Check your account email address ×

more lacking of personal responsibility

I knew when they came out with this system this was going to be a problem.  Free tolls!  No wonder they have to keep upping the costs to people that actually pay to use the roads.

http://wnep.com/2017/07/05/pa-turnpike-commission-offers-amnesty-for-habitual-toll-shirkers/

Edited by hayward

free tolls? did you read/comprehend the story?

"The law — which goes into effect August 1st — gives the state the authority to suspend the registration of state drivers who consistently blow through the EZ Pass lanes and never pay their tolls.

The Turnpike says if toll evaders pay up now, they can have all additional fees waived."

Edited by Snoslinger

I meant the people thought they were going to get away without paying their tolls and suffering consequences.  And many probably will.  Over 10,000 drivers owe $500 or more.  Just how is law enforcement gonna revoke that many registrations?  Are other states having this same problem or do they have a different system?

Your daughter all paid up Slinger?   

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

free tolls? did you read/comprehend the story?

"The law — which goes into effect August 1st — gives the state the authority to suspend the registration of state drivers who consistently blow through the EZ Pass lanes and never pay their tolls.

The Turnpike says if toll evaders pay up now, they can have all additional fees waived."

Why waive the fee's?   Law is the law just start pulling registrations. 

7 hours ago, hayward said:

I knew when they came out with this system this was going to be a problem.  Free tolls!  No wonder they have to keep upping the costs to people that actually pay to use the roads.

http://wnep.com/2017/07/05/pa-turnpike-commission-offers-amnesty-for-habitual-toll-shirkers/

Need to forward that link to Ctoocheaptopay$2.15tollKF

3 hours ago, hayward said:

I meant the people thought they were going to get away without paying their tolls and suffering consequences.  And many probably will.  Over 10,000 drivers owe $500 or more.  Just how is law enforcement gonna revoke that many registrations?  Are other states having this same problem or do they have a different system?

Your daughter all paid up Slinger?   

funny you ask. the wife is on phone now getting things straightened ot with her EZ pass. did I tell you that story or something?

6 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

funny you ask. the wife is on phone now getting things straightened ot with her EZ pass. did I tell you that story or something?

:lol:No.  I was just checking cause I remember you telling me  she moved down this way somewhere's again.  What's the story?  

I refuse to get an EZ pass.   I have so damn much trouble just remembering all the licenses, registrations, inspections on our stuff the last thing I need is to become delinquint on paying tolls.   But, for what little I use the turnpike, I wouldn't save a whole lot having the pass.

8 minutes ago, hayward said:

:lol:No.  I was just checking cause I remember you telling me  she moved down this way somewhere's again.  What's the story?  

I refuse to get an EZ pass.   I have so damn much trouble just remembering all the licenses, registrations, inspections on our stuff the last thing I need is to become delinquint on paying tolls.   But, for what little I use the turnpike, I wouldn't save a whole lot having the pass.

my wife changed a credit card number and forgot to update the ez-pass account tied to it. our daughter has one of our passes in pa and her car is still registered here. so between PA and NJ we got about 10 letters in the mail indicating she's been a toll violator as the ezpass wasn't registering. it's been a pain in the ass to fix it.i told her no more and to get her own damn pass. 

Edited by Snoslinger

30 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

my wife changed a credit card number and forgot to update the ez-pass account tied to it. our daughter has one of our passes in pa and her car is still registered here. so between PA and NJ we got about 10 letters in the mail indicating she's been a toll violator as the ezpass wasn't registering. it's been a pain in the ass to fix it.i told her no more and to get her own damn pass. 

Yeah i'm not on top of that kind of stuff either.  Don't feel alone, there's only 10,000+ more that are right there with you :lol::bc:.

Hey wait a second, because of your wife and daughter, everytime I run to Allentown for parts, it's costing ME more money....:thumbdown:

3 minutes ago, hayward said:

Yeah i'm not on top of that kind of stuff either.  Don't feel alone, there's only 10,000+ more that are right there with you :lol::bc:.

Hey wait a second, because of your wife and daughter, everytime I run to Allentown for parts, it's costing ME more money....:thumbdown:

no dude, we paid the tolls. :bc: