Check your account email address ×

Still the king

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, Anler said:

No they didn't rip it but they haven't ridden it either. Looks like they shaved some weight and put the new DSi 800 in it. So basically the bean counters chopped 15 lbs of parts and structural rigidity from it....

I thought this spring you were saying you were buying a Poo?

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I thought this spring you were saying you were buying a Poo?

Poo switchback adventure is the plan. Unless Doo entices me with something awesome but I just can't bring myself to drop $15k on a snowmachine.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Poo switchback adventure is the plan. Unless Doo entices me with something awesome but I just can't bring myself to drop $15k on a snowmachine.

:bc:

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

I miss how easy it was to access everything under the hood to work on the darn things, well except most Yamaha's were a pain.

i would rather have a pain in the ass to service rider forward sled than a big ass hood and my feet out in front of me.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i would rather have a pain in the ass to service rider forward sled than a big ass hood and my feet out in front of me.  

I know what you mean, but I do this for a living even though now-a-days it's more of a problem for the guys who work for me, I usually just watch & listen to all the swearing and do the books. LOL

Edited by XCR1250

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

it really is a struggle for me this year,  I want to stay doo but i refused to drop the coin on an BCX so now i'm searching for a used freeride or a 17 SBA as I really would prefer a bit more track.

Thinking new motorcycle in the spring as well so would like to keep the spend down,  a couple of 15k toys would be ridiculous. 

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I know what you mean, but I do this for a living even though now-a-days it's more of a problem for the guys who work for me, I usually just watch listen to all the swearing and do the books. LOL

i get it, while my doo makes sense in how it comes together and apart it's time consuming sometimes to do minor things.  I had an exhaust spring floating around under the motor all winter because i didn't want to go through the pain in the ass process of stripping the hood, pipe and can to get it out.  

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i get it, while my doo makes sense in how it comes together and apart it's time consuming sometimes to do minor things.  I had an exhaust spring floating around under the motor all winter because i didn't want to go through the pain in the ass process of stripping the hood, pipe and can to get it out.  

Stem magnet is your friend.

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I don't understand what the manufactures were thinking making these sleds so difficult to access anything, I belong to a sled club in which some of the members own the local Poo/Doo dealership, the mechanics in that group are always talking about the extra time they need to charge to work on the newer sleds, at $100/hour the customer many times gets a bill for a $100 or two more then it would cost if it were easier to work on.

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I don't understand what the manufactures were thinking making these sleds so difficult to access anything, I belong to a sled club in which some of the members own the local Poo/Doo dealership, the mechanics in that group are always talking about the extra time they need to charge to work on the newer sleds, at $100/hour the customer many times gets a bill for a $100 or two more then it would cost if it were easier to work on.

Im sure if you did a poll....rider comfort would be much higher on the list then ease of working on....

Open a hood on a new car or truck....alk much harder to work on.

11 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Im sure if you did a poll....rider comfort would be much higher on the list then ease of working on....

Open a hood on a new car or truck....alk much harder to work on.

I guess my point was, why not do both? 

6 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

I actually dont find them all that hard to work on....just a few more things to disassemble.

Not sure how many years you've worked on sleds, this is my 50th. year, some of that was at a Poo/Doo dealership in S.E. Wisconsin, sleds (not all of them) have become a pain to access many items, we do engine rebuilds, clutch rebuilds, and some porting and head machining, lot less than in years past though, I'm simply losing interest after all this time, it's time to relax some now. This will be the first year in 46 that I'm not going to burn firewood, the Lymes disease has made it hard to do everything that's needed with wood burning, I still have +/- 20-25 full cords of wood here, YIKES! 

Edited by XCR1250

41 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

it really is a struggle for me this year,  I want to stay doo but i refused to drop the coin on an BCX so now i'm searching for a used freeride or a 17 SBA as I really would prefer a bit more track.

Thinking new motorcycle in the spring as well so would like to keep the spend down,  a couple of 15k toys would be ridiculous. 

Ha! I am looking to get a motorcycle in the spring also. Wife doesnt know yet. LOL

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Not sure how many years you've worked on sleds, this is my 50th. year, some of that was at a Poo?Doo dealership in S.E. Wisconsin, sleds (not all of them) have become a pain to access many items, we do engine rebuilds, clutch rebuilds, and some porting and head machining, lot less than in years past though, I'm simply losing interest after all this time, it's time to relax some now. This will be the first year in 46 that I'm not going to burn firewood, the Lymes disease has made it hard to do everything that's needed with wood burning, I still have +/- 20-25 full cords of wood here, YIKES! 

Time to retire. :lol:

12 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

No, but dese french guys did and dey say it's a good sled eh :lol: 

Im sure those Frenchies would rather be riding a Gen4 doo... :news: 

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Are you guys removing engines and then complete disassembling & rebuilding?

Of course not....but...like i said...its just a few more steps to do it then on a old couch chassis....the positives outweigh the negatives 10 fold.

3 hours ago, bussman said:

What did you order? :bc: 

Edit: I'm assuming an El Tigre 8000 137?

Regardless, this is cool. :bc: 

Correct :bc: 

3 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

You know what they say about opinions, eh ?

Where did the frenchman hide the trees?

42 minutes ago, Anler said:

Im sure those Frenchies would rather be riding a Gen4 doo... :news: 

Well looking at that magazine cover we certainly know they want to look like a Cat.

1 hour ago, FAT DAVE said:

Of course not....but...like i said...its just a few more steps to do it then on a old couch chassis....the positives outweigh the negatives 10 fold.

Oh, I agree, especially with the regular backyard maintenance, clutching and suspension are no harder than before, it's engine access work that I'm disappointed with, and some 4 stroke models it's rather hard to do the oil change procedures. Anything can be done but the labor times have increased too.