either or you healthy?   If so why?

:lol:

Ah yes, the 'informed consumer' defense.

It's somewhat difficult to be an informed consumer when companies refuse to disclose all sorts of shit to the public.