Check your account email address ×

No More Cash?

7 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Pre pay blows but I guess the fill and dash issue is real, I usually pay at pump but they don't really have any prepay around here :news: 

I would think most every station has pay at the pump in your area?  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Momo is a CFO.  CFO's have personal assistants, commonly called Executive Assistants.  

Im my wifes personal assistant...im ok with that. :lol:

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

If I wanted the $$$ for myself I wouldn't give it to her.  I fully expect her to spend it.  

It really isn't so much about being trustful.  It's about being modern and environmentally friendly.  Years ago, the State of AK adopted very strict rules with regards to underground storage tanks.  Over a short period of time every fuel retailer had to upgrade their systems to meet these strict rules.  These upgrades include modern state of the art fuel dispensing equipment and pumps.  These rules were a boon for small businesses like those that build gas stations and it made life much easier for the customer.  In the end it will save retailers millions when they don't have an environmental disaster to clean up because of a leaking storage tank.   Another example where regulation is good for everyone.  

If you go inside to pay you are standing in line, even if you happen to be the first person in that line.  

I think you misunderstood what I meant, pre-pay or pay at pump only tells me that those stations have issues with drive-offs. :bc:

38 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Ive sledded all over ontario and never had to use cash. :dunno:

Were did I say I had to use cash, lots of small towns don't have pay at pump you clown :flush: 

14 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I think you misunderstood what I meant, pre-pay or pay at pump only tells me that those stations have issues with drive-offs. :bc:

I'm sure drive off's may have been an issue years ago but they are complete non issues for much of the last decade around here.  

I've bought fuel in almost 20 different states in the last 9 months and not even once did I need to go inside to pay.  Everything was pay at the pump.  

11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I'm sure drive off's may have been an issue years ago but they are complete non issues for much of the last decade around here.  

I've bought fuel in almost 20 different states in the last 9 months and not even once did I need to go inside to pay.  Everything was pay at the pump.  

We had an independent place here for years was the cheapest place always and he only took cash. Turned it into a strip mall a few years ago :) 

Just now, Momorider said:

We had an independent place here for years was the cheapest place always and he only took cash. Turned it into a strip mall a few years ago :) 

Wheres here?

14 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Can you put cash in the pump like Walmart allows on their do-it-yourself checkouts? I think most pumps near me accept credit cards at the pump I just don't do it myself, I like going inside to buy a snack or  a bottle of Tea or Pop.

Edited by XCR1250

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Can you put cash in the pump like Walmart allows on their do-it-yourself checkouts? I think most pumps near me accept credit cards at the pump I just don't do it myself, I like going inside to buy a snack or  a bottle of Tea or Pop.

Nope.  Swipe and pump.  Quick and easy.