Check your account email address ×

Cordless Weed Eaters???

8 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I've been helping my 83 year old FI around the house a lot lately. He has a 18v Ryobi weed wacker , that I'm very impressed with.

I have the same one because I have a shit load of battery's for it . I can do my yard with 1 some times 2 battery's. but I have about 160ft or more of picket fence to go under and a few trees and about 80ft or retaining wall . I had a pos toro at 1 time and it did not have replicable battery's and I could do about 1/4 of my work the plug it in for 2 hrs .

I have a stihl I break out when I don't do it for a few weeks  

On 6/20/2017 at 4:47 PM, ckf said:

I don't even go though a gallon of gas a year with my current trimmer.  I was thinking about something like this so I could use the One+ batteries that I already have.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-ONE-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-String-Trimmer-4-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-Included-P2090/300339420

I ended up picking up the above Ryobi from Home Depot yesterday. I got a chance to use it a little bit today. It had more power than I thought it would. It has a as much or more power than the  2 stroke Craftsman that I got at the local Ace Hardware store a few years ago.

• Like 1